Page 77 of 750 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 11243
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Shuri staying behind was stupid.

The fact that she is queen means she has an obligation to protect those those who are still alive. She can't do anything for them dead. If thats what it means to be a queen then Wakanda didn't need a queen ... it needed a hero. And it got one with Tchalla, who didn't just throw his life away needlessly but instead fight to both protect those still alive and restore those who perished. They didn't need someone to die for them as that accomplishes nothing .... they needed someone to live for them. If Shuri just goes off and kills herself when things get tough then its a good thing she stepped aside and allowed Tchalla to do the job. But I still feel that was bad character assassination.
    When it comes down to it, the entire hero community suffered character assassination. The ones who blew up worlds, or stood aside as Wakanda was conquered and slaughtered.

Hickman wrote an epic that just ran roughshod over characterization in favor of hamfisted plot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When it comes down to it, the entire hero community suffered character assassination. The ones who blew up worlds, or stood aside as Wakanda was conquered and slaughtered.

Hickman wrote an epic that just ran roughshod over characterization in favor of hamfisted plot.
    Those at least made sense, even if they were out of character. I can at least potentially buy good people doing questionable things to prevent the universe from ending.

My problem with the Shuri thing was there was no point to it. If she sacrificed her life to buy time for her brother to escape, that would be respectable. But they both easily could have escaped before Proxima caught up to them, so it wasn't that.

If they are going to have her kill herself at least make it matter. Have it count for something. And don't write Tchalla like hes cool with it. He came off just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Considering the fact that as you've admitted, your knowledge of BP lore in its entirety, is sporadic to non-existant, you're the last person who should be passing meaningful commentary on said lore in this thread.

Coates is literally the worst writer bar none of I have ever written anything BP related and the day he's finally gone from the mythos alongside all of his worthless retcons, will be a very good day.

Coates much like any other writer who's taken liberties with the BP mythos over the years, gets called out in the regular in here because he's that bad of a writer.

With the exception of one or at the most, two people posting in this thread, 97% of the readers posting herein, recognise Coates for the wilfully destructive individual that he's been as regards his complete and utter derailment of the BP solo for close to four years now.

But for readers like yourself, he gets high praise for using T'Challa's SOLO book as a platform to elevate Storm, a character that has been rendered irrelevant and without overarching agency over in the X-Verse for so many years post AvX.

An X-Verse which for all intents and purposes has now become quite supremacist to levels rarely before seen outside of Hydra.

To be quite honest, in the aftermath of what's been going on in the X-books as well as X-Men/FF #1, Storm's mutant supremacist self really has no business taking up space within the BP solo or further involvement with the BP mythos moving forward.

It's funny how you personally complain about Storm being written out of character in X-books and then come over here to dismiss the concerns of Black Panther enthusiasts who understand the characters importance and remain thoroughly informed as to his characterization and traits, dating back to his creation in 1966.

We get the BP mythos chapter and verse in here because practically all of us regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or orientation, are genuine appreciators of T'Challa's pedigree as well as the uniqueness of his origins.

We don't need or expect any writer to elevate T'Challa to faux godhood especially in someone else's book or another franchise.

All we require is for T'Challa to he written in character and for his actual supporting cast to equally be portrayed in their pre-Coates derailment agenda, glory.

It's really that simple.

Coates should try pushing that Rape Camp trope over in the X-Verse and see how far he gets with that before being shut down with the quickness, but according to you, he's written nothing on par with Jerome Dickey's unnecessary retcon of T'Challa and Ororo's teenage years.

How disingenuous.

So in closing, feel free to come in here, praising whomsoever you choose to, in the full knowledge that the actual BP enthusiasts posting in here, are very clear as to what you're doing and why.

Most of us aren't on that goalpost moving, mental gymnastics process of disinformation favoured by a distinct minority of posters in this thread.
    you better say all of this truth
    #wakandaforever

Ultimate Member

For those who might be in Dallas next weekend-O'Riley's Auto Parts is sponsoring the 60th Autorama.
    Guess which comic book hero will be appearing there??? Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you better say all of this truth
    #wakandaforever

you're seriously one of my favorite posters!

just fyi that awful retcon of the underage sex was retconned back to the original storyline so we are all good again.

I just find it so interesting how much coates is taken to task but the things you mentioned (which by the way I haven't read but based on your description is by far worse than anything I've seen said against Coates) isnt mentioned at all? Very odd indeed. Nevertheless, I'm totally aligned with your analysis here.
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. Based solely on what another poster, X-Pac, has said and without you ever reading the stories yourself, you have come to the conclusion that the actions taken in these stories are by far worse than treehouse rape camps, Wakanda being reduced to a a third world country and T'Challa cavorting with dictators and Wakandans killing each other in a civil war.

Ok, nice to know.

And if you were a regular participant in this thread in the past, you would know that every writer who has ever written a BP comic has received criticism, even some of the most revered writers in BP history. And that same poster that you're fond of quoting has been known to contradict himself on occasion.

I have been in the Storm thread and I've seen the same criticisms leveled at writers who didn't portray Storm in the way many of her fans prefer that you seem to have issue with in this thread.

Perhaps it's best if the hypocrisy is left at the door when entering this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Thank you so much for bringing up the Shuri issue as regards her staying behind to battle Proxima Midnight.

She was the Queen of Wakanda at the time.

