Page 14 of 750 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

They could pull of an adaptation of The Client, but the issue is that story doesn't really take place in Wakanda. It doesn't really show much of Wakanda. There is NO WAY the next Black Panther movie doesn't spend a good amount of time in Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    They could pull of an adaptation of The Client, but the issue is that story doesn't really take place in Wakanda. It doesn't really show much of Wakanda. There is NO WAY the next Black Panther movie doesn't spend a good amount of time in Wakanda.
    Wakanda could be used for the secondary characters. Achebe, Ramonda, Shuri... I've been angling for Baron Macabre to replace Mephisto to unleash a zombie army on the WK boarder. It'd be a fun way to release all the tech seen in the concept books. They fight that while Tchalla travel the world to uncover the conspiracy. Then shows up at the end to finish off Macabre.

A slight change to the reasons behind it and go with Liss' Most Dangerous Man Alive.

Druglord wants to set up operations in a city(Oakland) T'Challa's trying to reform. Intro some B, C-list villains for BP to fight. Takes down main boss -The Hood. Then the reveal at the end, Achebe was pulling the strings, which sets up BP III, The Client.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The Client is so damn easy to adapt, that I would be both equally surprised and disappointed if Coogler doesn't do it.

Seriously all the work has been cut out for him and he's actually set it up so well: Wakanda has both been revealed to the world and T'Challa promised outreach; T'Challa now has experience being king and has developed a friendship with Ross. Pretty much everything is right there. Only thing they really need to do is carry on stuff from the first film and make Achebe less demon-possesed, Joker caricature and more James Bond type villain and keep the same political messaging from the first one were possible.

Achebe doesn't even really need to be as relatable as Killmonger either. He doesn't have to have a point: he should just be a really evil, really smart and driven man that's difficult to put down. And I know the five year gap makes things murky but the snap and the blip both provide more than enough chaos for shit to go down or for someone like Achebe to concort an evil plan without making the Wakandans look sloppy. Get an actor like Giancarlo Esposito or Denzel Washington to just give you charismatic screen presence, menace and monologues for days and you're good to go.

Make BP2 an international political spy thriller summer blockbuster and you're set.
    As long as Achebe himself is more then just an evil guy. He's gotta have a relatable aspect to him, maybe not the same as comic version but he needs to have thar draw thstnnakes him unhinged, not joker unhinged but kinda like Denzel in training day

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Orlando Jones would also make a good fit for Achebe. His performance in American Gods sold me on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention him. He can definitely play a more comic book accurate version. I think Esposito and Washington will be very serious while Jones will be a lot more fun. Depends on what they want to go for.
    He played Anansi/Mr. Nancy, if I recall right. And having read The Client myself thanks to the Marvel Knights 20th anniversary rerelease, I also think it could be great as a basis for the second Black Panther film.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Well...if the rumors are true and they want to use Namor in BP 2 essentially you would just need another ruler. You could use Princess Zanda to replace Doom. The character of Doom is not super central to the storyline. You would just need another effective ruler. Zanda is also rumored to be ain BP 2.

It's possible, but not easy. If they could pull it off & have higher quality action scenes (like in CA:TWS & CW), it could be the best comic book movie.

I think enemy of the state could work as well. I actually never liked the 1st enemy of the state, but EoS 2 is my favorite BP movie. Maybe I will try reading EoS 1 again to see if my opinion changes.
    The vid below got me thinking why people prefer CW BP action over BP.

The most notable thing is location.

That Panther looks right in a real world location like CW. Even with all the crazy fast cutting.
    Opening BP fight was great, but filmed dark at night.
    Wakanda fight is kind of ruined a bit by the poor CGI backgrounds. It takes the grit that was established in the Waterfall fights away from it. The actual fight moments were great. Problem is it just became a huge CGI fest. The quick cutting of CW in a real location kind of helps with that. Its so chaotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    MCU Black Panther:

I still prefer Black Panther's Civil War mask over the new one. Even though the new one is CGI and may be easier for Chadwick Boseman, I don't know why they couldn't or didn't make the new CGI mask look like the Civil War mask/helmet. Hopefully I'll like his mask in the sequel (if they change it again).
    I think they go with a new mask altogether. Probably a new suit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Client is the easiest one to do. Its a natural transition from where the first movie left off and the Avengers movies make it work because while Tchalla is there, general people still don't know that much about him. So it plays off just like it did in that arc. The research center is a good analog to the charity foundation. Just throw a little girl off the roof of the building and its green lights all the way.
    Gritty on location filming plays into Coogler's strengths. Not a bunch of CGI screens and he'll pull off with ease. I mean if Marvel is content on not letting him film in Africa I'm not sure I want to keep seeing some lot of land in Atlanta portrayed as it. So regardless of the story the BEST DIRECTED version of BP 2 would be one with less Wakanda. \

I'm convinced he'd crush a "story that takes place mostly in the U.S" if they go that route.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 01-08-2020 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

That Panther looks right in a real world location like CW. Even with all the crazy fast cutting.
    Wakanda fight is kind of ruined a bit by the poor CGI backgrounds. It takes the grit that was established in the Waterfall fights away from it. The actual fight moments were great. Problem is it just became a huge CGI fest. The quick cutting of CW in a real location kind of helps with that. Its so chaotic.

