Page 509 of 750 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think actual energy daggers as opposed to physical ones are better. They're less redundent. Don't need physical daggers when you have claws ... it's like giving Wolverine a knife. Wolverine does not need a knife.
    That's my thinking too. It seems redundant to have claws then energy daggers. It's easier to me if they're just dagger-shaped energy bolts he can hold and throw.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    i love the elongated staff on occassion

i still think these daggers from the arms can be energy based. They do appear out of his suit randomly. IT just gives an explanation on where the F they come from instead of magic lol

Suit arbsorbs the energy, suit makes the energy daggers out of it is my fan theory now lol
    Yea I think that's what throws me off about them. Where do those thick metal connectors come when the suit is supposed to be skin-tight lol? Plus when you already got claws, I think the purpose of the energy daggers should be mostly mid-long range projectiles (like Batarangs). And even in H2H combat, I think visually it's a bit cooler for him to hold pure energy but that's just me.

i still think these daggers from the arms can be energy based. They do appear out of his suit randomly. IT just gives an explanation on where the F they come from instead of magic lol

Suit arbsorbs the energy, suit makes the energy daggers out of it is my fan theory now lol
    I think that's a pretty good way to go about it. He uses the energy from the suit to create weapons, the more energy absorbed the greater the weapon( daggers, swords, blades, bo staff etc.).

I'd love to to see him pull a Ryu from Street Fighter and do a Hadouken!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

That dude was the "batman" fo the great society

aka... T'challa should have wrecked him. T'challa is Batman on steroids... literally and figuratively lol.

The fight was way too even.
    Not to mention the bit were a seemingly normal shuriken cuts an energy dagger in half.

That "Black Mamba Spine Strike" was glorious in Avengers #36.

Mighty Member

I think actual energy daggers as opposed to physical ones are better. They're less redundent. Don't need physical daggers when you have claws ... it's like giving Wolverine a knife. Wolverine does not need a knife.
    So you want our BP to become a Wolverine copycat....wtf!!!!

I want BP with both claws for close contact combat and projectiles/energy daggers for longer range attacks.

It's one of the reasons that is seriously disliked Redjacks
    's Pantherquest.

I loved the EMH EDs/energy daggers a lot because they could shapeshift into a combat staff or spear or sword or a pair a daggers.

In my opinion, there should be different types of EDs and BP suits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Yea exactly what I was talking about.

(God do I hate that 'fight' though lol)

I'm not too sure I like the idea of them being intangible. I think it feels less like part of T'Challa's theme as a superhero. Energy bolts feels more like a superpower (like Psylocke or Dagger) and less like the weapons used by African tech genius warrior king. And since the suit works on absorbing and redirecting kinetic energy I don't think it makes sense for the suit to create them, since as long as I can remember energy daggers are capable of cutting and burning things, as well as destabilising energy fields. Kinetic energy doesn't do that.

The EMH looks cool but I think it works in that kind of cartoony medium. You don't really need to explain how stuff like that works.
    Yeah my thinking is daggers could be energy bolts T'Challa can hold and manipulate until he decides to throw them, with EMH being the best example of that. I think the combination of an afrofuturist aesthetic and throwing would give energy daggers an appropriately African vibe, since it's not necessarily the same as blasting energy like Captain Marvel, ya know?

And I doubt they're kinetic energy because as you said, they have different properties than the normal energy T'Challa uses. That's why I said the suit would have a limited store of the energy, because whatever it is, it's probably directly produced by the suit itself instead of any kinetic energy T'Challa gains. But I see the appeal of the arm handle lol. Intangible daggers definitely have the potential to be misused as just regular energy bolts, without the nuance of mounted energy daggers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    That "Black Mamba Spine Strike" was glorious.
    Yeah.... It's as if Mr Aaron is low key aching to do an iron fist series. Lol!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think that's a pretty good way to go about it. He uses the energy from the suit to create weapons, the more energy absorbed the greater the weapon( daggers, swords, blades, bo staff etc.).

I'd love to to see him pull a Ryu from Street Fighter and do a Hadouken!

Agreed and co-signed.

Although I would prefer if BP came up with his own style of hadouken.

There was a little bit of it in this recent issue even if it was one-handed.

this recent T'challa vs MK is what a real fight between T'challa and a Batman Copycat would look like

aka I dont have time to kill you lol

Hell, I think MK actually has powers though (this time, i honestly can't keep track of his powerset between different writers lol). So even worse.
    MK lost his powers somewhere between West Coast Avengers and Hudsons MK run. So he's a descent analogue for a Batmsn fight ... but he's not as skilled a fighter (and I say that as an MK fan) and mostly without the tech.

I think the point of that scene was that Hickman was writing them like they were legit the JLA. BP was fighting a Batman clone complete with his bat God aura ... a draw was probably as good as it gets.

I thought the way they approached it here was perfect. My only complaint is the blades should be thicker.

Spoiler pic:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

And since it’s all just energy, who’s to say through Wakandan tech they haven’t figured out a way to make kinetic energy into a solid of some kind?

Sorry I don’t know how to do spoilers.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 09-30-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    So you want our BP to become a Wolverine copycat....wtf!!!!

I want BP with both claws for close contact combat and projectiles/energy daggers for longer range attacks.

It's one of the reasons that is seriously disliked Redjacks
    's Pantherquest.

I loved the EMH EDs/energy daggers a lot because they could shapeshift into a combat staff or spear or sword or a pair a daggers.

In my opinion, there should be different types of EDs and BP suits.
    Me saying I prefer him with energy daggers isn't me saying he is Wolverine. It's me saying claws and physical daggers are somewhat redundant.

Energy daggers for range and claws for close combat means the physical daggers are somewhat moot.

Edit........
    Last edited by Vanguard; 09-30-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Me saying I prefer him with energy daggers isn't me saying he is Wolverine. It's me saying claws and physical daggers are somewhat redundant.

Energy daggers for range and claws for close combat means the physical daggers are somewhat moot.
    That’s true. But I guess maybe if he wanted to just stun someone and not kill them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

Sorry I don’t know how to do spoilers.
    spoiler don't work for images, you did it right it just doesn't wrok on images lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

spoiler don't work for images, you did it right it just doesn't wrok on images lol
    Okay cool. Lol