Page 567 of 750 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude! I really dig your style, I have never been a heavy shader in my drawings, but I definitely appreciate the artists who are. Looks dope
    Thanks! I need to do a better job on drawing faces but this is one of the best pics I've done just drawing from imagination. Right now, I'm finishing up one of the earlier pics I posted, adding some detail.

As far as shading, that's probably my best strength when drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I posted an unfinished version of this pic earlier:

T'Challa with Spear of Bashenga.

Attachment 101459
    You gonna mess around and have me picking up my sketch pad again. Lol. Turn this joint to a fan for our dude.

Thanks! I need to do a better job on drawing faces but this is one of the best pics I've done just drawing from imagination. Right now, I'm finishing up one of the earlier pics I posted, adding some detail.

As far as shading, that's probably my best strength when drawing.
    for me it's the opposite lol, my shading game is kinda weak but I'm good at drawing faces, that's always been a stronger point for me. Hence why I like the MCU BP masks and why Rocaforts my favorite artist for BPs mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, John Riddley will be making his debut on Marvel comics this january with a Wolverine story, and Marvel said they will be working with him on the future. I was thinking, maybe is Black Panther?

He fits with what Marvel is probably looking for: he is black, famous, have a fan base and won a Oscar. And better than most, he actually have experience writing comics. Plus he will be coming hot from The Other History of the DC Universe and the Batman comic he will do.

I just can't think of another name that would fit the "high profile with a name outside comics" that Marvel is most likely looking to take over BP, maybe just N.K.Nemisin.
    Wasn't he supposed to be on a Batman book? If so it must have been canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You gonna mess around and have me picking up my sketch pad again. Lol. Turn this joint to a fan for our dude.
    Ha! Go ahead dude and put out some work.

for me it's the opposite lol, my shading game is kinda weak but I'm good at drawing faces, that's always been a stronger point for me. Hence why I like the MCU BP masks and why Rocaforts my favorite artist for BPs mask.
    I'm definitely going to keep working on faces. I thought about buying the pose-able figurines to help with proportions and getting my faces looking better.

Yeah, I head he was doing work for DC.

Mighty Member

It's beating a Dead horse but come on, RJ produced a high quality BP in Quest, dude had the skill and is a professional writer, and WANTS to wrire the character and likes T'Challa as well. Shouldn't Those be the qualifications to pen BP
    "High quality BP in Quest"....????

I dunno about that LOL.....EMH BP and Hudlin's BET BP animated miniseries each beat the brakes off RJs BP in half-a-heartbeat.

The BP vs ironman and vs Thor were definitely brilliant.....I can at least admit RJ got a little appropos from me for that but I just can't get over the removal of BPs daggers n boots as well as making BP waaaay to talkative.

Yes, I am NOT saying BP should never speak but in a manner that amplifies his mystique with his facial expressions and body language doing most of the talking....so his dialogue is usually quick and direct with Shuri doing most of the verbosity talking.

There are some eps that at least took better effort to illustrate this but the show in general did not.

Also the BP vs White wolf fight was disappointing...same with winter soldier (Yes, yes.....I know what the plan was but the visual of WS single handed choke of BP with Tchalla dangling helplessly.....that visually was disconcerting).

Tigershark is an absolute joke and a nobody in the comics yet how is he potrayed as such a difficult villain for BP in quest?

Klaw's abilities were NEVER utilised to his full capabilities as the MASTER OF SOUND powers he has. I know RJ n crew probably had to use the movie version due to synergy as well as continuity with the earlier avengers toon seasons....but I honestly thought that Klaw would transform into his true authentic version in Quest but naaah....instead he was nothing but the same jokester bum villain from the movie.

Plenty of deliberately rejected opportunities......Nyami class battlecruisers, panther-mechs, the energy daggers, the vibraniums soles boots, more fantasticsl use of the kimoyo card, BPs heightened super smell, hearing and sight senses, mental telepathic block ability,,etc, etc.

And BP kept landing flat on his back waaaay too easily and too many times during fights. Spiderman has VERY MANY solo toon series over the DECADES but I doubt that in ANY season of spidey's many animated series that he has fallen flat on his back as many times during a fight as BP did in Quest.....it reached a point we're my kid cousins kept asking "Are u sure this is the same BP from the movies?".

When I tell them yes, they are like "why is he so weak?".

They did enjoy the BP vs Thor and vs Ironman parts but those were too little too late because they still didn't enjoy BP as they did in the movies and in EMH.

Spidey, Ironman and Cap always look cool in fights even when they are loosing the fight..... Not BP in Quest.

Apologies for ranting AGAIN about Quest but the hopes and expectations from me and family for that show was through the roof in excitement.....only to be barely cool nor fascinating.

Right now I am more interested (and would be enthralled) to see RJ write GL John Stewart, and/or Black lightning, I will always check out whatever RJ works on and hope he gets the GL John Stewart gig .....but I am just not confident in RJ to write a BP solo series.....perhaps someday I will be proven wrong.

Just my 2 cents!

Again....sorry for the rant
    Last edited by Besouro; 10-15-2020 at 06:19 PM.

He's writing a Batman mini series for Future State. It's rumor to star Luke Fox.

I'm definitely going to keep working on faces. I thought about buying the pose-able figurines to help with proportions and getting my faces looking better.
    I have one of those, however I didn't find it too helpful for me, honestly, just looking at drawing ideas, via deviant or pinterest, pinterest actually has a lot of good ideas for dynamic poses and such. Now I gotta work on my drawing
    this weekend for sure lol

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

I dunno about that LOL.....EMH BP and Hudlin's BET BP animated miniseries each beat the brakes off RJs BP in half-a-heartbeat.

The BP vs ironman and vs Thor were definitely brilliant.....I can at least admit RJ got a little appropos from me for that but I just can't get over the removal of BPs daggers n boots as well as making BP waaaay to talkative.

Yes, I am NOT saying BP should never speak but in a manner that amplifies his mystique with his facial expressions and body language doing most of the talking....so his dialogue is usually quick and direct with Shuri doing most of the verbosity talking.

There are some eps that at least took better effort to illustrate this but the show in general did not.

Also the BP vs White wolf fight was disappointing...same with winter soldier (Yes, yes.....I know what the plan was but the visual of WS single handed choke of BP with Tchalla dangling helplessly.....that visually was disconcerting).

Tigershark is an absolute joke and a nobody in the comics yet how is he potrayed as such a difficult villain for BP in quest?

Klaw's abilities were NEVER utilised to his full capabilities as the MASTER OF SOUND powers he has. I know RJ n crew probably had to use the movie version due to synergy as well as continuity with the earlier avengers toon seasons....but I honestly thought that Klaw would transform into his true authentic version in Quest but naaah....instead he was nothing but the same jokester bum villain from the movie.

Plenty of deliberately rejected opportunities......Nyami class battlecruisers, panther-mechs, the energy daggers, the vibraniums soles boots, more fantasticsl use of the kimoyo card, BPs heightened super smell, hearing and sight senses, mental telepathic block ability,,etc, etc.

And BP kept landing flat on his back waaaay too easily and too many times during fights. Spiderman has VERY MANY solo toon series over the DECADES but I doubt that in ANY season of spidey's many animated series that he has fallen flat on his back as many times during a fight as BP did in Quest.....it reached a point we're my kid cousins kept asking "Are u sure this is the same BP from the movies?".

They did enjoy the BP vs Thor and vs Ironman parts but those were too little too late because they still didn't enjoy BP as they did in the movies and in EMH.

Spidey, Ironman and Cap always look cool in fights even when they are loosing the fight..... Not BP in Quest.

Apologies for ranting AGAIN about Quest but the hopes and expectations from me and family for that show was through the roof in excitement.....only to be barely cool nor fascinating.

Right now I am more interested (and would be enthralled) to see RJ write GL John Stewart, and/or Black lightning, I will always check out whatever RJ works on and hope he gets the GL John Stewart gig .....but I am just not confident in RJ to write a BP solo series.....perhaps someday I will be proven wrong.

Just my 2 cents!

To each their own, my son enjoyed it and watched it with me. T'Challa was the was the lead of the show and so it makes sense he is going to be talking more, in fact I would of been pretty annoyed if he wasn't doing most of the talking because then it takes focus off him and puts it on other's to carry conversations. The point was that villains were actually supposed to be strong, and not jobbers. My only compliant was that he lost his fight with bask at the end but really he proved he could take out the Avengers and did so. Fights felt better imo because the threats felt bigger.

I'm sure of there was more time (I believe originally there was supposed to be 2 26 episode seasons) we would of seen more. But frankly I'm pretty satisfied with what we got. We got a plenty of good ole h2h and some good tech feats as well. The Panthers shield against Thor and the panther tron against Tony was pretty dope

I have one of those, however I didn't find it too helpful for me, honestly, just looking at drawing ideas, via deviant or pinterest, pinterest actually has a lot of good ideas for dynamic poses and such. Now I gotta work on my drawing
    this weekend for sure lol
    So figures aren't that big of a help huh. Oh well, I've been improving on my proportions and will just look at other pics to get the faces down pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

Just my 2 cents!

You can't be wrong or right about how you enjoy art. If you hated BPQ, you hated it and that's just as legit as every fan who loves it.

Other creators will say things like "i'm sorry you didn't like it." I have too in the past. That's politics.

Here's the truth.

I was not asked to recreate the MCU Black Panther because that film did not exist when we started making the show. We could not recreate the version of the Panther shown in the comics at the time because that was Coates' version and it was way too dark for a tween and teen audience. Also, I wouldn't have taken the job if that had been the job. No chance. We were also told not to worry about matching BPQ to previous seasons of Avengers Assemble, hence the re-title to go with the new focus.

So, if anyone's disappointed we didn't make versions of those other Panthers, that's on them. We never said we were trying to do that because we weren't trying to do that.

