Page 317 of 750 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    "Hey maybe the x office won't make an ass out me this time eh Namor?"

That isht is S.O.P. now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    oh wow. Did not realize this was a comic. Is it worth checking out?

I thought it was fun. We had Conan in Wakanda, with your prerequisite hero vs hero fight where no one looked bad. I wouldn't nominate it for any Eisners, but the novelty of BP and Conan interacting to me was enjoyable. It's obviously more a Conan book than a BP book, so if he doesn't float your boat you can pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Gorgeous cover. Otherwise... I guess I’ll hope for the best? Don’t have a lot of reasons to be optimistic though.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This events existence annoys me. I don't think I can justify paying for the whole thing, but I'm getting X-Men right now. 22 parts is just insane.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Vita's actually a pretty good writer so I'm not expecting the X-Office to make an ass out of T'Challa just yet lol.
    She's pretty good, but the power of the X-office mandate is mighty! Marauders has a black guy on their own team, can we see him on the cover too? Instead we got Jean, Shuri, and Wolverine....!!????

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    She's pretty good, but the power of the X-office mandate is mighty! Marauders has a black guy on their own team, can we see him on the cover too? Instead we got Jean, Shuri, and Wolverine....!!????
    Most likely because the story wraps around those five specific characters. Shuri and Jean being like Sisters to Storm and Wolverine and BP who both were with Hadari Yao. I sense drama and conflict coming with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This events existence annoys me. I don't think I can justify paying for the whole thing, but I'm getting X-Men right now. 22 parts is just insane.
    wait this story is 22 parts?!

bruh
    The J-man

bruh
    I mean, this is Hickman we're dealing with, and there are at least 10 X books right now.

Ultimate Member

bruh
    And you will not hear a PEEP if that series is collecting dust on shelves, gets over ordered or finds it's way to bins/discount sales rather early. Because it's an X-Men title.

They do this because these are the books that can be as bad or as long as they want and no one (from gators to store owners) are going to complain.

But let DC or marvel try something with a POC-everybody got an issue with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And you will not hear a PEEP if that series is collecting dust on shelves, gets over ordered or finds it's way to bins/discount sales rather early. Because it's an X-Men title.

They do this because these are the books that can be as bad or as long as they want and no one (from gators to store owners) are going to complain.

But let DC or marvel try something with a POC-everybody got an issue with it.
    If we're being entirely honest, outside of hardcore DoX supporters/Hickman fanboys most people are looking at this event with the side-eye. Event fatigue is a thing (even though it ends up meaning little because events tend to be profitable).

But you're right, if Marvel put out a BP-centric event on the scale of X of Swords or War of Realms the amount of vitriol it'd get from Marvel "fans" would be something else.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

bruh
    Yeah. And it's not like it's a main story and spinoffs. It's supposedly one story where it all apparently matters.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah. And it's not like it's a main story and spinoffs. It's supposedly one story where it all apparently matters.
    Sometimes they really do make waiting for the trade seem more viable...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sometimes they really do make waiting for the trade seem more viable...
    Yeah, with so many books/issues, will they make this into a trade?

I highly doubt it's actually like that, and I have no idea why it's being marketed as such. I guess we'll see.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If we're being entirely honest, outside of hardcore DoX supporters/Hickman fanboys most people are looking at this event with the side-eye. Event fatigue is a thing (even though it ends up meaning little because events tend to be profitable).

But you're right, if Marvel put out a BP-centric event on the scale of X of Swords or War of Realms the amount of vitriol it'd get from Marvel "fans" would be something else.

I can't tell you how many events I have seen in my store's 25 cent bin (when he has those sales) and see tie-in books (some that came out that week) in there.

Don't get me started on how tired a LOT of store owners I know are of a certain crime fighter and clown in some place called Gotham and the X-Men.

Sad thing is Marvel pandered to those folks and now they are screaming "TOO MUCH!" They are forcing that fanbase to put their money where thier mouth is. But sooner than later you have to slow down.

If those books went for $4 each. $88. Not counting variants. And you KNOW who is going to have a sale??? Midtown. Just like with Joker Wars and Empyre.

I would love to see a Black Panther event (not 22 issues maybe 7).

Since he is about to make Marvel (and DC history) if he gets a new series-he'll hit 200 issues. Other than Spawn and Malcolm Dragon (who is at 157 as the lead) in Savage Dragon have more.

Why can't that be an event?