Page 719 of 750 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721722723729 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Black Panther Fortnite skin got leaked out.

Amazing how Fortnite has superior designs to the Avengers game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I ain't boycotting it nor am I supporting it.

I just don't care.
    Exactly.

I'm not boycotting Disney... I'm gonna watch Mando Friday. I am not boycotting the MCU, I plan on seeing the movies (thor 4 and shang sounds fire) and I am intrigued by some of the TV shows.

I'm not paying good money to watch something that I won't enjoy and I won't enjoy T'challa-less BP2. The End. Other people can do whatever they enjoy.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I ain't boycotting it nor am I supporting it.

I just don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Exactly.

I'm not boycotting Disney... I'm gonna watch Mando Friday. I am not boycotting the MCU, I plan on seeing the movies (thor 4 and shang sounds fire) and I am intrigued by some of the TV shows.

I'm not paying good money to watch something that I won't enjoy and I won't enjoy T'challa-less BP2. The End. Other people can do whatever they enjoy.
    That's pretty much the message some of us are saying. Anyone that wants to see a BP solo movie that doesn't have T'Challa in it are free to do so. It's their choice. Just like some of us are choosing not to support a movie that doesn't feature T'Challa.

And like MoS said, I'll still be watching shows on Disney+(some good stuff coming out). I just choose not to watch BP2 and I'm not passing any judgement on people who do. It's great that people want to support a big budget movie with a large Black cast. But when the most vital, iconic character of that movie won't be in it, I'll pass.

One thing I was thinking about was Feige saying T'Challa won't be recast for BP2. I think this will be the last movie for this arc and this will be Coogler's last BP movie. This will close the book on the Chadwick era. I think the next movie after will be a reboot/relaunch of the franchise with a new BP and new director.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Don't you find it interesting that for all the b.s. all about honoring a legacy of Black Panther by going forward with all his supporting characters Feige said there was not one single small screen production that was dedicated to any aspect of Wakanda universe? Even if there are no finished products, Kevin could have at least talked about upcoming projects that involve BP'S world in some way.
    I believe one of the What If's involves T'Challa, so that sort of involves the Wakandan universe (even though it sounds like they are taking T'Challa out of it). Boseman did the voice work for What If, so we're at least getting one last performance from him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's pretty much the message some of us are saying. Anyone that wants to see a BP solo movie that doesn't have T'Challa in it are free to do so. It's their choice. Just like some of us are choosing not to support a movie that doesn't feature T'Challa.

And like MoS said, I'll still be watching shows on Disney+(some good stuff coming out). I just choose not to watch BP2 and I'm not passing any judgement on people who do. It's great that people want to support a big budget movie with a large Black cast. But when the most vital, iconic character of that movie won't be in it, I'll pass.

One thing I was thinking about was Feige saying T'Challa won't be recast for BP2. I think this will be the last movie for this arc and this will be Coogler's last BP movie. This will close the book on the Chadwick era. I think the next movie after will be a reboot/relaunch of the franchise with a new BP and new director.
    A reboot/relaunch when though? Some new IPs are being introduced over the next 2 years, which of course they'll interact with the wider MCU to some degree. They're not going to reboot a major and significant franchise in the midst of a still growing MCU. The only way this could work is if the MCU somehow in-universe ends with a Dr.Strange/Wanda/Spider-Man 3 type situation going down in which universes/realities changes/resets and then EVERYTHING is new again. New Iron Man, new Cap, new Hulk, Fantastic 4 are introduced, Deadpol is introduced, new Black Panther/Wakanda...but what is the serious likelihood of this happening? Very little.

The best and by far the easiest route to have taken would have been to recast. They could still have kept the same schedule as it is now but give very little info away and make big announcements, including the recasting of T'Challa closer to when filming actually starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    A reboot/relaunch when though? Some new IPs are being introduced over the next 2 years, which of course they'll interact with the wider MCU to some degree. They're not going to reboot a major and significant franchise in the midst of a still growing MCU. The only way this could work is if the MCU somehow in-universe ends with a Dr.Strange/Wanda/Spider-Man 3 type situation going down in which universes/realities changes/resets and then EVERYTHING is new again. New Iron Man, new Cap, new Hulk, Fantastic 4 are introduced, Deadpol is introduced, new Black Panther/Wakanda...but what is the serious likelihood of this happening? Very little.

The best and by far the easiest route to have taken would have been to recast. They could still have kept the same schedule as it is now but give very little info away and make big announcements, including the recasting of T'Challa closer to when filming actually starts.
    Of course recasting would have been the better option to a lot of us. But it's not happening in BP 2.

There are a couple of Marvel movies and TV shows that are dealing with the concept of the multiverse -DR Strange, Spider-man and WandaVision. The door is open to do a reboot using the concept of a multiverse to pull characters in from wherever. Once BP 2 is done, they can make plans. Even if they don't reboot BP, the possibility exists of a recast once BP 2 is over. And imo, I don't think Coogler will be back for a BP 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post

Really there's no reason for a reboot. They already have a very established and well received franchise apart from the possible departure of T'Challa. All it's lacking is another Black Panther... a problem which can be rectified by either recasting or choosing another character (Shuri or whomever) to carry the mantle. Do that, and there's no reason they can't move foreward with what's there.

