Page 557 of 750 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thst whole thing with Faust was stupid and a complete ass pull. What should of happened was Wakanda should of faced off against Hydra Cap and america and it turn into the beacon to start the final fight. What we got was really stupid and was a contrived mess
    Not a complete @$$ pull as Faustus established earlier in the story that he was capable of mind controlling entire armies with SHIELD. But yes, Hydra won with a sort of plot device as opposed to straight up overpowering the Wakandan army.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not a complete @$$ pull as Faustus established earlier in the story that he was capable of mind controlling entire armies with SHIELD. But yes, Hydra won with a sort of plot device as opposed to straight up overpowering the Wakandan army.
    Oh yes "I can use this power to control an entire army.. but I can only do it once" complete ass pull.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    X office gotta milk that drama. If they do AvX vol II which is where they look like their headed, then they gotta take attacks on Wakanda off the table. The majority of the events in the last 6+ years have featured an attack on Wakanda and most if not all showed a Wakanda not displaying it's full might.

AvX -attack on Wakanda
    TRO -attack on Wakanda
    Secret Empire - attack on Wakanda
    Empyre - attack on Wakanda

They pretty much have Worfed Wakanda. Show how bad someone(s) is by attacking Wakanda. But don't portray Wakanda as the badass is it(SWad anyone?) but nerf it just enough. Some writer will have BP start spouting some lines about how fierce Wakandan is and the next they you know, shields are down, invaders breaking through, a few Hataute Zeraze show up with ineffective weapons and Wakanda left picking up the pieces.

Next writer shows turmoil in Wakanda as they blame BP(again) for whatever happened. Storm shows up feeling guilty about what happened and wanting to help.

Then this whole broken relationship cycle starts all over again. Someone please get BP a better editor that wants to protect the franchise.
    And what's funnier is that the way future interactions are set up, it's mostly if not entirely T'Challa's fault if things go sour lol. He chose to let Storm steal Skybreaker, meaning he likely has another revolt coming his way. If he screws up, which we all know he will, there's gonna be ramifications on mutantkind because there has to a justification for Krakoa to get involved.

Mutants in the protectorates start getting killed, someone temporarily overthrows him and attacks the X-Men, pick your poison. When Krakoa gets involved and there's some big conflict it falls at T'Challa's feet for being a weak king who let a threat to Krakoa fester in his own kingdom.

Then it goes as you said. The next 2-3 arcs of BP are moral handwringing about T'Challa's ineptitude and Storm waltz in for some make-up sex only to repeat the cycle in 2-3 years. T'Challa is subjected to this because Storm has virtually no lore of her own and BP is the perfect vehicle from which to draw material. How much you wanna bet the reason they're pushing back his solo is partly because the X-office plans on exploiting him to Storm's benefit? She's got a big story coming in 2021 and I find it hard to believe he won't be involved in a major way.

Writers also don't have an growth mindset when it comes to the BP mythos, which is why in 2018 we were still getting references to Namor and we got a revolt that lasted 12 issues over **** that happened back in 2011. Marvel doesn't have any top-level creators interested in writing a solo to build upon T'Challa and his world, only writers partially interested in him who are always looking backwards and trying to push pet characters.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-11-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And what's funnier is that the way future interactions are set up, it's mostly if not entirely T'Challa's fault if things go sour lol. He chose to let Storm take Skybreaker, meaning he likely has another revolt coming his way. If he screws up, which we all know he will, there's gonna be ramifications on mutantkind because there has to a justification for Krakoa to get involved.

Mutants in the protectorates start getting killed, someone temporarily overthrows him and attacks the X-Men, pick your poison. When Krakoa gets involved and there's some big conflict it falls at T'Challa's feet for being a weak king who let a threat to Krakoa fester in his own kingdom.

Then it goes as you said. The next 2-3 arcs of BP are moral handwringing about T'Challa's ineptitude and Storm waltz in for some make-up sex only to repeat the cycle in 2-3 years. T'Challa is subjected to this because Storm has virtually no lore of her own and BP is the perfect vehicle from which to draw material. How much you wanna bet the reason they're pushing back his solo is partly because the X-office plans on exploiting him to Storm's benefit? She's got a big story coming in 2021 and I find it hard to believe he won't be involved in a major way.

Writers also don't have an growth mindset when it comes to the BP mythos, which is why in 2018 we were still getting references to Namor and we got a revolt that lasted 12 issues over **** that happened back in 2011. Marvel doesn't have any top-level creators interested in writing a solo to build upon T'Challa and his world, only writers partially interested in him who are always looking backwards and trying to push pet characters.
    Correction: Marvel isn't listening to the top-level creator who wants to push BP and Wakanda beyond the insipid limitations that they keep imposing on them.

