Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
I don't think that's true right now, though. They've recently referenced that Wakanda is doing great. The problems of the first arc seem to be in the past.

The lack of attention to continuity bugs me. I wish they at least made a reference to T'Challa having been in space to set the Avengers stuff ahead of it. I know most people dislike this run, but Marvel's shared continuity is part of what makes it special and I wish some effort was made to reconcile it. Besides, I'm pretty sure Ewing referenced Coates run at one point so it's not easy to just pretend the whole thing is out of continuity.
I actually appreciate the timeline of events. S1 wraps with T’Challa seeking Ororo out and she’s wearing her costume from IvX. She was leading the X-men at the time. That lets us know they rekindled things before she was betrayed by Emma and ultimately stepped down.

We know there’s definitely some time that passed between the end of season 1 and the start of season 2. Ororo goes from Mohawk to full head of hair. They were rebuilding their lives separately and as a couple. Their renewed relationship and the bulk of Coates’ run is documented by the uptick in Storm’s trajectory. He major titles she’s been part of have all referenced her connection to Wakanda in some way. X-men Red, HOX/POX, Marauders and now Hickman’s X-men all implicate narrative cohesion with Storm’s life alongside T’Challa in Wakanda. The timeline isn’t hard to extrapolate. I just don’t think his space adventure was meant to take up that much time. That certainly doesn’t denote other writers ignoring his run entirely. There’s actually ample proof to the contrary.