Page 411 of 750 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 11243

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Indeed. I watched everything that night before I had to go to bed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If the Black Panther was truly as inspiring as people are acting right now... the choice to NOT recast makes no sense.

Either T'challa is so inspirational you have no choice to recast because he is thta important... or people are lying about his importance because it is popular to like him right now.

It is one or the other.
    This is why those posts piss me off so much, because them people are fake, and it's always a certain type too. "marvel should honor Chadwick by not recasting T'Challa... And move forward with Shuri taking the mantle" these people are dumb. No one shelved superman when Reeves was crippled. No one shelved joker when ledger passed. These people are acting like Black Panther in an ensemble like X-Men.

If they truly wanted to Honor Chadwick then they wouldn't let hos ground work die with him and Instead use it as the foundation, blueprint, and expectation of whomever takes up the role going forward, he set the bar high, you better come correct if your going to fill the role, and marvel will be selective AF. These people are on an agenda and it's disgusting. Honor the dude, first by NOT TALKING ABOUT FREAKING REPLACING HIM THE DAY HE FUCKING PASSED, and second take what he did and continue the inspiration and Wonder of T'Challa a d his world.

Those people on that shit are the worst and they don't care and have never cared and they were the ones calling for him to be replaced by Shuri the minute the movie dropped, they are just now changing their time to appear respectful when the request doesn't even make sense because MCU Shuri is so vastly different from comics Shuri that they ain't even the same character

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I just wonder... would YOU want to be the actor who has to fill Chadwick's boots?
    If there heart is in it and they are coming at this with the same mindset of Chadwick, I don't see the issue with someone taking the reigns and picking up and carrying the load Chadwick started. Is it a daunting task? Hell yeah it is, but it's about coming correct, and emulating T'Challa on screen and off and thinking about how your actions and moves will look going forward. Honor the man, don't let his hard work go to waste

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's like these people didn't read what Ryan Coogler said: he wrote words specifically FOR Chadwick Boseman to say for the sequel. Do you honestly want him, right now, to start all over again with another person in mind? Do they think Letitia Wright who is probably going through A LOT right now is thinking about even that film, let alone stepping into his shoes? Do you think Winston Duke wants to do it? Some of these people are just talking for talking sake.

Some are coming from the right place. They understand that T'Challa and Black Panther means a lot to people and that has to be continued on the big screen (let's face it, comics don't mean shit) somehow. But anyone talking about Storm, or Namor just wants a movie. These people did not understand the importance of Black Panther and Wakanda for the kids when Chadwick was still around, and they still don't get it.

Let Marvel, Ryan Coogler and the cast of the film lead this discussion. All these Twitter people and YouTube commentators might mean well but all they do is speculate. For goodness sake, Coogler and the cast knew Chadwick FOR REAL. He was their leader, their friend. Probably a brother to some. We're just fans. We're grieving too but it's different for them. Let alone his family too.

I have my suggestions and ideas but I don't think it's my place to talk about it right now.
    Not having T'challa means Coogler has to 100% start over.

The story has to become "who replaces T'challa"

You can't continue any of his themes from the first movie while having a replacement panther. the movie has to revolve around "who is the black panther"

Plus... you'd have to kill T'challa off. Does anyone think Coogler would want to kill off the character after the actor died on screen? That sounds morbid as hell. youd be making the audiencec relive Chadwicks death all over again
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-31-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They're going to recast another actor for T'Challa. This pushes BP 2 back some because 1) still need time to get over Boseman's death and rightfully so and 2) they need to find the right actor for the role. They make have plans for Shuri to take over somtime dow the road but I don't think that will be anytime soon.

I want them to take their time with this decision because it's the biggest one since they chose Chadwick for the role. This is too important to screw up.
    + covid pushign back plans

BP2 is 100% getting pushed backc now
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Like I said earlier, let some time pass first. Then....

If only Michael B Jordan wasn't Kilmonger. If not him then Aldis Hodge.
    I don't think MBJ would be the right move, his time as killmonger was great, and if he has a Cameo appearance then let him come back as Erik.

I saw aldis in underground and thought he was great on that. But again, this will be a meticulous process and one that will come very slow I bet

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not having T'challa means Coogler has to 100% start over.

The story has to become "who replaces T'challa"

You can't continue any of his themes from the first movie while having a replacement panther. the movie has to revolve around "who is the black panther"

Plus... you'd have to kill T'challa off. Does anyone think Coogler would want to kill off the character after the actor died on screen? That sounds morbid as hell. youd be making the audiencec relive Chadwicks death all over again
    Hence again why these people calling for Shuri to take over are fake and it's simply agenda fueled and they are likely the ones calling for it from the start. They don't see the complications of it how frakked it would be to do that, and how the entire BP sequel would have to be redone. Recasting T'Challa would change his personality somewhat on how the new person would obviously not be Chad, but they can channel his energy and plus since it takes place after the snap, you have a somewhat explanation for why his personality is different because he was fine 5 year Marvel time and Wakanda has changed since then

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't think MBJ would be the right move, his time as killmonger was great, and if he has a Cameo appearance then let him come back as Erik.

I saw aldis in underground and thought he was great on that. But again, this will be a meticulous process and one that will come very slow I bet
    Yeah, that's why I said if Jordan hadn't played Kilmonger.

I like Aldis for this because he's got acting chops, is not a household name and he's relatively young -mid 30s. But there's no rush to name a replacement however I would give it a 6 month period. You don't have to name someone publicly but you do have to get someone in to get an idea of what direction they want to go in.

Also, we don't know if Coogler would want to do another BP now. I hope he does.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Yeah, that's why I said if Jordan hadn't played Kilmonger.

