Page 383 of 750 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 11243

The only problem with Aaron's tech feats is they are one and dones. If he wanted to emphasize Tchallas' tech, Aaron has to reuse the stuff he invents. As for now the only cool things I remember are Mace Windus' lightsaber and glowing solar energy. And those were in the same arc. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cates is a huge Thor fan. He always wanted to write Thor. He came to Marvel to build up to writing Thor.

That is why you need people who grow up WANTING to write and fanboy over their favorite character. Because they care.

Or you need a professional comic writer who just does his job

naw, F the gadgets. I need Killmonger beat down in front of everyone with T'challa's bare hands while T'challa basically reminds everyone who he is (aka reset back so the next writer can do whatever the F they want in 2022 lol)

no more depressed tchalla, let the dude rage
    This. All of this. T'Challa needs a scene that can be one of the following: The line to super skrull about training for the unknown, the one punch knock out to Mephisto followed by ripping out his heart, or any of his lines in WitBP to klaw.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Aarons Avengers run can almost be defined by relatively unexplained random power upgrades. Though in all fairness he does this to characters across the board, both Avengers and villains. Once you get used to it being his thing, it's not so bad I guess... though if he took the time to explain stuff a bit more he would be contributing to actual world building rather than just writing for plot convenience.

In the least with there there's a BIT of explanation. Moon Knight/Khonshu can control Thors hammer because it's conveniently made out of moon rock. God of the moon and his avatar can control moon related stuff. Whether or not you buy the explanation is another matter... but it's an explanation. There's a little effort being made there.

WHether or not that applies to T'Challa's suit will be interesting. If the vibranium meteour which struck Wakanda back in the day was actually a chunk of some moon I suppose it could apply. Though honestly I don't think much of a plot device is needed as Khonshu should have a power advantage over BP anyways, unlike with MK and Thor which on paper should be a mismatch.
    You literally just proved Digis point about the stupidity of downplaying the hero to prop of the villain, and then trying to explain why it's okay (here's a secret, it's not, it's lazy and uncreative) if you just get used to it.

That "getting used to it" is simply giving writers a pass for bad writing instead of then actually doing their job of telling an engaging story with real stakes

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The only problem with Aaron's tech feats is they are one and dones. If he wanted to emphasize Tchallas' tech, Aaron has to reuse the stuff he invents. As for now the only cool things I remember are Mace Windus' lightsaber and glowing solar energy. And those were in the same arc. Lol
    One off equipment has got to be super dooper event ending **** to be memorable in anyway.

Otherwise it is just trivia

ain't no point to have a light saber... just draw energy daggers. I put them together ala EMH.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That "getting used to it" is simply giving writers a pass for bad writing instead of then actually doing their job of telling an engaging story with real stakes
    It's almost as bad as "It'll all make sense in the end". And you should all know how I feel about THAT excuse by now.

You literally just proved Digis point about the stupidity of downplaying the hero to prop of the villain, and then trying to explain why it's okay (here's a secret, it's not, it's lazy and uncreative) if you just get used to it.

Thank you! The whole reason Coates deserves to be tarred and feathered is his penchant for writing this into black panther repeatedly. Again, we aren't seeing Thor getting crapped on for whole runs to show how powerful black winter, Galactus are! Any writer that jobs his own hero as a narrative decision needs to have their credentials snatched and destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It's almost as bad as "It'll all make sense in the end". And you should all know how I feel about THAT excuse by now.
    Yes right of there with "keep reading it will get better". Frankly, I liked Priest style, where the story was told kinda disjointed which allowed for twists and turns and for us to be surprised.

Frankly I am tired of the excuses a d the whole "the writer knows what they are doing and has some grand scheme brewing and we just need to trust them

Yes right of there with "keep reading it will get better". Frankly, I liked Priest style, where the story was told kinda disjointed which allowed for twists and turns and for us to be surprised.

