Page 720 of 750 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is such a bad argument

no one said they were going to cut stuff they've already made and developed.

And no on eis going to change any plans until it is confirmed what coolger is doing in BP2 anyway. Then the synergy starts happening.
    Yes, someone did. That same person tried to say that games that were already out which didnt have him didnt bc of MCU synergy

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except the HSH is gone and T'Challa was the last person to take it... This is why you don't make huge decisions like this without proper grieving time, especially when the movie is still in preproduction time. This isn't the same as say fast and furious where walker passed in the middle of production, this is somewhat similar to Heath even though not really because that happened after the movie dropped.

You give people time to grieve and make choices based on logic and not emotion. Again this isn't a Walker/Brian situation where walker MADE Brian Iconic as the character didn't exist before Walker developed him. This is a Character who's been around for 54 years. He. He has been around since before Chad was born and will be around after all of us are old and grey.

Chadwick brought him to Life on the big screen but he doesn't own him. HE wouldn't want T'Challa to die with him just based on how he has come off about representating people (be is real or fictional) he would want someone to succeed him.. Especially a huge life changing role such as T'Challa. This is a HUGE role. Let that sink in.. Chadwick will always be the OG and GOAT. But just like people were wrong about Sean Connery bond, Michael Keaton Batman, Jack Nicholson Joker, christopher reeves superman, and Tobey Miguire Spiderman... Others can and should be able to take on the role and have the opportunity to further explore the character.

T'CHALLA SHOULD NOT BE THE ORIGIN STORY FOR WAKANDA. Period.
    Honestly I think giving us a movie without Wakanda is doing just that... allowing them to make choices at a later point based on logic over emotion. T'Challa isn't necessarily being recasted or replaced... he's just not in the movie. That allows them to made the decision at a later point, after they had more time to grieve.

Again, no one is saying T'CHalla's dies... they're just saying they're not recasting him for the next movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    . T'Challa isn't necessarily being recasted or replaced... he's just not in the movie. That allows them to made the decision at a later point, after they had more time to grieve.

Again, no one is saying T'CHalla's dies... they're just saying they're not recasting him for the next movie.
    Which is dumb imo because they could have had him in the next movie. If their plan is to bring him back in the 3rd movie then it's an even more stupid idea because then it's just a case of wasting everyone's time.
    MS should have recast the role and not said anything until later next year. Closer to when PP begins. They could have used this time and a few months into the new year to grieve and get the ball rolling with the recasting process. Now, they've pulled a knee-jerk, jumped the gun and are talking crap about exploring characters of Wakanda introduced in the first movie....all in an attempt to "honor" Chadwick. Bullshit!

Astonishing Member

If Disney isn't going to recast out of respect for Boseman I don't see why they wouldn't just kill the character off and make the film about the legacy of T'Challa. There's an extremely heartfelt story in that direction and at this point there'll be more opposition to a future recast if it's a T'Challa from the mainline MCU, so I say kill off Boseman's character and bring in a replacement via the multiverse for BP3.

There's a good chance Disney won't pass up the opportunity to turn BP2 into a virtual memorial for Chadwick and I can stomach that if they can introduce a recast ASAP with as little difficulty as possible. Or they could go the whole Shuri comic route, where T'Challa is missing in deep space or something and Wakanda's losing hope so they install her as a temporary BP until such a time that T'Challa returns. Keeping the hope of T'Challa alive and that he will one day carry the burden of the mantle alongside her. There's some good metacommentary with that kind of story too, but it probably won't be quite as poignant. But frankly I think Boseman's iteration of the character should die with him so we have a blank slate in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Don't you find it interesting that for all the b.s. all about honoring a legacy of Black Panther by going forward with all his supporting characters Feige said there was not one single small screen production that was dedicated to any aspect of Wakanda universe? Even if there are no finished products, Kevin could have at least talked about upcoming projects that involve BP'S world in some way.
    It took Iron Man over 10 years before he got a spinoff that was just announced last week.

It took Cap 5 film roles and exiting the role before Falcon and WS.

I have zero doubt in my mind they are looking towards Wakanda based spinoffs but my guess its that BP 2 as I've said was likely to contain a huge event in its plot that would largely affect the nation as a whole and lay the groundwork for such a series. In fact that's what I'm still expecting to happen.

Id bet money the nation was to be invaded by Atlantis and adapt that storyline which would obviously change things in a dramatic way, potentially introduce mutants as well. Now they've had to rewrite this story due to the main actors passing but chances are that was the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    It took Iron Man over 10 years before he got a spinoff that was just announced last week.

It took Cap 5 film roles and exiting the role before Falcon and WS.

I have zero doubt in my mind they are looking towards Wakanda based spinoffs but my guess its that BP 2 as I've said was likely to contain a huge event in its plot that would largely affect the nation as a whole and lay the groundwork for such a series. In fact that's what I'm still expecting to happen.

Id bet money the nation was to be invaded by Atlantis and adapt that storyline which would obviously change things in a dramatic way, potentially introduce mutants as well. Now they've had to rewrite this story due to the main actors passing but chances are that was the plan.
    Disney plus didn't exist then

MCU wasn't doing TV

This argument doesn't work
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Which is dumb imo because they could have had him in the next movie. If their plan is to bring him back in the 3rd movie then it's an even more stupid idea because then it's just a case of wasting everyone's time.
    MS should have recast the role and not said anything until later next year. Closer to when PP begins. They could have used this time and a few months into the new year to grieve and get the ball rolling with the recasting process. Now, they've pulled a knee-jerk, jumped the gun and are talking crap about exploring characters of Wakanda introduced in the first movie....all in an attempt to "honor" Chadwick. Bullshit!
    It's not a waste of time if the movie r is up being good and succeeds in advancing the story. They still putting out the movie, so they must feel its worth it even without Tchalla.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If Disney isn't going to recast out of respect for Boseman I don't see why they wouldn't just kill the character off and make the film about the legacy of T'Challa. There's an extremely heartfelt story in that direction and at this point there'll be more opposition to a future recast if it's a T'Challa from the mainline MCU, so I say kill off Boseman's character and bring in a replacement via the multiverse for BP3.