I like Aldis for this because he's got acting chops, is not a household name and he's relatively young -mid 30s. But there's no rush to name a replacement however I would give it a 6 month period. You don't have to name someone publicly but you do have to get someone in to get an idea of what direction they want to go in.

Also, we don't know if Coogler would want to do another BP now. I hope he does.
    ah I didn't read that part my mistake. Yeah there are people who I think could do well, ultimately it's up to Coogler. I do hope he finishes the trilogy and tells T'Challas complete story, honoring year 3000 Chadwick. But hopefully the right person shows up thst can lift that load on time.

All-New Member

I'm often just a lurker in this forum and have happily read many a comments for so many threads and pages, but this news meant I had to post.

Sounds strange but, losing a true legend in the shape of Chadwick, really put a different lens on my birthday. Made me think how I want to live, and just as importantly be remembered.

While not in the US so didn't watch BP and the tribute live, watched the tribute and then did a BP mcu appearance marathon, and it knowing what he was going through at the time put so much more in the scenes for me. Not to mention after reading Ryan's tribute the Civil War intro had even more impact.

The world lost an amazing actor and an even better person.

Now on the whole "what happens now" nonsense debate, it is so far from the time to be thinking about the next mcu fix.

With this news and the state of the world currently, but glad I'm aligned with so many on the preferred outcome, but that is really a convo for next year at the earliest. There is no rush, so take the time to do it right.
    Just watched Grace Randolph video on it and, the fact so many can't wait to pitch Shuri in the suit, which on top of not vibing with her character, does a disservice to T'Challa and the great work Chadwick did. No one seems to mention Letita's feelings on it which screams personal agenda.
    Last edited by Shadicman; 08-31-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm not going to wade into the whole "recasting or not" debate because I find it unnecessary at this time. But I'll say that assuming Boseman discussed with the MCU's higher-ups his preferred direction for the franchise, I'll respect whatever we get in BP2 and beyond.

I'm just still shocked that this is the convo we're having, it was only a weeks ago we were talking about what our hopes were for the sequel. Knowing the pain he likely dealt with in his last years recontextualizes everything we've seen of Boseman not just in the MCU but in other stellar films like Da 5 Bloods. Dude was T'Challa in real life and I'm honored I got to see his impact on the entire world.

Burbank.

The offices of Mickey "Money" Mouse.

The mood was somber... The sad news tore through the complex stunning executives and employees alike.

Mickey reminisced over the many disputes he had in that very office about greenlighting the movie that would change the industry forever.

The back and forth battles about whether an all black movie could make bank at the office... Mickey was eventually proven wrong and accepted that reality as fact.

As the accolades piled up Mickey began to look forward to the disputes that later turned into more agreed upon collaborations as that warm smile convinced him over and over.

Every time that he graced these halls the executives and employees saluted him with crossed arms and happy nods as he strolled in swagger on 1.3 Billion.

They had another appointment today to discuss a possible new writer for the ongoing comic and where the franchise should head next particluarly the sequel.

Mickey sighed as a bike messenger walked in and had him sign for a package marked two steps ahead, three steps ahead but no return address.

Curious, Mickey opened the tightly sealed container to reveal a smooth shimmery liquid that he swore he recognized from some time ago.

Mickey: "Secretary, I'm going to take a break please hold all my calls."

The secretary nodded being overworked from having to field mutliple questions from reporters and wellwishing fans.

Mickey made his way out to the large manicured lawns and requested a shovel from one of the greens keepers who obliged him.

Frantically Mickey begin to dig a grave like hole to fit his small frame as the greens keeper eyed him oddly.

Pausing to take his breathe mickey laid inside the slot, popped open the container and drank swiftly.

Mckey: "Cover me in dirt... Right now!"

The greens keeper fearing for his job did likewise for his very higher up boss.

As the dirt landed on him one pile at a time Mickey passed out and awakened in the ancestral plane.

The purple clouded atmosphere revealed a long veldt of golden rich savannah.

There were Black Panthers eyes glowing stalking about, some on land others in trees as one spotted Mickey and strutted on over in a friendly manner.

Black Panther: "Mickey... You found me my package was delivered per my advanced specifications."

Mickey bowed down in humility almost instantly.

Mickey Mouse: "My king... I'm not ready to be without you. The Marvel universe is not ready to be without you."

Black Panther: "Mickey stand up you are a boss."

Mickey Mouse: "Why didn't you tell us, Disney has resources we could have done something..."

Black Panther: "Mickey I'm at peace now."

Mickey Mouse: "How do I thank you for all of this?"

Black Panther: "By moving on."

Mickey Mouse: "I can't the pain is..."

Black Panther: "It will pass in time and you will make the right decisions moving forward."

Mickey Mouse: "People are hurting out there... We miss you BRO!"

Black Panther smiled that engaging smile that won hearts over worldwide.

Mickey Mouse: "Don't you do that let me have my grief... Frakking smile of yours made me billions."

The Black Panther smiled even more even letting out a chuckle.

Mickey wiped a tear that trickled down his face...

Mickey Mouse: "Two steps ahead of your enemies..."

Black Panther: "Three steps ahead of your friends."

Mickey Mouse hugged his one time friend/foe and turned to walk away with his head down arms crossed over his chest.

Mickey Mouse: "Wakanda Forever!"

Black Panther: "I will hold you to that... Goodbye old friend."

Mickey strolled off into the distance more energetic and with a raised black fist in the air.

Mickey Mouse: "Yibambe... Yibambe... Yibambe..."

Fade to black...

Fade to Black Panther...
    Get Hectic!

That whole cast must feel like they're in a nightmare they can't wake up from.

As for Michael B. Jordan's words...I believe him. heck I never met the man and I'll do the same.