Name? Redjack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Oh yes "I can use this power to control an entire army.. but I can only do it once" complete ass pull.
    Twice. He did it with SHIELD at the start of the story, and did it with Wakanda later. It's an upgrade, but they showed he was capable of doing it prior to doing it in Wakanda.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Since TRO (Time Runs Out) was brought up as one of the numerous recent slights committed against Wakanda by Marvel Comics (editorially speaking), I'd just like to throw in that my interpretation of the in-universe international community willfully throwing Wakanda to the wolves, i.e. Thanos's Cabal, in exchange for protection against the Incursions was frankly, they saw what they thought was an opportunity to finally knock Wakanda down more than a few pegs out of longstanding spite, envy, and resentment for Wakanda's technological superiority and gladly took it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

For a Black Panther appreciation poster you do a lot of mental gymnastics in favor of the every entity and agency against Black Panther world. You like to formulate narratives that almost always are diametrically opposed to BP and Wakandan universe.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    For a Black Panther appreciation poster you do a lot of mental gymnastics in favor of the every entity and agency against Black Panther world. You like to formulate narratives that almost always are diametrically opposed to BP and Wakandan universe.
    Pac has been a consumate devils advocate on this board for a decade. I do apprentice his opinions though.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm simply not opposed to the good guys occassionally getting their butt kicked by the bad guys. And I'll say that for not only BP but comic heroes in general. If the bad guys can't beat the goog guys, especially in an event story, then it's probably not a story worth telling.

Since good guys at the end of the story are guaranteed to win 99.99% of the time anyways, you might as well give the bad guys a few actual wins building up to that so the story isn't a complete waste of time.

In Secret Empire Hydra was beating pretty much everybody ... and they needed to do that for the story to actually progress. Wakanda included. That's just how stories work.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Since TRO (Time Runs Out) was brought up as one of the numerous recent slights committed against Wakanda by Marvel Comics (editorially speaking), I'd just like to throw in that my interpretation of the in-universe international community willfully throwing Wakanda to the wolves, i.e. Thanos's Cabal, in exchange for protection against the Incursions was frankly, they saw what they thought was an opportunity to finally knock Wakanda down more than a few pegs out of longstanding spite, envy, and resentment for Wakanda's technological superiority and gladly took it.
    Perhaps your assessment is correct, but in the end their hypothetical treachery was fruitless.

Twice. He did it with SHIELD at the start of the story, and did it with Wakanda later. It's an upgrade, but they showed he was capable of doing it prior to doing it in Wakanda.
    Not the same thing at all. For shield his voice was being played through a radio and it was one helicarrier. Later on he does it to an entire army, no radio frequency at all. Not the same. The first one makes sense with shield. The second is an obvious ass pull

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Regardless of how many times he did it, controlling armies (dead or alive) is such a lame power for T'Challa to have.

He needs to be less Spiritual African Necromancer Guy and more Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Regardless of how many times he did it, controlling armies (dead or alive) is such a lame power for T'Challa to have.

He needs to be less Spiritual African Necromancer Guy and more Black Panther.
    The conversation was actually about Faustus and his BS mind control of the Wakandan army, which was completely different then what he did to shield, which is what Makes it an ass pull

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Some preliminary BP artwork. Still in the development stages

This is from the cover of PP:SS #298
    Attachment 101349

This is my first attempt at doing my own original BP drawing
    Attachment 101350

Both look a little fuzzy in the pic. Adding more details and hope to get them done soon.
    Too cool.....

So I want to ask you guys you're opinion, I have been thinking of drawing the HZ, The DM, and the standard Wakandan military personnel and want to give them each customized gear this is what I have so far:

Hatut Zeraze
    - Tactical medium vibranium plating with cloaking tech
    - Full arms (Hickmans boxing gloves) power "gun" gauntlets (can switch from long range firing mode to CQC seemlessly)
    - Energy grenades (Hickman's grenades)
    - kimoyo goggles (does everything kimoyo beads do)

Dora Milaje
    - Dual vibranium transforming blades (changes from short spears to any bladed weapon with a simple thought) with "shooting" energy blade attachment for close to medium range combat
    - Energy dampening boots
    - Light vibranium plating with light shield attachment (Hickmans) for close and medium range protection (of Royal family/allies)
    - Kimoyo beads

Wakandan soldier
    - Adjustable vibranium sonic spear (MCU)
    - Heavy Vibranium plating
    - Adjustable transforming vibranium shield (from wrist mounted to full body shield) with spare sonic spears attached
    - Kimoyo beads

This is the rough idea each one would have a few more details added/fleshed out but this is the basic standard tech for each of them.

Thoughts?