There's a good chance Disney won't pass up the opportunity to turn BP2 into a virtual memorial for Chadwick and I can stomach that if they can introduce a recast ASAP with as little difficulty as possible. Or they could go the whole Shuri comic route, where T'Challa is missing in deep space or something and Wakanda's losing hope so they install her as a temporary BP until such a time that T'Challa returns. Keeping the hope of T'Challa alive and that he will one day carry the burden of the mantle alongside her. There's some good metacommentary with that kind of story too, but it probably won't be quite as poignant. But frankly I think Boseman's iteration of the character should die with him so we have a blank slate in the future.
    If they do all that, great. I'm still not going to see BP 2. They're going to develop all of this without the man that made it all possible.

I don't want to see Shuri vs Namor.

I don't want to see SWaD with Shuri as BP.

I don't want to see Enemy of the State with Shuri as BP.

I don't want to see The Client with Shuri as BP.

Call me selfish, petty, whatever. T'Challa should be there. I'll ask a simple question. If Chadwick hadn't died and just said he didn't want to do BP 2, would Marvel have killed him off? Would they have recast?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Disney plus didn't exist then

MCU wasn't doing TV

This argument doesn't work
    Realistically, Marvel should've gotten to work on a Wakanda D+ series the year after the debut film. By the end of 2018 it should've been plainly obvious that the BP IP is a juggernaut franchise that deserves special attention. Even if it wasn't in their plans to work on a spin-off until the end of the trilogy, Disney must've seen the potential for building up the world of Wakanda ASAP.

As there's a very strong argument to be made there's more demand for that than a Hawkeye show. Disney restructured an entire phase when they got Spider-Man. I don't see why they wouldn't restructure the rollout of D+ when BP is by far the biggest franchise that'd be represented on the platform. Even if it was something they couldn't put out for 3-4 years, they should've announced or at least hinted at something being in the pipeline. A project that followed Shuri and Dora or a War Dogs project that followed Nakia and introduced Kasper Cole. Disney dropped the ball not prioritizing BP the second they realized they had a cultural movement on their hands. And from my understanding, they seem to be using D+ to elevate the Captain Marvel franchise with Ms. Marvel and Secret Invasion.

Speaking of Shuri, here’s a rumor regarding her future thanks to her Twitter shenanigans.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2...aled-3_12.html
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If they do all that, great. I'm still not going to see BP 2. They're going to develop all of this without the man that made it all possible.

Call me selfish, petty, whatever. T'Challa should be there. I'll ask a simple question. If Chadwick hadn't died and just said he didn't want to do BP 2, would Marvel have killed him off? Would they have recast?
    I'm just trying to make the most out of what we were given. I fully respect your decision not to watch. What I'm saying is let Boseman's version die with him and bring in a new version in the future so the actor can do their own take. Maybe a more comic accurate version of T'Challa. A version not entirely encumbered by Boseman's iteration so that audiences can accept a recast easier because Disney obviously feels they can't accept a recast so soon.

I agree with everything you said and I wish they didn't make the decision they did but all we have to look forward to now is a future where T'Challa misses out on BP2 but comes back by BP3. If Chadwick quit I'd demand a recast just as much as I demanded one in the wake of his death. And Disney probably would've done that, I think they're decision not to recast is due to the recency and suddenness of his death.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I'd prefer if none of these plots happened at all to be honest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not a waste of time if the movie r is up being good and succeeds in advancing the story. They still putting out the movie, so they must feel its worth it even without Tchalla.

It's a waste of time if they plan on bringing T'Challa back for the 3rd movie. This is about keeping the same energy and logic. Like I've already said, if T'Challa isn't being killed off and they're going to recast, why waste time doing a whole a movie without him? Theyre only just delaying the inevitable which could have been avoided if Disney/Marvel had decided to keep quiet for several more months.

Also, generally speaking how many films get made but turn out to be critical and financial train wrecks and by extention a waste of time? Many. I'm not saying BP2 is going to be s critical flop but I'll bet the farm it won't be doing close to $1.3Billion...even if this was precovid. The fact this film doesn't have T'Challa cast as the lead compromises the film in principle and when this film is released, no matter how good it may be, it's never going to be as good as it could and should.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I'd prefer if none of these plots happened at all to be honest.
    I say use the Coates storylines for Shuri, so that way if T’Challa does come back by the third movie they’ll have nothing but the good stuff for him. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm just trying to make the most out of what we were given. I fully respect your decision not to watch. What I'm saying is let Boseman's version die with him and bring in a new version in the future so the actor can do their own take. Maybe a more comic accurate version of T'Challa. A version not entirely encumbered by Boseman's iteration so that audiences can accept a recast easier because Disney obviously feels they can't accept a recast so soon.

I agree with everything you said and I wish they didn't make the decision they did but all we have to look forward to now is a future where T'Challa misses out on BP2 but comes back by BP3. If Chadwick quit I'd demand a recast just as much as I demanded one in the wake of his death. And Disney probably would've done that, I think they're decision not to recast is due to the recency and suddenness of his death.
    In one of my earlier posts I said that they could recast in a movie post BP 2. I hope that's the case. But until that happens, I'm not watching a BP movie that does not have a live T'Chalal in the habit.