From what was said in the video it looks like T’Challa may not be the main character of the the tie-ins. The guy said that he’d be busy with the Avengers (presumably in space) while the AoW, led by Okoye, mount a defense of the kingdom. Hopefully T’Challa’s role ends up being more than what’s suggested but since issue 3 of Empyre is set to take place in Wakanda I’m expecting him to at least be present for the early stages of the invasion.

And I agree with Cville that this may be around the time Coates gets off the book. I wouldn’t be surprised at a relaunch post-Empyre or towards the end of the year since Marvel’s gotta be realizing the book is failing by now. Hopefully with T’Challa as chairman and Wakanda being a major backer of the Avengers the next writer depicts a confident, commanding king.

It’s interesting that Aaron doesn’t seem to have much of a role in this event, though. I think he has a few loose ends to tie up for his run but if the book relaunches come next year or so, I think Ewing would be a great writer for a BP-led Avengers. It’d help cement him in the role and make him central to whatever major stories he tells like in Ultimates.