Page 413 of 750 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Here’s a flashback from over six years ago from when the man was first revealed to the world as the Black Panther.

I will never forget the seeing this for the first time and getting kind of misty eyed at the significance of the casting. Sure, there had already been black superheroes before like Wesley Snipes Blade, and heck Falcon already was a thing in the MCU before, but we got official news for the casting of the first black superhero ever created, and he was going to headline his own film. I’ll never forget this moment for the rest of my days.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-01-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I really doubt he would want, "kill the character off because I am dead." Dude seemed rather selfless
    It's hard to say.

I would agree he wouldn't necessarily want his character killed off because he was dead. But I also don't think he would necessarily be against Letitia becoming Black Panther.

I would imagine he would have enough trust in Cooglers vision to do whatever he felt was right for the character and franchise.

Here's the problem with Letitia becoming Black Panther. She won't be BP for very long. 1 maybe 2 movies at the most and then she will be replaced.

How does that help her? You'll have a lot of fans pissed off that she was replaced and then fans will be divided. Let her continue to become her own character and develop as Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Here's the problem with Letitia becoming Black Panther. She won't be BP for very long. 1 maybe 2 movies at the most and then she will be replaced.

How does that help her? You'll have a lot of fans pissed off that she was replaced and then fans will be divided. Let her continue to become her own character and develop as Shuri.
    Theoretically she can be BP as long as she and marvel want her to be. How marvel handles Iron Man, Thor and Captain America might be a blue print of sorts in regard to how legacy characters are handled. It's going to be an issue moving foreward.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Theoretically she can be BP as long as she and marvel want her to be. How marvel handles Iron Man, Thor and Captain America might be a blue print of sorts in regard to how legacy characters are handled. It's going to be an issue moving foreward.
    Yes we get all that, thank you.

Theoretically she doesn't have to be BP at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes we get all that, thank you.

Theoretically she doesn't have to be BP at all.

Absolutely true. Like I said, Coogler and Fiege can do whatever they are comfortable with and I'm sure it will be fine either way.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    It's not just T'challa that's was a big hit, It's the all the characters in the black panther movie was huge hits. That's why bp was better than all the other solo films. They can recast or move on to Shuri, Both can work well.
    All the characters were huge his but that doesn't happen without T'challa. Recast the role, Shuri is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel2100

This. Disney Princess Shuri is not the Shuri that originally appeared in the comics. And even if she was you have a vast silent majority that feel that Black Panther is a male. Marvel needs to lay low and let everyone grieve and then when the time is right introduce the new actor. I nominate John David Washington.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-01-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Seems like there were plans to reveal Black Panther for Marvel's Avengers but Square Enix may have changed that out of respect for Chadwick Boseman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Seems like there were plans to reveal Black Panther for Marvel's Avengers but Square Enix may have changed that out of respect for Chadwick Boseman.

Man, I just don't get this line of thinking

"Out of respect for Chadwick, we are going to shelve plans on the character he helped popularize"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"Out of respect for Chadwick, we are going to shelve plans on the character he helped popularize"
    Though I don't agree with that line of thinking either, to play devil's advocate I suppose one might argue it looks like they are exploiting Bosemans death to try and get greater attention for the game. Again, don't agree with that thought process at all as I'm certain all this stuff was planned long before anyone knew about Boseman... BUT they might fear that's how it looks to some and just want to lay low for a bit.

I agree though... if that's the thought process it's probably a bit silly.

Astonishing Member

I think it’s probably a matter of putting proper respect on Boseman by including some sort of tribute alongside the reveal. The best they could do with the time they had was a small moment of silence pic when they probably wanted to do something more grand.

Plus for some it would’ve been distasteful to reveal T’Challa so soon. And more cynically they could use the time they have now to spruce up his graphics and gameplay. I don’t necessarily like that they shelved T’Challa but I get it.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-01-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I don't agree with that line of thinking either, to play devil's advocate I suppose one might argue it looks like they are exploiting Bosemans death to try and get greater attention for the game. Again, don't agree with that thought process at all as I'm certain all this stuff was planned long before anyone knew about Boseman... BUT they might fear that's how it looks to some and just want to lay low for a bit.

I agree though... if that's the thought process it's probably a bit silly.
    This game is already exploiting people through DLC and everyone knows it. Any search on the game will you that. It's EA we already know that they are going to exploit the players, it's what they do lol.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I kind of understand as it might seem off-putting in a way that Square Enix/Marvel might come off as trying to capitalize on Chadwick's death by showing BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This game is already exploiting people through DLC and everyone knows it. Any search on the game will you that. It's EA we already know that they are going to exploit the players, it's what they do lol.
    It's a Square Enix game, and as a rabid FFXIV player the only potentially price gougey thing will probably be cosmetics.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate