Page 723 of 750 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's almost as if... Everyone is still grieving and reeling from the shock of Chadwicks passing.so everything people are seeing and the actions and reactions are based on still raw emotions behind it.

For the record, I wasn't saying that Coogler is turning his film into a Tyler Perry film. I was specifically commenting on TP movies themselves and how those are damaging to black folks but have become a standard when it comes to black movies
    I wasn't specifically addressing you, so there's no issue.

But there has to come a time when we step back and realise that we're being insensitive, even if we're coming from a right place.

Why are we even talking about black dysfunction? What does that have to do with Coogler's Black Panther? None of his films have ever been about that so why is it being brought up at all? Are we seriously thinking that the guy that made Fruitvale Station and Creed is seriously gonna turn into a Tyler Perry because of the choice Marvel has made? A choice that might have even been his or his alone?

I'm starting to feel like some of us had petty issues with Coogler from day one and are now using this extremely unfortunate situation to make those petty issues seem larger than they really are.

I'm not saying you have to like Black Panther II, support it or that you're not allowed to boycott it. But the reasoning is starting to get ridiculous.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I'll say this, Black Panther is a very good film and it most certainly was a game changer for black talent. However, I personally feel it could have been better in some areas. From the characterization of T'Challa to some of the action set pieces and fight choreography but overall it's definitely a good film. What Coogler achieved is nothing short of remarkable.

That being said, no T'Challa in BP2 is unacceptable to me. I'm not going to campaign and rally others not to see it but on the principle of no T'Challa means I will not be watching it. For the sake of the BP brand and a majority black cast that have become fan favourites, I hope the film does well and people enjoy it but a BP film without T'Challa is an uncompromising deal-breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I wasn't specifically addressing you, so there's no issue.

But there has to come a time when we step back and realise that we're being insensitive, even if we're coming from a right place.

Why are we even talking about black dysfunction? What does that have to do with Coogler's Black Panther? None of his films have ever been about that so why is it being brought up at all? Are we seriously thinking that the guy that made Fruitvale Station and Creed is seriously gonna turn into a Tyler Perry because of the choice Marvel has made? A choice that might have even been his or his alone?

I'm starting to feel like some of us had petty issues with Coogler from day one and are now using this extremely unfortunate situation to make those petty issues seem larger than they really are.

I'm not saying you have to like Black Panther II, support it or that you're not allowed to boycott it. But the reasoning is starting to get ridiculous.
    I don't think Coogler is doing that, i have been defending him since day one. Even if he did choose This I still see it based on emotions and not base don a logical continuation of T'Challas story that Chad worked so hard on. There are some who had issues since day one and I don't agree with that. I do believe in Disney greed and that I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't other reasons behind the announcement.

That being said, heres a quote I made from the HEF that I want to throw out to y'all

If Feige and Disney are SO genuine on paying respect to Chadwick and that no one can be HIS version of T'Challa, so be it let his T'Challa go in a blaze of glory... However, than they use use the multiverse and bring in a different version of T'Challa recasted, they could even go with a more comic accurate Version (with some changes of needed) for instance, on this version, T'Chaka not N'jobu dies early. Klaw steals vibranium and when he sets off the explosions at the border T'Chaka was there and blown up and perished when chasing him.

N'jobu becomes BP and T'Challa does not have a sister but is close to N'Jadaka and they grow up as brother's pretty much, T'Challa takes on the Wakandan design group and N'Jadaka takes on war dog missions. T'Challa sees how Wakandan tech can help the world and N'Jadaka becomes radicalized seeing Wakanda tech as a way to liberate Black people. T'Challa challenges for the thrown and takes it, N'Jadaka now going as "Erik Stevens" challenges him saying they should help by using their advancements to change the power dynamic while T'Challa wants to use their advancements to help and open outreach centers.

That's where their ideals clash and T'Challa is the process of changing Wakanda, multiverse stuff happens and this T'Challa gets pulled to this MCU verse. Meets Shuri and co etc and learns what this version of T'Challa was trying to accomplish and wants to see the change he was trying to make here while eventually wanting to go back to his universe (Which could happen at the end of his story to pass the mantle to Shuri of they really wanted to do that)

Pays respect to Chad's version, brings T'Challa back, allows for a More comic version and an interesting story to play out because this version wants the same thing and allows an "exit" at the end of his story for the mantle pass if they want to go that route

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

"I've come to talk with you again."

Everybody has a strong opinion on what they want. No big deal. Nobodies gonna cry about it. We all want the best situation for BP.

No matter what happens, we suck it up and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't think Coogler is doing that, i have been defending him since day one. Even if he did choose This I still see it based on emotions and not base don a logical continuation of T'Challas story that Chad worked so hard on. There are some who had issues since day one and I don't agree with that. I do believe in Disney greed and that I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't other reasons behind the announcement.

That being said, heres a quote I made from the HEF that I want to throw out to y'all

If Feige and Disney are SO genuine on paying respect to Chadwick and that no one can be HIS version of T'Challa, so be it let his T'Challa go in a blaze of glory... However, than they use use the multiverse and bring in a different version of T'Challa recasted, they could even go with a more comic accurate Version (with some changes of needed) for instance, on this version, T'Chaka not N'jobu dies early. Klaw steals vibranium and when he sets off the explosions at the border T'Chaka was there and blown up and perished when chasing him.

N'jobu becomes BP and T'Challa does not have a sister but is close to N'Jadaka and they grow up as brother's pretty much, T'Challa takes on the Wakandan design group and N'Jadaka takes on war dog missions. T'Challa sees how Wakandan tech can help the world and N'Jadaka becomes radicalized seeing Wakanda tech as a way to liberate Black people. T'Challa challenges for the thrown and takes it, N'Jadaka now going as "Erik Stevens" challenges him saying they should help by using their advancements to change the power dynamic while T'Challa wants to use their advancements to help and open outreach centers.

That's where their ideals clash and T'Challa is the process of changing Wakanda, multiverse stuff happens and this T'Challa gets pulled to this MCU verse. Meets Shuri and co etc and learns what this version of T'Challa was trying to accomplish and wants to see the change he was trying to make here while eventually wanting to go back to his universe (Which could happen at the end of his story to pass the mantle to Shuri of they really wanted to do that)

Pays respect to Chad's version, brings T'Challa back, allows for a More comic version and an interesting story to play out because this version wants the same thing and allows an "exit" at the end of his story for the mantle pass if they want to go that route
    I posted earlier about this. Last this movie be the swan song for the Chadwick version of BP. Use the multiverse movies to pull another version of BP to take over.

I'm even gonna use a Coates plot point. T'Challa is missing presumed dead and Shuri takes over. But T'Challa's not dead, he's been trapped in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. We can get a movie out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I posted earlier about this. Last this movie be the swan song for the Chadwick version of BP. Use the multiverse movies to pull another version of BP to take over.

I'm even gonna use a Coates plot point. T'Challa is missing presumed dead and Shuri takes over. But T'Challa's not dead, he's been trapped in the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. We can get a movie out of that.
    Well of they don't want to recast T'Chadwick then let him go in a blaze and bring in multiverse T'Challa with a more Priest/Hudlin slant to him. That also allows the chance to make him a super genius clear cut, as he developed his tech (can even aff on the energy daggers, looking like the mandalorian darksaber Moff Gideon is wielding) to add his own spin to his tech while showing he and Shuri have similar ideas with tech despite them being from two different universe's. There's so many ways to integrate comic T'Challa into the MCU while being able to keep a similar origin story to BP one for T'Challa and giving him that world view

Thanks for this lil beam of sunshine on this dreary, gray day! Lol, appreciate you bro.

I'm still voting for M'baku as Black Panther. Winston's a great actor, and he could have a nifty arc.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm still voting for M'baku as Black Panther. Winston's a great actor, and he could have a nifty arc.

Did y'all forget the movie lol? Only thing worse than no T'challa is completely rewriting characters with motivations that make no sense.

M'baku doesn't even worship the right god to be "Black Panther" and had no problem shoving Hanuman right in the face to Bast's champion lol

And y'all want him in kitty cat clothes?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-17-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

M'baku doesn't even worship the right god to be "Black Panther" and had no problem shoving Hanuman right in the face to Bast's champion lol

And y'all want him in kitty cat clothes?
    That's _exactly_ why I want him in the role, yes. Especially if the HSH is out of the picture. Anyone else, whether it be Shuri, W'kabi, Okoye, or even a resurrected Killmonger, would be in a position where they'd be seen as merely "the next Black Panther". Same suit, different dude(ette).

But M'Baku, with his traditionalist ways, anti-tech opinions and semi-heretical beliefs, would have a lot more to deal with than "can I live up to T'Challa's image?"

Incredible Member

I think that would ruin M'Baku. He needs to be the M'Baku we all need him to be.

Not impossible, but it would take a heck of a character arc to get him from point A to point B.

I do like the fact that he would be very very different from Tchalla. Not trying to be Boseman or Tchalla probably makes the transition easier.

Remember that border tribesmen that was about halfway up the wall in the waterfall fight. You know the one with the colorful robe. Let's make him the New Black Panther! Marvel's going to make money anyway.

Border Tribesman #32 the new Black Panther.

This is exactly why I don't have any interest in this franchise anymore. Outside of recasting Tchalla ( be it through that or a different universe) every idea that they are going to come up with will be just as ridiculous.
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-17-2020 at 02:00 PM.