The Black Panther in BPQ was close to "my version" of the Panther in many ways but even that was nowhere near what I'd do were I driving the 616 book. There are a million things you can't do on the Disney Channel that you can easily do in a comic book. You have no idea the stories you just can't tell.

Right now, in this convo, we're all fans.

I step back a lot in the forums (i never used to step back at all) because my pro-writer status gives some of my comments more weight in the minds of some but, right now, we're all just in the audience and I'm no bigger or smaller than any other fan. I have my own ideas about what makes a good Black Panther and they have nothing to do with gadgets or BP and Wakanda kicking the s**t out of everybody they meet. That is not only boring to me, it's weak, writing-wise.

We disagree on what makes the Panther interesting.

So, if I ever get to drive the 616 Panther, it's probably a good bet that you will not like my version there, even if it's nothing like BPQ (and it wouldn't be like BPQ). When I work as a writer, we are not in a conversation. I'm not trying to "convince" you of anything or "prove myself" in any way. I'm telling a story. That's it. Either you like it or you don't. That is also it.

I come up with a story I like. I pitch that story to Company X. If they like it too, they hire me to write it. And then i write it. The way I want, according to my own tastes and the company's notes. If, at some point, the company wants me to, I dunno, make T'Challa white or have him marry his sister or start talking like a Woke American From Detroit, well, that's when i walk away.

Somebody else can do that.

I write T'Challa as a hero as I see heroes. Heroes who just come in and win every fight are boring as f**k. Heroes with a special gadget in their belt that just happens to be able to take out this villain they've never met before are a joke.

MY T'Challa will make mistakes, he will sometimes fail and he will need assistance from time to time. He has no reason to like or dislike white people as a group. ALL my Wakandans think of ALL non-Wakandans as barbarians. And rightly so. From their POV Wakanda is the only example of civilization that exists on Earth. MY heroes take hits that they feel, they carry every loss. They don't pose. They don't gloat. They are heroes. And, yes, some of my heroes die. If you don't like that, you will not like my super-heroes because they will never be anything other than that.

I built T'Challa's Rogues Gallery for the show the way I wanted. I modified and selected them from what was available and did what I wanted with them. I remade Zanda the way I wanted. I invented Yemandi out of whole cloth because I wanted to.

Because that's what writers do when they get the chance. We hope MOST in the audience dig it but, if they don't? Oh, well. Moving on. You can't please everyone. Best not to try.

I've been on these boards a long time and a lot of writers won't engage fans when they come at them this way. I'm not that guy.

BPQ was the best version of T'Challa that has appeared on TV thus far, as far as I'm concerned.

But I'd be THRILLED if someone would come in and do something better. I hope they will. I'd LOVE to see that show.

I'm just here for the good stories. That's it.
    Last edited by Redjack; 10-15-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Emma Frost.

The funny thing, for me, is that it was Emma, not BP, that diminished Storm on the X-Men pecking order. Historically, it was Jean, Storm, and Kate who were the main ladies of the franchise. Emma blew up when Grant Morrison elevated Emma from Generation X to X-Men. Even with Chris Claremont writing her, the reign of Frost had begun.

So, it made sense to ship Storm off to the BP. BP found her American family, joined the FF with her, became an Avenger, and had adventures as husband & wife. The time with BP was great for her, imo.

After the Joss Whedon run, Emma & Kate became more a combo than Kitty & Storm.

I honestly don't see Storm ever getting her old clout back. X-writers love snow-bunnies. Emma used to be Storm's arch-rival, not named Callisto.

It's hilarious that Emma bed-hopping with Cyclops proved more lucrative than Storm bed-hopping with Wolverine.

It would be funny as hell to see Emma & BP bond in some form, or fashion.

Unless the MCU cleans this mess up, I hope BP does a little self-introspection, and find his inner Nino Brown.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of which, I would like to see a Wakanda home-grown super team, outside of Vibraxas. I like to think Wakanda might have a few mutants, Inhumans, mutates (science experiments gone wrong), Eternals, etc. Earth has so many off-shoots of humanity.

Such a team would work given T'Challa's history of secrecy.

Also, it would make sense if black super beings around the world reached out to T'Challa, and received some sort of asylum.

It is canon that BP is Sam Wilson's armorer. Luke Cage would put in any work for BP on the drop of a dime. Monica got starry eyed when BP gave her a pep talk. It was discussed how BP is Sync's favorite hero. I'm waiting for the story where James Rhodes gets armor from T'Challa. I'm waiting for Night Thrasher to meet up with BP. I don't know if Rage is still alive, but it would have made sense if he went to Wakanda after the turmoil experienced in America.

T'Challa is not only the king of the most technologically advanced nation, but has the ear of over a dozen black super beings.

Why no one thought of a story where black mutants would seek asylum with T'Challa instead of Charles Xavier is beyond me.

Imagine the world leaders, particularly Doom, having a panic attack after discovering that a small, but powerful, group of black super-beings became Wakandan citizens.

I'm sure other fans have thought of this, too.