Page 138 of 750 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Yep, definitely a whole lot of Malice in this scene...

What else you got...
    Yep. Malice defining trait is rejecting T'challa's advances in order to help the world instead.

Sounds just like her lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Lupita once said her Nakia and the comic's Malice are going to be different characters because Cooler did not want to rely on outdated tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm pretty sure Lupita once said her Nakia and the comic's Malice are going to be different characters because Cooler did not want to rely on outdated tropes.
    Even if we do get heel turns, they will almost certainly be not identical to the comics. We're not dealing with a delusional love struck teenage girl. It's an adult woman in a real relationship.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    We Got This Covered are claiming that Namor will be the official villain of the sequel. Of course people will take them seriously and the same Twitter accounts and YouTube channels will treat it as fact and claim Wakanda will get flooded for good measure, as if that's the only interaction between the two.
    1. It's no proof who the Villain of the sequel because Ryan Coogler just started writing for the film.

2. Namor is not that powerful to flood a whole country without a power amp. He was only able to do that because he had the phoenix force power.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    1. It's no proof who the Villain of the sequel because Ryan Coogler just started writing for the film.

2. Namor is not that powerful to flood a whole country without a power amp. He was only able to do that because he had the phoenix force power.
    If Coogler REALLY wanted some sort of flooding scene, he could probably have Namor flood Oakland. That's a lot easier, and it allows for a personal attack against Wakanda without Wakanda actually taking a hit.

Plus, it's always fun for an action movie to show the Golden Gate Bridge being destroyed.

I think it bares reminding that the character Malice existed before the Nakia version by Priest. The character has no definitive back story, so she’s wide open for a new introduction across all the mediums.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

So now we just want to see lots of black people, especially kids, get drowned?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    So now we just want to see lots of black people, especially kids, get drowned?
    Oakland has plenty of white, latino, and asian people who in theory might drown too if that makes anyone feel better.

That said, unless it's an Avenger movie I don't see this scenario happening now that I think about it. If Namor were to attack mainland US, it wouldn't JUST be Black Panther going after him. It would have to be an Avenger movie since obviously the heroes in the US aren't just going to turn a blind eye to that.

Water does not discriminate...

However, Wakanda should invest in extreme plumbing contingencies just in case!
    Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Funny how both the actors playing MBaku and Malice want heel turns. I guess they're fans of the comic characters.
    Or they saw how much mileage Hiddleston got out of
    his face/heel/face turn in Marvel Films.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Or they saw how much mileage Hiddleston got out of
    his face/heel/face turn in Marvel Films.
    Eliofor as Mordo might be an example of that too... MIGHT. We'll have to wait and see in the next Strange movie.

In nothing else, I do wonder if playing a bad guy isn't funner. Seems to work that way in pro-wrestling at least a lot of the time.

With Coates run ending.... I don't expect we'll see a new BP solo until EMPYRE is over. With Wakanda playing a prominent role in the event, it might have a new status quo once EMPYRE is over. The new writer will want an idea of what the MU will be like once it's over.

Winston wanting to M'Baku to play a villain likely comes from the simple and understandable fact that he wants more to do. Compared to Okoye and the Dora, Nakia, Shuri, and Killmonger, M'Baku and the Jabari didn't have much focus/ screen time to show them off. Turning M'Baku into a villain would give them more focus and looking at what's happening with some villains from past movies, it's understandable that he wants to do that.

Lupita wanting Nakia to become Malice comes from her desire to play a villain. In an interview with Vanity Fair she said she always wanted to play a villain. Anyway Ryan or Nate Moore said that their avoiding the Malice aspect of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    With Coates run ending.... I don't expect we'll see a new BP solo until EMPYRE is over. With Wakanda playing a prominent role in the event, it might have a new status quo once EMPYRE is over. The new writer will want an idea of what the MU will be like once it's over.
    I just dont want the next writer thinking that T'Challa and Wakanda are in desperate need of some "deconstruction". We just had 4 years of it with Coates and already had years worth before him. Time to uplift T'Challa. He's supposed to be the most dangerous man alive from the most technologically advanced nation in the world that went undefeated for 10k years. It's about time we start getting stories that showed that off.

On another note I hope that we get an anthology series someday that focuses on different Black Panthers throughout history similar to how BP's Quest had a couple of episodes about T'Challa's ancestors and grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I just dont want the next writer thinking that T'Challa and Wakanda are in desperate need of some "deconstruction". We just had 4 years of it with Coates and already had years worth before him. Time to uplift T'Challa. He's supposed to be the most dangerous man alive from the most technologically advanced nation in the world that went undefeated for 10k years. It's about time we start getting stories that showed that off.

On another note I hope that we get an anthology series someday that focuses on different Black Panthers throughout history similar to how BP's Quest had a couple of episodes about T'Challa's ancestors and grandfather.
    Well just like Secret War, BO and Wakanda will emerge from an event with a great opportunity to become a big player on the world stage. Like you said, I hope the next writer doesn't follow in Coates footsteps.