Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
This is no argument brodie. Tchalla is still alive within the mcu, even if it is up to coogler trust me thats not how the cookie crumbles. Just because it's his decision doesn't mean he shouldn't be logical and no i don't consider this a "tough situation" like I said before it's either recast or don't even bother and no shuri does not have the development to be the next bp, sure letita can be bp but not until tchalla story is over period. This isn't up for debate like at all, everyone is aware of Chadwicks passing but if you know how hollywood works then its the next man up and Chadwick (god rest his soul) is not the end all be all. Idk why anyone would be cool with shuri taking the mantle out of nowhere, just because Boseman is gone doesn't mean tchalla is. With that logic the Lakers should've canceled theyre season because of kobe but that's not how it goes. Emotions and feelings are no match for logic, shuri will have her shot WHEN ITS TIME until then if i were coogler i'd just recast. Got until 2022 so thats enough time to get past this grieving process. Let's not be in favor of killing off a character just to uplift a side character, thats a no no plus if i were to bring the comics into the fold Shuri as BP didn't do so well, I'm just super sayin B
The Lakers cancelling their season becaues of Kobe's death is less comparable to Shuri taking over the mantle than it is the "or don't even bother" notion. Just as the season will go on for the Laker, so will the BP movie. It's simply a matter of replacing Kobe postion, the same way they will replace Bosemans... the question being whether they will replace it with Shuri or a new T'Challa or even Killmonger or Kasper Cole. Again, there are options.

As far as whether or not it's up for debate... clearly it is, because here we are. People have been debating about it for quite some time. Even more mainstream media has discussed the matter. So I don't agree the issue is quite as clear cut as you believe it to be. I think there are a lot of people who want different thngs, and I think there are valid reasons for why they think it. Though certainly you may end up being 100% about Coogler wanting to continue telling T'Challa's story... and if that's the case, they'll recast and that will be that. Coogler will do what Coogler wants to do, and the people who don't get their way will simply have to live with it.