Page 387 of 750 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    In Wakanda you have...Wakanda, the most technological advanced nation on Earth. That's the perfect excuse to thrown in the most batshit crazy, high-tech military and doomsday weapons all at once, especially at an enemy that isn't technological. Where are the tanks? The fighter jets? The battle cruisers? The satellite orbital strikes? The Prowlers? The goddamn Jaegers? Hell, Wakanda can allegedly control their own weather and climate. Where was that?

For f**k sake, Marvel had the perfect opportunity to give us a massive "technology vs nature" battle and instead we got "Yibambe!" and everyone having spears because MCU synergy.

This event is a waste of time, waste of art and wasted potential. I'm not about to make excuses for it.
    I would imagine that was probably the point of the 3 part mini... technology (complete with megazord apparently) vs nature, with nature seemingly coming out on top. Problem being that it was cancelled.

Hahaha Magneto of all people has plans on plans to deal with an invasion while T'challa out there with a sword he borrowed from fake Teddy.

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

oh lawd
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hahaha Magneto of all people has plans on plans to deal with an invasion while T'challa out there with a sword he borrowed from fake Teddy.

oh lawd
    I swear at this point Hickman might as well write the next BP book if he brings this energy (but I know he doesn't want to )

I swear at this point Hickman might as well write the next BP book if he brings this energy (but I know he doesn't want to )
    You might want to wait and see how this all turns out before you decide you want Hickman writing BP. Not that I don't disagree as I'm a fan... but I don't think this will turn out well for the mutants in the end. Just a guess though. He DID write Wakanda in his New Avengers run and they started out strong... but they didn't necessarily finish that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

oh lawd
    He got the sword from the real Teddy? They made the switch when he took a nap?

I'm fine with the infantry carrying spears, but in a comic this should be the standard if their promoting a big military fight. Notice the standard soilders ave spears. Minor engagements can have whatever, but the big stuff, always this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He got the sword from the real Teddy? They made the switch when he took a nap?
    He got it prior to that. When Carol was thinking about a suicide run using the sword, T'Challa called at that moment. Teddy opted to send T'Challa the sword rather than give it to Carol.

In Wakanda you have...Wakanda, the most technological advanced nation on Earth. That's the perfect excuse to thrown in the most batshit crazy, high-tech military and doomsday weapons all at once, especially at an enemy that isn't technological. Where are the tanks? The fighter jets? The battle cruisers? The satellite orbital strikes? The Prowlers? The goddamn Jaegers? Hell, Wakanda can allegedly control their own weather and climate. Where was that?

For f**k sake, Marvel had the perfect opportunity to give us a massive "technology vs nature" battle and instead we got "Yibambe!" and everyone having spears because MCU synergy.

This event is a waste of time, waste of art and wasted potential. I'm not about to make excuses for it.
    THIS, so much this it hurts my head that people are even trying to defend it. You have this huge opportunity to showcase Wakanda in a major way, to really pull out all the stops and just go insane on the technology, this could literally be any sci-fi nerds dream come true of insane tech vs galactic space plants and instead we get utter ****. We got spears and regular damn guns, and a Shield that was penetrated easily on panel. Hell, even that monster mini a few years back showcased more tech from Wakanda in 2 panels then this entire event has shown with the war mainly being on their door step.

So much wasted opportunity here

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Part of it is that the Cotati are sending their best stuff against Wakanda.

But the main difference is numbers. On Krakoa you basically have every single mutant on the planet. In Wakanda right now you've got maybe 4-5 or so Avengers. If you literally had every single Avenger in Wakanda fighting, odds are T'Challa would probably be having a much easier time.
    I guess one could argue wakanda shouldn't really need any help from the avengers but i see your perspective.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm fine with the infantry carrying spears, but in a comic this should be the standard if their promoting a big military fight. Notice the standard soilders ave spears. Minor engagements can have whatever, but the big stuff, always this...

I would like the inclusion of this as well

Astonishing Member

I want my Wakandan soldiers armed with guns first, spears second. I know it's comics and logic will always be second to rule of cool but there's no reason Wakandans wouldn't have developed advanced laser arms by now. And to be entirely honest, it looks cooler and more intimidating. They can still be excellent hand to hand fighters but it irks me that people think a highly advanced African civilization like Wakanda would continue using spears almost exclusively. But stuff like gunships, N'Yami ships, and Prowlers should also be present in big fights.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I want my Wakandan soldiers armed with guns first, spears second. I know it's comics and logic will always be second to rule of cool but there's no reason Wakandans wouldn't have developed advanced laser arms by now. And to be entirely honest, it looks cooler and more intimidating. They can still be excellent hand to hand fighters but it irks me that people think a highly advanced African civilization like Wakanda would continue using spears almost exclusively. But stuff like gunships, N'Yami ships, and Prowlers should also be present in big fights.
    Logically I agree with you. There's a reason people stopped using spears. Technology has advanced beyond that quite a bit.

But I do nonetheless think the visual of Wakandans with spears has become a thing. The movie only reinforces that tenfold. At this point you almost can't NOT draw them without spears. I think it's a case of realism taking a small hit to marketing.

It would be nice if they at least weren't just regular wooden spears. Even Proxima was calling Shuri out on that when they fought in TRO. She was basically giving Shuri a WTF for daring to attack her with a wooden stick with metal on it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what I serioisly don't understand is how the avengers/wakanda are having such difficulty with the invasion whereas the xmen seem to be handling them with little effort.
    Because instead of a 6 issue event, it would be a 2 issue event.

And heroes gotta be dumb. Just spray weed-killer on the Cotati and be done with it.

Tony Stark is building a hi-tech suit of armor for the most brilliant man on the planet. T'Challa asked to borrow a sword.

At this point, you're likely to see more tech in the Savage land than in Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The only tech you'll see in a Wakandan invasion nowadays is an impenetrable shield. Well....used to be impenetrable.