Page 224 of 750 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They wouldn't have bothered even including the scene if it wasn't an Easter egg.
    Except they straight up said it wasn't an Easter egg to start when people were sure of it. What would be the point of saying that just to turn back around and say "Yeah it was an Easter egg"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah.. No, Doom in the cinema is trash, this isn't because they feel it will be more epic, especially since Namor hasn't even show. Up in any movies.. this is strictly Doom and Namor fans wanting them to ride BPs success and hope that they get out of the movie alive and better yet, beat TChalla.

At this point Doom is a C Lister from the movieverse
    I stand by my statement that for almost any marvel fan casual or otherwise, Doom or Namor is a bigger than any BP rogue who hasn't already shown up yet.

The reason people fear Doom showing up in a BP movie is because they are scared he will be protected... because he's freaking Doom and for marvel that means something. If he legit were trash people wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except they straight up said it wasn't an Easter egg to start when people were sure of it. What would be the point of saying that just to turn back around and say "Yeah it was an Easter egg"
    Course, why would they say he wasn't?

Either he's an easter egg, or he wasn't but the now have plans for him. Works either way.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I imagine a bulk of it is that it's more exciting for some to think about him throwing down with bigger better known villains. All the better known known BP rogues were used in the first movie, so you're sort of only left with the C listers who have made a small hand full of appearances, most of whom are underpowered.

A throwdown with a Doom or a Namor just feels bigger and more epic than one with say Achebe. Not that Achebe can't be cool or wouldn't work ... but the scale of it is very different. Of course you can power him up to make it more workable ... but guys like Doom work as is. They're not guys Wakanda should be able to swat like a bug the first 5 minutes of the movie.
    I get that but at the same time these movies are what elevate the C-Listers into A-Listers. That’s how it’s been since the beginning. General Zod was a nobody until Terrance Stamp played him in Superman II. No one knew who Thanos was until the MCU hit. Hell Killmonger himself was dead for years and only came back because he was such a huge hit in BP. If the movie uses Achebe and is a success it will make him a big deal. I really hope they take that opportunity, Marvel’s poor treatment of its villains in favor of hero vs hero bullshit has gotten really old.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I get that but at the same time these movies are what elevate the C-Listers into A-Listers. That’s how it’s been since the beginning. General Zod was a nobody until Terrance Stamp played him in Superman II. No one knew who Thanos was until the MCU hit. Hell Killmonger himself was dead for years and only came back because he was such a huge hit in BP. If the movie uses Achebe and is a success it will make him a big deal. I really hope they take that opportunity, Marvel’s poor treatment of its villains in favor of hero vs hero bullshit has gotten really old.
    I'm not disagreeing with you that the comics can't and shouldn't elevate lesser known characters.

My point is simply that I think it's normal for comic and movie fans to wish for the bigger name characters. If you poll people on who they want to see facing Spider-Man the next movie, Hypno Hustler probably won't poll too well. Nothing against Hypno Hustler... and it's possible that a movie appearance will elevate him. But it's just far more natural for people to redict better known guys like Kraven or Hob Goblin.

But for the record, I don't care who they use. The ones who I thought absolutely HAD to show up (Klaw, Killmonger, M'Baku) were used. So at that point I sort of think it doesn't matter... Coogler can use whoever the heck he wants.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The writers/russos keep flip flopping

I don't think it was an easter egg at the time

It hink it will be retconned that it was. Similar to Peter being in IM2 magically now.
    Perhaps. All I know is, I just want a great movie with engaging and compelling characters; and because I know Coogler is capable of this I don't really care who the villain is. I just want the film to be and feel epic in scale, consistently good cg effects, a Priest/Hudson hybrid T'Challa and kick ass fight choreography and I'm happy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Looks frikkin awesome.

So I've started seeing rumors about a Secret Invasion Disney+ show leading into Captain Marvel 2 and a Young Avengers Show leading into Ant-man 3. I don't trust rumors, but what I'm more interested in is that we're beginning to see headlines and rumors for projects coming out after BP2.

Does this mean we can pretty much assume no Wakanda/BP based Disney+ show leading into BP2? I guess its possible they've been working on something and just haven't announced it yet.

Another option is something they have already announced could lead into BP2 (Falcon and WS, Moonknight etc).

