Page 728 of 750 FirstFirst ... 228628678718724725726727728729730731732738 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 11243
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/marvel-reca...redirect=false

Up to 1800 sigs. Nice to atleast read about what Tchalla means to some ppl
    Hm interesting.

I was under the impression that people did not want him to be recast.

King in Black is going to make you happy.

but then y'all gonna be madddddddddd.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think you make a good point about using younger actors if they wanna go the live action route and place the series in the MCU. But imo an animated series gives them a bit more freedom to take T'Challa's character in a new direction and perhaps do their own slightly different take on Wakanda, unencumbered by what may end up adapted onto the big screen. But I admit either direction works if they want to tell T'Challa-centric stories despite not being in the main MCU timeline.

If Disney's not gonna continue the story of MCU T'Challa (which is a massive mistake as most here seem to agree) then I hope they give fans of the character a consolation in the form of a D+ series or something. No reason the character should be left on the shelf for a decade or more, with no major appearances in other mediums besides comics. Give the man a cartoon, prequel show, a video game, something to show that while the MCU version's journey has ended there are still more stories to tell with T'Challa as the lead. I doubt they do that, but a fan can dream lol.
    I see the pros and cons of both:
    Pros of live action:
    -T'Challa is shown in the MCU and can explore his early development into the role of BP as well as his character traits explored.
    -Showcase his super genius without conflict of Shuri
    -Show the deeper aspects of his and Nakias relationship as well as Okoye and W'kabi. Ontop of explore the bro ship of T'Challa and W'kabi.
    -Explore villains that aren't likely showing up in the MCU (like the supremacists could be good for this, especially in the climate despite this being in the past)
    -T'Challas presence is still in the MCU despite not in the movies.

Cons

-Potential movies characters may have to show up
    -Restricted in what it can explore
    -Budget
    - T'Challa can only develop so far
    - extremely limited/no cross over potential

The animated version COULD potentially continue the MCU by doing the time in between BP and IW but I feel it's still pretty limiting. It could end it's series when the snap occurs but that would also be in bad taste too. Either way, Disney would be wise to keep T'Challas presence in the MCU in some form that's not just mentioning his name

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Man I'm already mad it's just a one shot and not a 3 part like SWaD lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is, T'Challa was already more forward thinking before the movie even dropped. He had Bucky there, he had let Cap and co hide out there for a time after CW. Remember when he asked his father how to be a good King like him and he told him to surround yourself with people he trust's? That's what he did. Notice when he talks to people about their thoughts for Wakanda he comes from both sides. Nakia wants to open up, T'Challa questions are they able to without losing themselves. W'kabi wants to go clean the world and T'Challa reminds him they are not conquerors. T'Challa decides to bring Ross to Wakanda and corrects Okoye for her thoughts Against it. And it's when he changes when he learns what his father died, to their own people is where he really starts his own path to help. It wasn't just Nakia (though she had played a role in that.

I don't know if there's as many who believe anyone can be BP plus that line of thinking is flawed. We saw ad much in the movie when everyone balked at the idea of actually taking the mantle. Shuri wasn't even apart of the conversation. M'Baku, who after T'Challa was the most likely candidate, knew that he didn't want that and he wasn't suited for it.

Plus again as I said, they are ignoring that BP isn't just done random hero. T'Challa specifically is the best Wakandan there is and they are ignoring how much history is behind his character all to try and check off an arbitrary diversity check box real failing to realize that the franchise is already far ahead of the curve in terms of representation for black men and women and did it right by not piting them Against one another like movies and tv constantly try to do.

Anyone can challenge for the mantle... But not anyone CAN be the black panther. The characters were only dynamic when they interacted with T'Challa, that's when they were there best selves. Otherwise they were pretty standard in their niche role. With Nakia being a bit more dynamic as a LI should be.

I hope you don't miss the irony of your last statement. Marvel believes one is enough. Chadwick was fighting to break this mindset of only one Black person can occupy a space. How does marvel honor this trailblazing mindset?...
    I agree in that T'Challa was foward thinking in Civil War. That T'Challa was closer to comic book T'Challa. The line he says to Cap in the vehicle, "Warrior to warrior, . . . " had me thinking, "This is T'Challa as a warrior." Calm and ignoring the juvenile quip from Sam and just telling Cap that he cannot protect Barnes from him. He is calm and in total control of his anger.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is, T'Challa was already more forward thinking before the movie even dropped. He had Bucky there, he had let Cap and co hide out there for a time after CW. Remember when he asked his father how to be a good King like him and he told him to surround yourself with people he trust's? That's what he did. Notice when he talks to people about their thoughts for Wakanda he comes from both sides. Nakia wants to open up, T'Challa questions are they able to without losing themselves. W'kabi wants to go clean the world and T'Challa reminds him they are not conquerors. T'Challa decides to bring Ross to Wakanda and corrects Okoye for her thoughts Against it. And it's when he changes when he learns what his father died, to their own people is where he really starts his own path to help. It wasn't just Nakia (though she had played a role in that.

