Page 408 of 750 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 11243

im not sure why an 8 year old needs to even know a celebrity died?

I swear, half that stuff is staged....

i don't trust anything lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Crazy, I have a very similar image on my phone but with two little boys. The nephews of a close family friend, with their action figures and BP in the middle as well.

I'm watching BP on ABC right now, commercial-free. Afterward, there is a tribute to Chadwick
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-30-2020 at 05:45 PM.
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I don't think that was staged.

I think the thing is we don't know how some of this stuff affects people.

We don't know if Black Panther was the movie to get a kid reading or helped someone through a tough patch.

Some of the littlest thing we take for granted-could mean the world to someone. So I can't fault some of the behavior.

Now a gator or some of those Twitter trolls-yeah a flag would go up.

BP was a landmark and in a 10-year span think about all the iconic roles Chadwick portrayed with such grace. From Jackie Robinson to James Brown to Thurgood Marshall and then Black Panther

He was supposed to portray Yasuke (the only known Samurai of African origins) he almost played Sugar Leonard. Chadwick Boseman was our shining star. I can't think of another actor or actress who played such ground breaking roles in the span of a decade. 30 or 40 years sure, but Chadwick condensed that to about 10 years and by all accounts had a few more hits on the way.

Hell, I'm grown but Black Panther brought out my inner child. That film was beyond a cultural phenomenon I can't really put into words. It touched on some deeper themes, especially by Marvel movie standards, but it was beyond that. My dad, one of my best friends and others who don't even like superhero films loved that film.
    The J-man

Do yall just like making 8 year olds cry lol?

not like they are on IG or FB seeing celebrity news?

And BP won't be in the movie circles for a few years now?

I'm not going to go tell my kindergartner "hey X, did you know the actor that played Black Panther just died from cancer? ok, i gotta go work out, go play with your toys" lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm irrationally angry "shuri as BP" caught so much steam already
    Ive been sounding that alarm for a minute. Sadly, with this tragic loss Marvel can effectively transition and kill off Tchalla. Not only did we lose an Amazing actor and human, but there's a chance we may lose all versions of the character in place of Shuri since the movies effect all other media representations.
    I hope this tragedy moves marvel to start treating the character with the weight and importance he deserves but I of course am pessimistic about their desire to do so. Chadwick's loss is taken as a cultural event because he perfectly represented a character (in movies and life) that speaks so deeply to us black Americans culturally who by all intents and purposes are from beautiful African nations that we know nothing about.
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-30-2020 at 07:20 PM.

We lost an Actor that was absolutely perfect for the job right before he was given a chance to settle into it. I can't imagine how good he was going to be in future films and as a representative of the character Tchalla and ideals of wakanda for our ppl. Its such a tough loss all around.

This tribute is making me cry. Really well done on such short notice

Also, there is nothing wrong with talking to your kids about this. Kids are smart and they will hear about ti one way or another its all over the news. I can't imagine how this would hit me if I was younger.

Kids idolized him. He inhabited so many iconic figures.
    The J-man

Do yall just like making 8 year olds cry lol?

not like they are on IG or FB seeing celebrity news?

And BP won't be in the movie circles for a few years now?

I'm not going to go tell my kindergartner "hey X, did you know the actor that played Black Panther just died from cancer? ok, i gotta go work out, go play with your toys" lol?
    It's odd yeah, it would be best to not say anything at all. Kids don't need to know T'Chadwick died. I feel like that can have some deep issues.

Think of it this way, the dude brought a hero that looks like them to life and they saw themselves in all this glory and splendor, now tell them the actors l who made it happen died.. to a child that sounds like "Even a super hero who looks like us dies" that's a crushing news to hear. They don't need to know it. Now would be the time to reinforce the excellence, kick Coates our bring it a powerful writer and keep the memory and inspiration of T'Chadwick going

it's all over the internet. You're not hiding it unless you lock your kid in a closet.

it's all over the news, social media, the internet, video game consoles. You can't miss it.
    The J-man

With Covid out there, you can't avoid talking about someone dying.

It's a hard conversation to have no doubt but it's something that's unavoidable. Just try to tell your kids they kind of person he was and that he was someone to emulate.

This ABC tribute is very well done, but so very sad.

I'm impressed at how quickly they were able to put this together, but I guess all these people are avilable because of the pandemic
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This ABC tribute is very well done, but so very sad.

I'm impressed at how quickly they were able to put this together, but I guess all these people are avilable because of the pandemic
    Yeah it was. Still hard to believe that it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah it was. Still hard to believe that it happened.
    It's surreal. This whole year ... just feels wrong. The roles he played were so inspirational and he was so inspirational as an actor. His passing is tremendously disheartening and depressing, especially when was poised to keep making stellar movies.

I had dreams about what BP 2, 3, and 4 would be like. Now I can't even bring myself to think that far ahead. Every couple of days or weeks feels like something terrible is happening.
    The J-man

All-New Member

Grateful to have forums like this to share grief with. RIP Chadwick Boseman and thank you for Black panther. I'm grateful to have been alive to see my comic book heroes being brought to life in such amazing ways but particularly as a black man, being around for Black Panther and Luke Cage has been a blessing. So sad and grateful at the same time.