If its the second option then I would put my money on Falcon and Winter Soldier. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard anything about Black Panther showing up in a show with Zemo as the villain. I mean he killed Wakanda's king, anything less than T'challa hunting him down personally feels weird to me. I mean look what happened when he ddnt bring Klaue back in the BP movie and that was just some random arms dealer not the dude that killed their king and T'challa's father.

But I dunno. Its still a while away but I aint heard a damn (legit sounding) thing about BP2 or related shows and I need my fix
    Last edited by Pumbaa; 05-13-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Let me tell you something: if you cast someone like Denzel Washington as Achebe for the sequel, the internet will break. We need to stop looking at Black Panther as just another MCU or superhero film. Hell, Marvel Studios needs to start taking their movies a bit more seriously if you ask me.

Black Panther had hype and was the most talked about movie on Twitter in 2017 (a whole year before it's release) because of the cast it was amassing. Every month there was a new addition of either a legendary black actor/actress like Angela Bassett or Forest Whitaker, or up-and-coming stars like Lupita N'yongo or Letitia Wright. That's what the people want. Fanboys only think about what these movies can give them. But we all know that these studios don't cater to us fanboys. Fanboys only want Namor in BP2 only to introduce Atlantis and a character that hasn't been tainted by FOX, and to give them a kingdom Vs kingdom war that feels epic and straight out of s comic book (or a Saturday morning cartoon). And they only want Doctor Doom because he has been tainted by FOX three times, and they see it as an opportunity to right those wrongs and introduce him to the MCU.

They don't care about making a better Black Panther, because many of them didn't like the first one anyway. They don't care about elevating T'Challa or anyone else in his supporting cast, or elevating the franchise to greater heights. We all know a lot of fanboys are WASPs so a franchise as black and African as BP doesn't even appeal to them.

That kinda went on a different tangent, but my point is, a Black Panther movie will feel big and epic to the people that actually matter if you cast one of their own in major roles, while making it a great movie. Adding characters that the general audience has no attachment to will not do that. I'm tired of people thinking this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    So I've started seeing rumors about a Secret Invasion Disney+ show leading into Captain Marvel 2 and a Young Avengers Show leading into Ant-man 3. I don't trust rumors, but what I'm more interested in is that we're beginning to see headlines and rumors for projects coming out after BP2.

Does this mean we can pretty much assume no Wakanda/BP based Disney+ show leading into BP2? I guess its possible they've been working on something and just haven't announced it yet.

Another option is something they have already announced could lead into BP2 (Falcon and WS, Moonknight etc).

If its the second option then I would put my money on Falcon and Winter Soldier. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard anything about Black Panther showing up in a show with Zemo as the villain. I mean he killed Wakanda's king, anything less than T'challa hunting him down personally feels weird to me. I mean look what happened when he ddnt bring Klaue back in the BP movie and that was just some random arms dealer not the dude that killed their king and T'challa's father.

But I dunno. Its still a while away but I aint heard a damn (legit sounding) thing about BP2 or related shows and I need my fix
    Given that Zemo killed T'Chaka and Bucky is the White Wolf, it would be an easy movie to link Wakanda too.

That said, I wouldn't necessarily expect T'Challa to actually be in it. Boseman is on record saying he's not interested in a TV show. But there are a lot of characters from the BP franchise which could in theory be involved. Ross is obvious... but anyone from Okoye to Shuri might at least have a role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Let me tell you something: if you cast someone like Denzel Washington as Achebe for the sequel, the internet will break.
    They are gonna have to pull someone super famous for the villain. You can't cast some "strong niche guy" to go opposite of Chadwick, Dani, and the others. Plus they have to follow up on MJB's performance. BP cast is too good to have the main villain be the weak point acting wise.

Plus, Marvel LOVES using bigger names for their villains (hence why they are one offs so often).

As long as Feige is running things and Coogler is directing, I have on fears for BP2 at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Not a huge name but Orlando Jones for Achebe

His performance as Nancy on American Gods convinced me he'd be an amazing Achebe.

Wesley Snipes as Achebe! Name recognition and comes at a good price!

After the speech T'Chadwick gave him, I would like to see Denzel and him work together and interact on The big screen