Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
Thank you. But, paper is hard. Drawing has more rules. You have to take into account that when drawing a person is transferring a 3d subject into a 2d subject. I am better at drawing than the average person, but compared to people like Muad dib I'm a toddler. Plus, I was blessed with natural talent as a sculpter.
I have had this conversation many times with many different types of people. Most would get a better sense of accomplishment buying some modeling clay over drawing. I say this because one of my degrees was art education and, although I never got my license to teach, experience and "the rules" for drawing compared to modeling or carving for children and adults are much easier for 3d representation. The illustrators I worked with were amazing. Not only could they draw with perspective, they could produce blueprint like line art for us sculptors to use for our projects. Nothing but respect for those that can whip out a drawing in minutes. An incredible skill.
It all comes from the sense of taking a blank slate(paper, rock, clay, canvas, etc.) and creating something with it, using different tools.

I used to draw as a kid and the older I got the greater sense of satisfaction I got from it. I stopped drawing for a long time and recently started again.

I don't have the speed I want and I'm working on creating original works but I plan to keep improving my skills.