What else was she supposed to do other than stand with whichever Wakandan defenders were still alive to fight on at that point.

Shuri took a strategic decision to fight a rearguard action long enough to give her brother a chance to retreat and fight the battle on a different field of conflict.

The irony in all of this, is that the same folks criticising Shuri and calling her stupid for standing against Proxima Midnight, would have been the first to call her a coward and failed Queen for abandoning her people to the fate against the alien invaders besieging Wakanda.

It's very easy to engage in rampant misinformation in the absence of logical rebuttals but thankfully there are still some amongst us, who are not about to fold in the face of disingenuousity.

This is the Black Panther Appreciation thread and not some outpost for some folks to sling falsehoods and low key shade to their hearts content.
    Exactly, it's quite interesting how that's considered to be a smear and something inexcusable, yet all of Coates run is apparently okay and not nearly as bad as that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Those at least made sense, even if they were out of character. I can at least potentially buy good people doing questionable things to prevent the universe from ending.

My problem with the Shuri thing was there was no point to it. If she sacrificed her life to buy time for her brother to escape, that would be respectable. But they both easily could have escaped before Proxima caught up to them, so it wasn't that.

If they are going to have her kill herself at least make it matter. Have it count for something. And don't write Tchalla like hes cool with it. He came off just as bad.
    First off T'Challa didn't come of like he was cool with it, he came off like he could see the resolve and pain I. Her eyes and what she steeled herself to do, which was buy him time to escape. Second it's not as though she sat and waited for proxima to show up while sitting on pillows sipping a mimosa. As Soon ad T'Challa left promixa was right there. Wakanda had a ruler which was T'Challa. Shuri felt like she failed her people and died a warrior. If anything, that behavior made a hell of a lot more sense then for instance, T'Challa crying to his dad and screaming like a kid at namor saying he was going to kill him

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It is indeed Fred Perry's Gold Digger, which has been published (more-or-less) continuously under his pen since 1991. The latest issue was #270.

It's probably one of the most insanely complicated universes out there... his editor used to call it a "kudzu plot".

Fred's up there with Dave Sim, Erik Larsen, Stan Sakai, and the team of Mark Evanier & Sergio Aragones... but practically nobody has heard of him.
    Wow that's a deep cut.

I constantly forget that book exists.

However, it exists at the cross roads of Pulp Action, Anime and Talking Animals and some Super hero if I remember correctly.

Genres where if you like one you probably savagely hate at least one of the other prongs.

But the people who do like it like it lots, it seems.

I legit haven't seen anyone even mention that dude since the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    First off T'Challa didn't come of like he was cool with it, he came off like he could see the resolve and pain I. Her eyes and what she steeled herself to do, which was buy him time to escape. Second it's not as though she sat and waited for proxima to show up while sitting on pillows sipping a mimosa. As Soon ad T'Challa left promixa was right there. Wakanda had a ruler which was T'Challa. Shuri felt like she failed her people and died a warrior. If anything, that behavior made a hell of a lot more sense then for instance, T'Challa crying to his dad and screaming like a kid at namor saying he was going to kill him
    He didn't need her to buy him time to escape since he escaped before they got to her. She easily could have escaped with him, resuling in both of them surviving for the remaining Wakandans. Your self admit that Proxima arrived after T'Challa left... which mean she clearly didn't and couldn't stop him from leaving. So why the hell did she need to stay back and buy him time? Your defense makes no sense.

Had Proxima arrived prior to T'Challa leaving, then I could buy Shuri buying T'CHalla time to escape and that would have been just fine. But that's not the story we got.

For all your defense of the scene, imagine if T'CHalla did the same thing and decided to kill himself. Where would Wakanda and the rest of the universe be? What if other heroes acted in the way you're defending here? Dead heroes don't save lives... the living ones do.

And no Shuri's stance didn't make more sense, because Shuri essentially killed herself while T'CHalla did not. For all the crying T'Challa did, he still stepped up and in the end did what he had to do to get the job done. He finished the job rather than quiting when things got tough and leaving it to other people. Those 2 things aren't even close to comparable.
    Last edited by XPac; 02-07-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    EZ, wouldn't it have made sense for the 2 MAs to bring the authorities with them when they went to save the women from the treehouse rape camps so that these officials could actually see what was happening? That was pretty stupid of them.

Seems like that got overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    EZ, wouldn't it have made sense for the 2 MAs to bring the authorities with them when they went to save the women from the treehouse rape camps so that these officials could actually see what was happening? That was pretty stupid of them.

Considering the MA's were wanted criminals by the time they saved the women from the treehouse rape camps, avoiding the autorities kind of does make sense. Most fugitives from the law do that.

They didn't call the cops for the same reason the Punisher doesn't call the cops... they were more interested in putting them in pine boxes than in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Even if they brought them or called to let them know, in Coates' Wakanda the men don't care how the women are treated. They would have just said "nothing to see here". The whole first season rest on the premise that men in Wakanda have a U.S. pre womens' movement mentality. When a police office calls the DM little more that whores vs Gentle not even willing to look at them in the eye from fear of offending them(one of the cool things to come out of Worlds Apart), you can see what the agenda is.

You people are going hard in this thread so here have some humor on me...

Although some of the slaves featured in this video are of Wakandan descent none of them were harmed in the making of this project!

Carry on...
    Get Hectic!

Get Hectic!

Get Hectic!