Page 512 of 750 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I did think this arc had T'Challa as much more a badass action hero (not initially, but after he regained his memory). I think Wakanda doesn't hold up well, but T'Challa has been the hero on quite a few occasions.

Now, ask me to recall the specific issue and I'll flounder because they were, what, eight months ago?
    Acuna did have T'challa beat that goon ass all run.

It has just been goon after goon after goon. It was cool for a bit and refreshing but like... need a mini boss or something in there lol. Dude never even talked to emperor Njadaka before he got blown up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The fight was cool, but I tgought the overall issue was weak.
    TBH, I don't really know what is going on lol

something something Mephisto something something Khonshu something something ultra powered MK something starbrand baby? something T'challa beat that ass. Thats all i got lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I know I know, Coates is gonna Coates but it would be nice if he did just one good solid, no strings attached thing for T'Challa thst was laced, covered, and drizzled in bullisht
    Maybe T'Challa will get lucky and steal a win.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

It has just been goon after goon after goon. It was cool for a bit and refreshing but like... need a mini boss or something in there lol. Dude never even talked to emperor Njadaka before he got blown up lol

something something Mephisto something something Khonshu something something ultra powered MK something starbrand baby? something T'challa beat that ass. Thats all i got lol
    Ya know, kind of funny, but that's all I really need though. Lol! For any Black Panther fans that are butthurt cause somehow BP got a FEW wild feats in some years can go cry and kick rocks! If BP annexes Asgard to Wakanda, I may raise an eyebrow ever so slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I did think this arc had T'Challa as much more a badass action hero (not initially, but after he regained his memory). I think Wakanda doesn't hold up well, but T'Challa has been the hero on quite a few occasions.

Now, ask me to recall the specific issue and I'll flounder because they were, what, eight months ago?
    I disagree, to start, he seemed more action hero before he had his memory back, now he has just been delegating and getting talked down to by everyone, his sister included, and even his enemy doesn't see him as the actual threat but Storm and Eden.. All the while him being an idiot on the first place for getting captured in the most contrived manner possible

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe T'Challa will get lucky and steal a win.
    I mean the fact that two years on, and T'Challa hasn't even fought N'Jadaka and when they did meet, it was Okoye (who on that panel was front in center as of it were here book) who easily defeated N'Jadaka on the most basic and lame ass way possible while T'Challa fought zenzi.. I have zero confidence in Coates at all. Its pretty much just wishful thinking that I know won't happen. Its literally going to be "What type of bullisht is Coates going to 'surprise' us with in the end" he ain't the main character, he is the guy on the background barking orders and waiting for his "big gun" to save the day when things go sideways

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

From what I can tell, Mephisot is builing an allience. Coulson, Dracula, and others. I guess Kohusnu can see the future of those events like Bast did for the Phoenix and is taking a more active roll in preventing it. lol

Astonishing Member

People expecting Coates to deliver on these last few issues are setting themselves up for disappointment. That said, his statement on Boseman's passing and his relationship with the man himself was heartfelt. I may disagree with much of what he's done with T'Challa the character, but I have little doubt that Boseman's death left an impact on him and I understand that he lost someone he considered a friend.

They both carry themselves with a certain poise and respect for their people, a strength that has an impact on everyone they touch. In a certain sense I appreciate what Coates has brought to the table because while I've been frustrated with his run I admire his dedication to a specific creative vision and Marvel's willingness to let him continue it (a courtesy I hope is offered to future writers). He may not value the world of Black Panther in the same exact way that I do but I think we both have a deep respect for what Boseman did and that's some comfort.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just wanted to give a shout-out to T'Challa's showing in Avengers this month. That was definitely a cool fight. Honestly I thought it was going to end at one moment, but then it picks up again. Techniques were pretty cool, though if anyone is familair with African martial arts, is the naming of techniques like that? In Chinese martial arts, there's that poetry and expression, but is it like that in African ones? (Before anything else, yes, I know that Aaron made up the terms, though he did throw in Dambe in there).

As for the rest of the issue, yeah, it was weak. It was confusing at times, especially with the time jumps and what have you. Think it needs to be read with the previous issues. But T'Challa certainly had a great showing!
    I'm not too well-read on African martial arts, but as far as I know the naming conventions and poetry aren't the same as what you'll find in Asia. I don't have the book anymore, but I do know about sword "dances" from West Africa practiced by Tuareg and Mandinka warriors that had some colorful names in Arabic but I'm drawing a blank on specific techniques.

Dambe, which is the only African martial art I have some info about, doesn't use named attacks with that same poetry either from what I've seen. Though it may vary on a local level, so you'd probably need to know someone in the scene to get ahold of real names. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    People expecting Coates to deliver on these last few issues are setting themselves up for disappointment..
    I just want it to end so we can move on lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm not too well-read on African martial arts, but as far as I know the naming conventions and poetry aren't the same as what you'll find in Asia. I don't have the book anymore, but I do know about sword "dances" from West Africa practiced by Tuareg and Mandinka warriors that had some colorful names in Arabic but I'm drawing a blank on specific techniques.

Dambe, which is the only African martial art I have some info about, doesn't use named attacks with that same poetry either from what I've seen. Though it may vary on a local level, so you'd probably need to know someone in the scene to get ahold of real names. Hope that helps!

I noticed the naming of the strikes, I was thinking that’s legit what they are called. The first time I had seen something like that was in Iron Fist books. I liked the use of it there. Im guessing it’s based off of something that’s real, may not be. If it’s real it gives you a nice glimpse into African Martial arts that most people never talk about.

People expecting Coates to deliver on these last few issues are setting themselves up for disappointment.
    But that's where your wrong my friend, for I expect the worst and only take comfort that, because it's the ending of his run, he has to put the pieces back for the next writer, so he can only heap so much bullisht in the end

Isn't T'Challa controlling Mjolnir a King of the Dead feat, since previous Black Panthers have been able to control it to some extent as well?
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Isn't T'Challa controlling Mjolnir a King of the Dead feat, since previous Black Panthers have been able to control it to some extent as well?
    I dont think hes controlling it. It just won't voluntarily hit him.

I guess it could be interpreted that way. The book implies that the hammer knows him because the blood of the previous BP's flows in his veins. Not necessarily mean he couldn't have done it without KOTD though. It's pretty vague, and frankly because this was a random pull out of Aarons behind I'm not entirely sure he even gave the matter a whole lot of thought.

No.

He said it was in his blood. This has nothing to do with king of the dead nad everything to do with the bloodline of Bashenga and even before that with this 10000000000000000 BC avenger nonsense.

Let KotD die already lol. Y'all reachin like crazy