I don't know if there's as many who believe anyone can be BP plus that line of thinking is flawed. We saw ad much in the movie when everyone balked at the idea of actually taking the mantle. Shuri wasn't even apart of the conversation. M'Baku, who after T'Challa was the most likely candidate, knew that he didn't want that and he wasn't suited for it.

Plus again as I said, they are ignoring that BP isn't just done random hero. T'Challa specifically is the best Wakandan there is and they are ignoring how much history is behind his character all to try and check off an arbitrary diversity check box real failing to realize that the franchise is already far ahead of the curve in terms of representation for black men and women and did it right by not piting them Against one another like movies and tv constantly try to do.

Anyone can challenge for the mantle... But not anyone CAN be the black panther. The characters were only dynamic when they interacted with T'Challa, that's when they were there best selves. Otherwise they were pretty standard in their niche role. With Nakia being a bit more dynamic as a LI should be.

I hope you don't miss the irony of your last statement. Marvel believes one is enough. Chadwick was fighting to break this mindset of only one Black person can occupy a space. How does marvel honor this trailblazing mindset?...
    This deleted scene shows T'Challa two steps ahead of Widow. T'Challa lets her know that he knows she is psychologically assessing him and he shows her that he is better at this game than she is. Too bad this scene is not in the released film.

I think one of the issue with T'Challa characterization in the BP movie is that Coogler and his co-writer spend so much of the script world building Wakanda. Many times is writing when you place a lot of focus on world building, you have to sacrifice character development of the hero character. They essentially made the world and the characters around T'Challa so interesting that now so many of the movie fans think that it is okay to honor Boseman by not recasting the character. I have seen so many write that the world of wakanda is so rich and full that you can pass the mantle to another. I think that if the writers had truly adored the character of T'Challa in the film and wrote him as the center of story instead of a cypher for Wakanda, more and more people would be clamoring and wanting more T'Challa stories. It is interesting that in the various social media platforms(Facebook, twitter, instagram), the people I have seen posting about wanting T'Challa recast have been mostly Black men. I have not personally seen any women clamoring for it. But I have seen countless women of all races wanting to see Shuri, Nakia or Okoye take the mantle. I find that really, really interesting.

Mighty Member

"Full Tchalla" doesn't play second fiddle to his little sister when it comes to intelligence
    They could written them as both being geniuses. That would have easily worked and displayed the sibling rivalry in showing Shuri always wanting to upstage T'Challa technological achievements. We could have gotten more that one line of him designing one suit. I do not mind it if Shuri is better at designing tech as that is her one focus in the film. I just wanted to SEE T'Challa as a genius.

Mighty Member

MAD? That has me a bit nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    This deleted scene shows T'Challa two steps ahead of Widow. T'Challa lets her know that he knows she is psychologically assessing him and he shows her that he is better at this game than she is. Too bad this scene is not in the released film.

I think one of the issue with T'Challa characterization in the BP movie is that Coogler and his co-writer spend so much of the script world building Wakanda. Many times is writing when you place a lot of focus on world building, you have to sacrifice character development of the hero character. They essentially made the world and the characters around T'Challa so interesting that now so many of the movie fans think that it is okay to honor Boseman by not recasting the character. I have seen so many write that the world of wakanda is so rich and full that you can pass the mantle to another. I think that if the writers had truly adored the character of T'Challa in the film and wrote him as the center of story instead of a cypher for Wakanda, more and more people would be clamoring and wanting more T'Challa stories. It is interesting that in the various social media platforms(Facebook, twitter, instagram), the people I have seen posting about wanting T'Challa recast have been mostly Black men. I have not personally seen any women clamoring for it. But I have seen countless women of all races wanting to see Shuri, Nakia or Okoye take the mantle. I find that really, really interesting.
    Ima say the same thing I said in a different thread

Thinking about it More, especially with the latest article about Chadwick signing up for BP 3.. Honestly, I don't think it would of mattered if T'Challa was more of the focus or not i still think Marvel would of made T'Challa the exception and still refused the recast. It happens far too often with black male leads being pushed out for female characters to take over. It's all about comfort and having a powerful Black male like T'Challa is always a threat. Having them replaced or sidekick's or shown getting trounced makes people feel "Safe". Like how in CW, the only two characters who got knocked clean out were Rhodey and Sam?