Frankly I am tired of the excuses a d the whole "the writer knows what they are doing and has some grand scheme brewing and we just need to trust them
    I dont trust them for the simple reason that endings are hard to write for big stories. They always fall short of expectations. That's probably why Hudlin kept his stories simple. Simple stories simply endings and as long as it's fun, it will work for the reader.

I didn't say it was okay to downplay the hero to prop up the villain... I was saying Aaron gives random one shot power ups to both heroes and villains. And I think that's okay because he's doing it for both heroes and villains, though he's not really contributing to any world building because they're one off feats for the most part.

In the case of Thor, his power isn't downplayed so much as Aaron just introduced the notion that Thors hammer is made from a moon rock and Khonshu can control things related to the moon. Khonshu was upgraded (though really his powers were never really defined all that well in the first place so he was somewhat of a blank slate), but Thor wasn't realy downplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's just nuts, and not even the good kind of nuts. (Talking about the price, not the cover. The Panthermech is badass, and it's a shame we'll likely not see it in the actual comics thanks to downsizing the Empyre tie-ins.)
    Really nuts. $10 bucks? A real mech better come with it.

As far as Panther goes, Empyre likely will set up the new status quo going forward and offer a new starting point for the next writer.

It's deja vu all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Thank you! The whole reason Coates deserves to be tarred and feathered is his penchant for writing this into black panther repeatedly. Again, we aren't seeing Thor getting crapped on for whole runs to show how powerful black winter, Galactus are! Any writer that jobs his own hero as a narrative decision needs to have their credentials snatched and destroyed.
    Coates biggest problem was tearing down the Panther and not building him back up to be the hero/savior of the story. He gave that role to other characters.

I didn't read Panther to see other characters become the heroes of the story and I didn't read it to see Wakanda crapped own because someone couldn't wrap a fictionalized powerful African country without including tropes and stereotypes.

A king was turned into a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I dont trust them for the simple reason that endings are hard to write for big stories. They always fall short of expectations. That's probably why Hudlin kept his stories simple. Simple stories simply endings and as long as it's fun, it will work for the reader.
    I can't remember the last long ass storyline that actually paid off.

The endings always feel rushed. You go 5 years reading a story and it ends in 2 issues... so you spent 60 issues teased and then BAM it is over and you are supposed to go, "omg, that 6 minutes of reading was so worth thee 5 year wait!"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The endings always feel rushed. You go 5 years reading a story and it ends in 2 issues... so you spent 60 issues teased and then BAM it is over and you are supposed to go, "omg, that 6 minutes of reading was so worth thee 5 year wait!"
    There were a few but nothing modern comes to mind.

Edit: Currently reading Daredevil. It's a good read and looks like it's heading to be one of his best runs. Zdarsky is doing good work and I wouldn't mind seeing him do BP.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-23-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I didn't say it was okay to downplay the hero to prop up the villain... I was saying Aaron gives random one shot power ups to both heroes and villains. And I think that's okay because he's doing it for both heroes and villains, though he's not really contributing to any world building because they're one off feats for the most part.

In the case of Thor, his power isn't downplayed so much as Aaron just introduced the notion that Thors hammer is made from a moon rock and Khonshu can control things related to the moon. Khonshu was upgraded (though really his powers were never really defined all that well in the first place so he was somewhat of a blank slate), but Thor wasn't realy downplayed.
    Except he did downplay the heroes. Moon knight isn't a Villain, antagonist of the story, yes, but he isn't an actual bad guy, and the heroes 100% were downplayed. It's never a good idea to EVER downplay a character to prop up another be it a hero or villain. Klaw had that happen to him and he got beat by moon girl and frakking goldballs..

My thought is that they don't actually have a ending fully worked out. They have an idea but nothing concrete because they always feel rushed. The event's spend too much time either in the beginning setting up, or in the middle padding issues, then when it comes to e for the conclusion it's supposed to be settled in 1 or 2 issues instead of like say 4-5