Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
I considered that, but I feel once we go with an international team they kinda become redundant once a big event threatens the world and the only team that matters is the Justice League. international heroes isn't a super distinctive niche because they often don't feel very international, and often like a regular American team book with ethnically specific characters. so in my mind, the League is THE international team and all the big time established heroes are members of the JL institution like the JLU and current Snyder set-up. under that umbrella set up I think the international heroes having their own culturally specific niche teams under the Justice League framework is a cool route to go; New Super-man pulled it off amazing. Also Africa as a continent is typically done pretty dirty and kinda as a monolith, so I feel having their premiere African hero focus on exploring and showcasing the rich and diverse narrative playground that is africa is a great way to show that it's a dynamic setting that people shouldn't be afraid to explore in story.

She's the anti-Black Panther in that sense, Wakanda wants to be closed off and T'Challa fights to bring Wakanda to the world, Vixen could be about bringing the world to Africa. She can uniquely make people aware of the scope of the shadow colonialism and european/american imperialism cast over africa to this day in a way that Black Panther (as a culture that's removed from that history) can not.

Then she needs to be written by a writer who won't butcher this. Alternatively, it doesn't have to be "the west vs Africa", it could be dealing with corrupt African leaders or internal conflicts.