I see this unfortunately as this. The tragedy of Chad passing is open season for T'Challa to get railroaded by agendas and the like. This would be the case even if all the supporting cast stood around and did nothing. The fact that he has a sister at all and comics shown her take the throne is all the ammunition they need

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    As much as I like a young T’Challa D+ show I don’t see it happening if only because you’d have to bring back the original supporting cast in some capacity. He’d probably be dating Nakia, getting to know Okoye, being best friends with W’Kabi, etc. What they should do is a big budget BP animated series in the vein of Castlevania (without all the blood and gore).

Something that gives us a comic accurate version of T’Challa in its own universe that can shine the light on him even if someone else will bear the mantle in live action. Disney would benefit (prestige-wise as opposed to financially admittedly) from building up its animated corner and a BP animated show has lots of potential, as Redjack demonstrated.
    I think it's less likely to get a young T'Challa show, because it probably will be harder for it to connect with everything else the MCU is doing.

I believe (perhaps wrongly) that all the shows and movies are sort of working together and building towards some sort of larger narrative. WandaVision for example will likely connect to Dr. Strange, and I think several things are building towards some version of the Young Avengers. They're not putting out shows just for the sake of putting out content... they're building blocks to something greater. And I think it would be harder (though not impossible) to connect a young T"Challa show with everything else that's going on in the MCU. It has the potential to just be this outlyer.

The issue doesn't have to be that complicated. If they ever REALLY want to use T'Challa again, they can simply recast him. Noting is stopping them, apart from their desire to. It's simply a matter of the creative direction Coogler and Fiege want to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's less likely to get a young T'Challa show, because it probably will be harder for it to connect with everything else the MCU is doing.

I believe (perhaps wrongly) that all the shows and movies are sort of working together and building towards some sort of larger narrative. WandaVision for example will likely connect to Dr. Strange, and I think several things are building towards some version of the Young Avengers. They're not putting out shows just for the sake of putting out content... they're building blocks to something greater. And I think it would be harder (though not impossible) to connect a young T"Challa show with everything else that's going on in the MCU. It has the potential to just be this outlyer.

The issue doesn't have to be that complicated. If they ever REALLY want to use T'Challa again, they can simply recast him. Noting is stopping them, apart from their desire to. It's simply a matter of the creative direction Coogler and Fiege want to go in.
    Yeah and that's fine if they decide not to recast him.. just show T'Challa somewhere else in the MCU. Why should us fans be robbed of T'Challa and his stories because people think there's no possible way for anyone to succeed Chadwick? They already had plans for him to be in BP 3. But they completely cancelled that. Let us fans see T'Challa somewhere else in the MCU until we get a reboot. T'Challa shouldn't become a footnote in his own franchise. Shockingly there's a huge amount of people who can to the series to see T'Challas stories play out

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Hm interesting.

I was under the impression that people did not want him to be recast.
    Easy to get when those petitions and websites were calling for it literally four days after the man died. As time goes on more and more people I going to be louder about recasting since that's the more disrespectful sentiment to immediately jump to

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Yea a live action BP D+ series set in the MCU is gonna have a bunch of constraints and difficulties, which we've discussed a bit. Hence my preference for an animated series that can exist independent of the movie continuity and be it's own thing. Unlikely given how even Disney's Marvel animated properties try to line up with the movies, but speaking as someone who REALLY wants T'Challa I'm down for anything.

Because there is certainly the possibility that they truly decide to remove T'Challa until the inevitable MCU reboot in many years, meaning the character wouldn't be leading in any projects save maybe the comics. So I'd settle for an animated project (however unlikely) that gives us a comic accurate version of T'Challa so fans who won't get to see the character in live action can see him in a medium other than comics.

Yeah, mad because it's not an ongoing solo.

Easy to get when those petitions and websites were calling for it literally four days after the man died. As time goes on more and more people I going to be louder about recasting since that's the more disrespectful sentiment to immediately jump to
    Four days? Try 1 hour after.