Page 406 of 750 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    We should let Marvel Studios and Ryan Coogler lead the discussion about this, when they are ready to talk about it. Now is the time to mourn and celebrate Chadwick Boseman's life and legacy.
    It is kind of wild there is nothing bad to say about the guy.

I mean, I moderate the marvel reddit sub and the black panther one.

Even the people being edgy or vile... the "best" thing they can come up with is he's black. That's it.

His biggest "controversy" is seemingly being chummy with VP Harris lol.

Dude just seemed like a good human who was dealt a horrible hand and just rolled with it. With a smile.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The reality is that there's always been a soft agenda for Shuri to take the throne from T'Challa at the earliest possible opportunity. Whether it be through major publications like CBR or on social media, the push for T'Challa to give his mantle to his younger sister has been greater than the push for Rhodes to become Iron Man or Bucky to become Cap. It is what it is on that front and was to be expected in the wake of this tragedy.
    Its more sinister than that. I've never seen a case where people said screw the grieving process lets talk about what will happen next now!

But more importantly, as others have said make sure you're taking good care of yourself and getting checked if something don't feel right! Health is the most important thing we got in this life so cherish it for all it's worth. I've been lucky enough not to lose any family members to cancer but if there's anything I've learned from these last few days it's that we need to be up to date on our exams and check-ups.
    This is true. Men's health issues are serious business but its something we don't talk about. Mostly cause men typically don't even like the idea of inviting pity parties. But at the very least we should get check up and exams, agreed. I haven't had a checkup this year because of covid, but with things clearing up I'll make an appointment before the year is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Its more sinister than that. I've never seen a case where people said screw the grieving process lets talk about what will happen next now!
    because they only care about themselves.

You should see the amount of "tribute videos" or "tribute art" on reddit right now.

All done for either 1) self promote their YT/IG or be 2) internet points that don't mean anytihng.

Even my tiny r/blackpanther got bombarded.

It is gross. I've had to delete and ban so much stuff the last two days
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The reality is that there's always been a soft agenda for Shuri to take the throne from T'Challa at the earliest possible opportunity. Whether it be through major publications like CBR or on social media, the push for T'Challa to give his mantle to his younger sister has been greater than the push for Rhodes to become Iron Man or Bucky to become Cap. It is what it is on that front and was to be expected in the wake of this tragedy.

But more importantly, as others have said make sure you're taking good care of yourself and getting checked if something don't feel right! Health is the most important thing we got in this life so cherish it for all it's worth. I've been lucky enough not to lose any family members to cancer but if there's anything I've learned from these last few days it's that we need to be up to date on our exams and check-ups.
    To a degree, a push to get Shuri on the throne was understandable. From what I understand Boseman had a 5 movie deal, and BP2 would be his 5th movie. Because there's a potential window there, it sort of makes sense to campaign for it if that's what you want to see. Though doing so in a tribute threat one day removed from the announcement of his passing is pretty messed up... no way around that. Mean people do suck.

But I do agree if nothing else should come out of this, we have a greater awarenes of people getting themselves examed and checked. Boseman wasn't very old... I'm not sure people are even adviced to check at his age. But it's something people and the medical profession needs to maybe rethink.

Mighty Member
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    We should let Marvel Studios and Ryan Coogler lead the discussion about this, when they are ready to talk about it. Now is the time to mourn and celebrate Chadwick Boseman's life and legacy.
    Yeah, we're still too close to it right now and the shock and hurt is so fresh. Marvel has time to figure out what they want to do with the BP franchise.

Thinking about it, if they didn't kill Killmonger off in the 1st movie, they possibly could have found a way to work it so that Michael B Jordan becomes BP. Just a thought.

But now, I just want to continue honoring Chadwick. His death is showing that he had a far greater impact than a lot of people realized.

It just seems so unreal right now.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Disney works fast. Nice to see he's getting the tribute he deserves.

Nice. A really nice tribute.

Nothing showing on my TV when looking for it

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Nothing showing on my TV when looking for it
    It's a last minute thing they decided to do. Comes on ABC tonight starting at 8:00 PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm irrationally angry "shuri as BP" caught so much steam already
    Nah man, to some, this is in their mind, the best thing that could of happened for their damn agenda and it's disgusting, honestly what would shut them up would be for Letitia to straight up tell them no she isn't going to support that until T'Challas story is told

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To a degree, a push to get Shuri on the throne was understandable. From what I understand Boseman had a 5 movie deal, and BP2 would be his 5th movie. Because there's a potential window there, it sort of makes sense to campaign for it if that's what you want to see. Though doing so in a tribute threat one day removed from the announcement of his passing is pretty messed up... no way around that. Mean people do suck.

But I do agree if nothing else should come out of this, we have a greater awarenes of people getting themselves examed and checked. Boseman wasn't very old... I'm not sure people are even adviced to check at his age. But it's something people and the medical profession needs to maybe rethink.
    No, it's sinister, it has nothing to do with Shuri, and everything to do with getting rid of a strong Black Male protagonist, it's simply that they are using comic synergy as their excuse. If Shuri wasn't in the movie they would push for okoye, its not about the who, it's just about removing the male protagonist with a "safe" alternative.

Plus this is T'Challas mythos and world, he is the star and that should stay that way. I'm sure Chadwick would want someone to carry on the role and not let BP just end just like what was done with Reeves in Superman and ledger with joker. But this is definitely NOT the time to be talking about it because the world lost a TRULY, 100% no bullshit, good person who dedicated his life to being a role model and example of human excellence
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-30-2020 at 09:49 AM.

I keep going back to that scene in CA:CW when BP showed up in costume. I was screaming so loud in my head, "F*ck Yeah!!!!!"

Watching him heading an all-star cast in Black Panther and the pride I felt in watching this movie.

And then in Endgame when he walked through the portal. Literally tears were coming down my eyes.

That's Chadwick's impact. He brought one of my favorite heroes to life.

Ryan Coogler pays tribute to Chadwick
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/c...mpression=true

Sounds like Ryan didn't know either.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I keep going back to that scene in CA:CW when BP showed up in costume. I was screaming so loud in my head, "F*ck Yeah!!!!!"

Watching him heading an all-star cast in Black Panther and the pride I felt in watching this movie.

And then in Endgame when he walked through the portal. Literally tears were coming down my eyes.

That's Chadwick's impact. He brought one of my favorite heroes to life.
    To me, it's not only that he brought T'Challa to live, but he exemplified T'Challas characteristics in his life as well, a kind man with a gentle heart who cares for people. He practiced what he taught, he lead and inspired by example, and had an inner strength and determination that is extremely rare and shows an indomitable spirit. Again it should be extremely telling just who this man was that no one has anything or can find anything negative to say about him. Now of course he isn't perfect, but in terms of an ideal show of character, he is forever etched as someone to strive to be like