I would be okay with a new suit if they continue the joke made in the first movie about improving tech. First movie had Shuri say to T'Challa "how many times do I have to teach you that just because something works does not mean it can't be improved" and now it should be flipped and T'Challa makes updates to the habit and wants shuri and the WDG to apply them and he gives her that line to which she replies along the lines of "don't use my own words against me"

It plays on the running joke, it establishes T'Challas super genius while still highlighting Shuris and allowing her to keep her role without anyone being used as a stool

BANNED

In my personal opinion the fight choreography was just all around better in Civil War compared to Black Panther. His herbless fight against Killmonger and M’Baku was just underwhelming in comparison to his fight against Bucky.

Which is disappointing because I’d assume based on character history Killmonger should be knowledgeable on several forms of combat. But both ritual fights look like street fights on top of the mountain top. The Doras came off impressive though.

I’m definitely in the camp that liked Black Panther’s civil war suit better. It made him look more intimidating and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    In my personal opinion the fight choreography was just all around better in Civil War compared to Black Panther. His herbless fight against Killmonger and M’Baku was just underwhelming in comparison to his fight against Bucky.

Which is disappointing because I’d assume based on character history Killmonger should be knowledgeable on several forms of combat. But both ritual fights look like street fights on top of the mountain top. The Doras came off impressive though.

I’m definitely in the camp that liked Black Panther’s civil war suit better. It made him look more intimidating and bigger.
    Disagree big time. Bucky fight was two suped guys fighting it out. So you can't expect them to move with the same quickness or have all those crazy cuts.

Waterfall fights were some of the best in the MCU that had real meaning behind it. Hand to hand combat is always going to be a favorite for people and I get that. However, that was truly a warriors battle. Using weapons with skill.

It was a great contrast of a tactician vs. unrelenting rage. T'Challa skillfuly could have deaded Killmonger twice. However, that face wound unleashed a rage in Killmonger that was captivating.

Cinematography, choreography, score, acting, etc....its a perfect fight. A perfect HUMAN fight. Not the usual Superhero theatrics and its quick cuts felt far more natural and earned in some ways.

Shame the final fight had such poor CGI/framing that those battles get overlooked.

Yeah. We'll always get new suits and masks. In part to show that Shuri is constantly evolving his tech, and in part so Disney can sell more merchandise. It's win win.

THat said, I give the SLIGHT edge to the Civil War version too if push comes to shove... but the differences are all fairly negligable.

I don't think the fights were better or worse... just different. One was a more realistic fight, while the other is a pure comic book fight. Both needed what they needed to be to tell the story.

It's almost not a fair comparison in some ways because a hero vs hero fight is a somewhat bigger deal. Sort of like how Godzilla vs King Kong is kind of a bigger deal than Godzilla vs Ghidorah. It's more of a cross over, which makes it more special.

My two cents...

Yesteryears super hero movies used to have that tell not show way of depicting what happened!

For instance... The elevator fight scene in CA: Winter Soldier if it had been filmed in the distant past would have had Steve Rogers exiting the elevator with bodies laid out as opposed to the epic battle we got to witness blow for blow!

Think of when Thor was laid out with Thanos standing over him during The Reverend Maw's speech but once Hulk got those hands we understood that we did not need to see Thor and them taking an L because we got to see why Thanos is that dude slamming the Hulk!

Comic book movies these days show a whole lot more fight action than previous years to where you almost cringe at the Nolan Batman versus Bane fight that technically looks unclear how Bruce lost the first fight!

The FOX X-men and Fantastic Four fight scenes looked very dry compared to what you get today... The exception was Spiderman vs Doc Octopus on the train but I digress!

As movies improve and allow the stuntman to work that craft things will get better plus I suspect that Shang Chi might up the level like Darth Maul did for Star Wars light saber battles!

I mean do either of these Jedi/Sith masters look like they are fast enough to block laser bolts aimed at them...

Be grateful that better fight scenes are trending upwards and moving forward and I suspect that will happen in Black Panther 2!
    Get Hectic!

Also...

I forgot to add that Ben Affleck's Batman in the warehouse scene saving "Martha" is not losing any fight to Nolan's Bane like ever!

The Bat vs Super movie itself was not that great but Batman in that film put in work showing that if you stay true to super hero epic fights a whole lot can be accomplished instead of the slow and sluggish beat downs in the Dark Knight series which are better overall cinematic movies!
    Get Hectic!

Meh CW fights are kinda over hyped. CW stuff looks cool until you start breaking it down on what actually happens and it's not very impressive compared to the solo