Page 259 of 750 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Exactly and due to the vibranium, the character does not get injured. I remember talking to a female friend who is not a big superhero fan and she said that she lost interest in the combat scenes once he had his suit because he could not be hurt. She felt there was no real danger to him after that.
    Eh. I could see that to an extent.

But did she have the same feeling for

- Iron Man (who got tank blasted out of the sky in Mach II and just stood up afterwards? T'challa got winded by a steroid Rhino to the gut)
    - Hulk (who is basically invincible)
    - Thor (who is basically invincible and has the highest durability feats in the MCU)
    - Captain Marvel (invincible)
    - Vision (was literally made of Vibranium RIP lol)

I mean... does she only enjoy the Captain America, GoG, and Ant-Man movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Guys, I'm not saying T'Challa doesn't deserve his own video game. You know me. I'm saying he doesn't have the amount of inspiration from a variety of sources that Spider-Man and Batman do. These guys have had several movies, TV series and specials, animated series, previous video games and a plethora of iconic stories and alternate versions in comics over decades. That's a whole lot of source material and references to choose from to make a game that encompasses everything those characters are. No matter how you slice it, that's why these two have had the absolute best video games in comparison to everyone else.

T'Challa simply doesn't have that, and if we're asking for a video game as good as the Arkham series and Spider-Man PS4 there has to be material to support it. Like I said, I think all the game mechanics you would expect already exist so the wheel doesn't need to be reinvented, and the Black Panther lore has that potential. But we're talking about a AAA video game here. Aside from one major film appearance (which at this point will undoubtedly be the biggest influence) and a handful of modern comics what do we really have?
    This is true. BP doesn't quite have the legacy for studios to take that sort of risk for a AAA video game.

I do think it will work. I do understand why studios would be hesitant. There is a reason for AAA games, it is just Batman and Spider-Man. They are the safest bet. Gaming studios are even less risk averse than Hollywood. Sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel

"Congratulations! You have a healthy boy and future prince of Wakanda! What do you want to call him?"

"How about 'Stabber'?"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it doesnt seem random at all as surely coates knew where the phrase originated when he chose to use it as the translation of his name.
    No, that name doesn't make sense, Coates translation also doesn't make sense. It was a random line Hickman had shuri use, and this was used when they were adults. It really makes zero sense

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

hmm... well..

with the 'a-l-l-a' component I was halfway expecting it to mean something along the lines of possibly " warrior of God (allah)" or something, but.. um.. okay..

Mighty Member

"Congratulations! You have a healthy boy and future prince of Wakanda! What do you want to call him?"

"How about 'Stabber'?"
    Funny one. T'Challa's name meaning could have been better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh. I could see that to an extent.

But did she have the same feeling for

- Iron Man (who got tank blasted out of the sky in Mach II and just stood up afterwards? T'challa got winded by a steroid Rhino to the gut)
    - Hulk (who is basically invincible)
    - Thor (who is basically invincible and has the highest durability feats in the MCU)
    - Captain Marvel (invincible)
    - Vision (was literally made of Vibranium RIP lol)

I mean... does she only enjoy the Captain America, GoG, and Ant-Man movies?

She and her hubby do not watch many superhero movies but they went and saw BP. I think its a legitimate complaint. Once T'Challa received the suit, I do not believe he was hit with a significant blow that damaged him. And if you think about Iron Man, his suits get damaged all the time and he get's injured inside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah doesn't really make a lot of sense when you realize the context of it. I know Coates tried to make it sound cool but that saying simply highlights T'Challas failure to kill Namor due to arrogance, acting like some 80s super villain waiting and giving the hero a chance to escape over some supposed "I gotcha" moment instead of just killing him and being done with it like T'Challa would do of he were being written in character.

"The future" would be a better meaning for his name
    Yes, something like that could have been a more suitable name since he was the one responsible in changing certain aspects of modern Wakanda.

Incredible Member

Any preview pages released ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Any preview pages released ?
    I don't think there us an official release date yet.

Ultimate Member

She and her hubby do not watch many superhero movies but they went and saw BP. I think its a legitimate complaint. Once T'Challa received the suit, I do not believe he was hit with a significant blow that damaged him. And if you think about Iron Man, his suits get damaged all the time and he get's injured inside of it.
    Agreed, somewhat. I think going forward, T'Challa will be faced with foes armed with tech to get past his suit.

Unlike Iron Man's armor, it's designed to deal with kinetic energy. Iron Man's suit has some nice bells and whistles, but hit it hard enough...

Some more fan art.

"How about 'Stabber'?"
    "Stabbity Stab-Stab Stabber" is much more subtle.

Boisterously Confused

It's a fair point, and one of my minor quibbles with the MCU. They went a bit overboard on designing BP's capabilities. IMO, they made the same mistake with Captain Marvel.

Make a character too powerful, and you start having to resort to some ludicrous stuff to insert a sense of risk into the story. The Spectre over at DC has struggled with that for all his existence.

So, people want T'challa to be a "punchy" street level hero that frequently gets his @$$ handed to him??? Yes, Iron Man gets some suits busted open, however he immediately has another one ready that's bigger and better. I don't think that this is a relevant comparison. No, write good villains, don't water down BP!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So, people want T'challa to be a "punchy" street level hero that frequently gets his @$$ handed to him??? Yes, Iron Man gets some suits busted open, however he immediately has another one ready that's bigger and better. I don't think that this is a relevant comparison. No, write good villains, don't water down BP!
    Right? Tchalla should have had to do some John Woo rolls when the helicopter in CW and the kidnappers where shooting at him. I dont even know why the trailer team added those scenes to generate excitement. Lol.