The multiverse does offer some options as far as solving the Black Panther issue. I still can't help but wonder if Coogler wouldn't want to use the multiverse to somehow get Jordon to return as Black Panther. Those two seem attatched at the hip.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really there's no reason for a reboot. They already have a very established and well received franchise apart from the possible departure of T'Challa. All it's lacking is another Black Panther... a problem which can be rectified by either recasting or choosing another character (Shuri or whomever) to carry the mantle. Do that, and there's no reason they can't move foreward with what's there.

The multiverse does offer some options as far as solving the Black Panther issue. I still can't help but wonder if Coogler wouldn't want to use the multiverse to somehow get Jordon to return as Black Panther. Those two seem attatched at the hip.
    The only way I can see the multiverse being used to get Jordan back in the fold is if they do a story inspired by (key word here being INSPIRED) the intergalactic empire. There’s no doubt in my mind Coogler could do a well written version of that story and plus having it be from an alternate universe would be a good way to bring back both Killmonger and T’Challa without undermining the formers emotional death in the original and to avoid people complaining about a new actor playing T’Challa since it’s a different version of him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Black Panther Fortnite skin got leaked out.

But we had someone saying they were gonna cut him from the videogames now...

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Agreed. Im invested in all of these characters. TChalla was foremost among that but the movie introduced several new black heroes that can become icons.

There is zero chance I would in good conscience deny them that opportunity because of TChalla. Black Panther was just the beginning and even though the course isn't what we wanted, I'm still moving forward. This isnt just about Chad or TChalla anymore. That all changed when BP1 became a billion dollar franchise . This is about black movies and black superhero movies. This is about black characters living in excellent black environments and being allowed to be black, not a teammate or a niche or a cameo.
    That's fine. But go other routes such as Disney plus, I mean your right, there is a Rich tapestry of characters and Wakanda abd what better place to explore that then D+? It allows T'Challas presence to stay in the greater MCU like it should AND it allows for the further development of the supporting cast and explanation of Wakanda without taking up too much screen time in the movie. But that's not what's going on. They are using the black panther marketing name While sidelining the character. That's just like if something happened to bale and they made "The Dark Knight: Gotham" and completely took out Batman.

I want Black folks to have more representation as well and become icon's. You don't do that though by sealing away currently the BIGGEST Iconic Black role in history and start over from scratch with characters that are unproven to lead a franchise and who have zero/limited history or lore to speak of.

And another problem is how quickly people want to move onto the thinking of "It's not longer just about X Black character or actor anymore" because the title character is just as important of not more so than the supporting cast or the world they inhabit. Unlike the supporting cast.

T'Challa is the one who changes Wakandas old mindset. T'Challa is the hero of the franchise. T'Challa out Wakanda on the big stage and says it's their responsibility to help the rest of the world as well. T'Challa IS change and Wakandas future. He was created to be there way and no other character in his franchise.

Okoye Nakia Shuri etc. None of them are as forward thinking as he. So no it's not just something you just transfer to the other characters Because it's denying what T'Challa is and represents. I sound like a broken record but T'Challa is more than just a black hero. He represents real life historical change in the mindset of people. He was created when racial tension was peaking and was created to fight the racist depictions of black folks.. why the HELL would you want to retire a character like that for ones who are essentially blank slates?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Funny enough, his inclusion in Fortnite made people think that Marvel/Epic Games wanted to capitalise Boseman death.

Now I can't even have my BP fix in order entertainment outlets without Boseman's name being brought up after they erased him from the MCU? Unacceptable.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Funny enough, his inclusion in Fortnite made people think that Marvel/Epic Games wanted to capitalise Boseman death.

Now I can't even have my BP fix in order entertainment outlets without Boseman's name being brought up after they erased him from the MCU? Unacceptable.
    Ignore it. Fortnite only delayed his skin for the game from their last season. The Avengers game delayed his reveal also. No one's gonna stop them from putting out Black Panther content.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Exactly.

Mine is probably Blade, Shang Chi and Doctor Strange 2 but other than that, my enthusiasm is dead.

Maybe it's jealousy or selfishness but seeing other Marvel properties have their main protagonists have multiple movies, appearances and go into more interesting story arcs that would change the MCU meanwhile my hero gets the short end of the stick does not sit well with me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Except the HSH is gone and T'Challa was the last person to take it... This is why you don't make huge decisions like this without proper grieving time, especially when the movie is still in preproduction time. This isn't the same as say fast and furious where walker passed in the middle of production, this is somewhat similar to Heath even though not really because that happened after the movie dropped.

You give people time to grieve and make choices based on logic and not emotion. Again this isn't a Walker/Brian situation where walker MADE Brian Iconic as the character didn't exist before Walker developed him. This is a Character who's been around for 54 years. He. He has been around since before Chad was born and will be around after all of us are old and grey.

Chadwick brought him to Life on the big screen but he doesn't own him. HE wouldn't want T'Challa to die with him just based on how he has come off about representating people (be is real or fictional) he would want someone to succeed him.. Especially a huge life changing role such as T'Challa. This is a HUGE role. Let that sink in.. Chadwick will always be the OG and GOAT. But just like people were wrong about Sean Connery bond, Michael Keaton Batman, Jack Nicholson Joker, christopher reeves superman, and Tobey Miguire Spiderman... Others can and should be able to take on the role and have the opportunity to further explore the character.

T'CHALLA SHOULD NOT BE THE ORIGIN STORY FOR WAKANDA. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is such a bad argument

no one said they were going to cut stuff they've already made and developed.

And no on eis going to change any plans until it is confirmed what coolger is doing in BP2 anyway. Then the synergy starts happening.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html