Page 128 of 750 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even if his powered are buffed moving foreward (the symbiiote should make him pretty strong), the problem is he was able to effectively hurt T'CHalla in the past even without any new upgrades he might get. Red Skull was able to fight T'Challa evenly (hell I'd argue he was actually winning that fight towards the end there), so obviously T'Challa felt his punches too. Unfortunately it's a matter of the suit simply not working when it's not convenient to do so. You can argue he was wearing a different suit against Killmonger, but against Skull it was definately the vibranium mesh suit.

Well this isn't the past anymore so none of that matters. He has the habit with force push now, can't retroactively change those other stories so moving forward the new status quo made by Stelfreeze, of it's an issue that he no longer has to dodge, then beef up the threat to make him feel the hit when it absorbs like the MCU. Simple. Plus Erik needs to be stronger anyways since who deal is T'Challa can't beat him in a straight up fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    T'Coates isn't a chess-master. I'm not convinced he could beat a chicken at Tic-Tac-Toe (unless Storm or Shuri was there to tell him what to do)
    This is true T'Coates is pretty useless. But this entire time we have yet to see him do anything so I am currently done with these type of villains. I want him to have some solid slugfest villain's that are credible threats and him coming out on top, no strings attached. Atleast for the next 3 years before it's even contemplated, and the writer better be bringing that Priest energy to attempt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Suggested writers:

Bring back Reginald Hudlin or David Liss

If not then....

[B]Al Ewing[B]

J.Hickman

Bryan Hill

Kwanza Osajyefo

[B]Brandon East on[B]

Kevin Grevioux

Eric Dean Seaton

Sorry fellaz, its a [B]NO[B] on Redjack and Evan Nacisse for me.
    Yes to Liss, Hickman, Ewing, and Hill. Geoffrey Thorne and Evan Narcisse would be good gets. Does Grevioux still write comics or is interested in doing so?

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    T'Coates isn't a chess-master. I'm not convinced he could beat a chicken at Tic-Tac-Toe (unless Storm or Shuri was there to tell him what to do)
    Hahaha LOL

I didn't like the Redjack's plotline he shared on his website
    That's not the pitch I would make to Marvel. It's not workable anymore, for one thing as the stories have moved on too far. Also, after working on the show, I have a MUCH larger and epic thing in mind.

and his BP in his BP quest animated series was several leagues BELOW the awesomeness of BP in Avengers EMH.
    Well. There's no accounting for taste. Sorry it didn't reach you. But, again, that is nothing like what I'd pitch to MARVEL either.

It should be noted that, if Marvel's announcing a June finale for Mr. Coates, his replacement is likely already in the box and no one has reached out to me. yeah, I'd like the gig but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    That's not the pitch I would make to Marvel. It's not workable anymore, for one thing as the stories have moved on too far. Also, after working on the show, I have a MUCH larger and epic thing in mind.

Well. There's no accounting for taste. Sorry it didn't reach you. But, again, that is nothing like what I'd pitch to MARVEL either.

It should be noted that, if Marvel's announcing a June finale for Mr. Coates, his replacement is likely already in the box and no one has reached out to me. yeah, I'd like the gig but I don't see it happening.
    Definitely our loss for you not getting a shot on the solo. I'll just have to read whatever else you have planned.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yes to Liss, Hickman, Ewing, and Hill. Geoffrey Thorne and Evan Narcisse would be good gets. Does Grevioux still write comics or is interested in doing so?
    He does. He was doing Lion Forge's Noble and the fake woke crowd didn't like his run because -Noble's wife made a comment about black on black violence. And we all know black folks don't kill each other...

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Hopefully there IS a replacement. And a GOOD ONE at that.

I wondering.....what if the replacement is Mark Waid & Chris Samnee?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hopefully there IS a replacement. And a GOOD ONE at that.

I wondering.....what if the replacement is Mark Waid & Chris Samnee?
    If Coates run ends in June, either they already have someone the can or the book will go on hiatus. That not that far away.

Though if they are actually willing to hire a white guy, Waid would be great. His Daredevil was something.

I think its Time you take a page from flex and kick down Mickey "money" mouses door for thst gig RJ

Marvel must not want my money, because they didn't put BP in the trailer
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Marvel must not want my money, because they didn't put BP in the trailer
    Marvel is treating Black Panther like he made Doctor Strange money, and Doctor Strange like he made Black Panther money.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I wouldn't fear too much. He's been in every Marvel mobile game.

That being said, for once I'd like to see him on the base roster, but maybe that doesn't work for his character type.

It's still really annoying though.

I think even the force push is one step too far. I think that's fine for his higher end gear, but it shouldn't be standard.

The thing is, Aunt May should be able to be a credible threat in a suit which absorbs and redirects kinentic impact. He doesn't need to block or dodge or even throw a punch against anything up to mid-level bricks when his suit can just absorb and shoot back that force anyways. It ends up replacing skill with tech, which IMO places the emphasis in the wrong direction.

Force Push is fine if he's throwing down with Namor. But against Killmonger, the suit shouldn't be doing the work. And obviously no writer wants it too.. which means the suit abilities magically stop working when he's fighting a lower end threat. It's easier to just keep T'CHallas standard gear minimal, and scale him up as needed.
    T'Challa has a superhuman physiology. May doesn't.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Marvel should go after Djèlí Clark to relaunch the book. Maybe Ken Lashley on art, and Trevor Von Eeden on covers.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

If Coates run ends in June, either they already have someone the can or the book will go on hiatus. That not that far away.
    No way it goes on hiatus. They've got a replacement. We'll know who it is by next month at the latest.

Though if they are actually willing to hire a white guy, Waid would be great. His Daredevil was something.
    Wow, never thought about Waid on BP. I'm sure he'd kill it. But I have a hard time thinking Marvel would go that way with it.

But no matter who they pick, it's going to be really interesting to see who it is.