Page 331 of 750 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Agreed.

Leave behind the Coatesverse and bring back Malaika from Gillis' mini. She's already basically MCU Nakia, a spy or diplomat, I can't remember which and an old flame of T'Challa's.
    Yeah, they could definitely bring her or Zanda back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now that I think about it, why can't you bring them all back lol? Monica as the good girl, Malaika as the Black Cat, Zanda as the Talia. Most male heroes have these women in rotation, T'Challa shouldn't be much different.

As long as he's not taken to Tony Stark levels of recklessness I see no reason why there can't be multiple potential lovers in the Black Panther's life.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Now that I think about it, why can't you bring them all back lol? Monica as the good girl, Malaika as the Black Cat, Zanda as the Talia. Most male heroes have these women in rotation, T'Challa shouldn't be much different.

As long as he's not taken to Tony Stark levels of recklessness I see no reason why there can't be multiple potential lovers in the Black Panther's life.
    You can't have three potential love interests for Black characters male or female in the same book(unless your name is Storm).

You're breaking the rules.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

For a second I thought I was in the Storm respect thread. I thought the rule was not to discuss Storm here?????

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Whatever happened to Zanda? I can't remember the last time I saw her. She's in need of a good update like the one Redjack gave her and wouldn't mind seeing her as T'Challa's new girl.

Whatever happened to Zanda? I can't remember the last time I saw her. She's in need of a good update like the one Redjack gave her and wouldn't mind seeing her as T'Challa's new girl.
    Her last appearance that I remember is when she was impersonating Storm to get free stuff during the engagement

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Her last appearance that I remember is when she was impersonating Storm to get free stuff during the engagement
    For her last speaking role yes, but she had one last appearance in Civil War Battle Damage Report.

Last edited by XJlock; 07-25-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    zanda wishes she could be storm. on miss roe worst day zanda could never compete.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

They need to do a story on how Vibranium somehow disrupts a mutants' powers. We've already seen T'Challa develop tech that suppresses their powers, just tie it into Vibranium.

That's one of the reasons Wakanda rejected the mutant drug Krack because Wakandan scientists detected that it had some hidden aspect that tried to neutralize Vibranium.
    I think that's a cool idea, but I feel since there's no kne going to bat for team T'Challa, this would end poorly for him. Get a good writer on board who likes the character and we are on business

Yes! Exactly, this should happen. So long as it's Redjacks Zanda and not the OG one. Redjacks is cool AF and has just the power upgrade needed to be a great rogue/LI. Malaika is basically MCU Nakia like you said and Monica is the Beyonce of the MU. She can stay the same. Each should understand and know certain aspects of T'Challa. And I would say the one who knows him the best and whom he has the deepest connection should be Monica, however, her not being a warrior makes it difficult

Astonishing Member

You can't have three potential love interests for Black characters male or female in the same book(unless your name is Storm).

My bad, I forgot the only men in comics allowed to have whole harems are totally relatable losers like Peter Parker or alcoholic playboys like Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes! Exactly, this should happen. So long as it's Redjacks Zanda and not the OG one. Redjacks is cool AF and has just the power upgrade needed to be a great rogue/LI. Malaika is basically MCU Nakia like you said and Monica is the Beyonce of the MU. She can stay the same. Each should understand and know certain aspects of T'Challa. And I would say the one who knows him the best and whom he has the deepest connection should be Monica, however, her not being a warrior makes it difficult
    I actually like the original Zanda too, but I think everyone can agree Redjack's take on her was the best. Just update the Collectors into being an AIM-like group of smugglers and archaeologists and she's infinitely more compelling than she ever was in the 70s.

Personally, I think Monica needs a revamp the way white women like Mary Jane and Lois Lane do whenever writers want to make them interesting. It'd be great to see her lean into humanitarian causes and using whatever celebrity she has left to run global non-profits.

To make her self-sufficient in combat either retcon her background and make her ex-military and/or give her powers (Nuhuman, vibranium mutate, etc.) That puts her on a really great arc where she toughens up and becomes a woman worthy of T'Challa. I really do think she's one of the biggest missed opportunities in the BP franchise.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ah, but rules --- especially rules that do nothing but enforce stagnant status quos --- were meant to be broken.

My bad, I forgot the only men in comics allowed to have whole harems are totally relatable losers like Peter Parker or alcoholic playboys like Tony Stark.

I actually like the original Zanda too, but I think everyone can agree Redjack's take on her was the best. Just update the Collectors into being an AIM-like group of smugglers and archaeologists and she's infinitely more compelling than she ever was in the 70s.

Personally, I think Monica needs a revamp the way white women like Mary Jane and Lois Lane do whenever writers want to make them interesting. It'd be great to see her lean into humanitarian causes and using whatever celebrity she has left to run global non-profits.

To make her self-sufficient in combat either retcon her background and make her ex-military and/or give her powers (Nuhuman, vibranium mutate, etc.) That puts her on a really great arc where she toughens up and becomes a woman worthy of T'Challa. I really do think she's one of the biggest missed opportunities in the BP franchise.
    While I'm sure Marvell2100 was being sarcastic, I do see your point --- Spider-Man and Iron Man have long been treated as the faces of the Marvel Universe, and a shared commonality between them is their considerable coteries of love interests. Why not portray Black Panther as at least equally desirable? And yes, bringing back Monica Lynne with a revamp that makes her less of a "damsel in distress" a la Lois Lane over at DC, or Mary Jane Watson or even Pepper Potts, since Iron Man got brought into this as well, back here at Marvel . . . that'd be an interesting direction for her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Zanda's last couple appearances haven't done her any favors. She went undercover at a KFE drive thru in Priests run, and threatenened to sue Storm after losing a cat fight to her in the mall.

She's basically been reduced to comedic relief at this point. Not that she can't get a make over or anything... but the last couple BP writers left her in a bit of a hole which someone wanting to push her would really need to dig her out of.

Monica seeminly died of cancer in the recent Black Panther annual. Not 100% sure that was canon though.

Then again, dying is a pretty way in comics to give a character a revamp.