Page 414 of 750 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's a Square Enix game, and as a rabid FFXIV player the only potentially price gougey thing will probably be cosmetics.
    Thanks for the correction! I must have had EA on the brain after the whole Sims Batu and Madden fallout.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Absolutely true. Like I said, Coogler and Fiege can do whatever they are comfortable with and I'm sure it will be fine either way.
    So basically you're agreeing to disagree with...yourself??? Bro, the thought of replacing T'Challa with Shuri was trash back when Hudlin did it and it would be uber-trash if they even thought of doing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So basically you're agreeing to disagree with...yourself??? Bro, the thought of replacing T'Challa with Shuri was trash back when Hudlin did it and it would be uber-trash if they even thought of doing it now.
    I'm not agreeing to disagree with anything. I'm simply saying it works either way. Its just a matter of what direction Coogler and Fiege want to go in.

As far as Hudlin making Shuri BP being trash ... I get the complaints but I thought it worked. Didn't hurt Tchalla, while turning Shuri into a viable character on her own.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-01-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Here's the problem with Letitia becoming Black Panther. She won't be BP for very long. 1 maybe 2 movies at the most and then she will be replaced.

How does that help her? You'll have a lot of fans pissed off that she was replaced and then fans will be divided. Let her continue to become her own character and develop as Shuri.
    Where are those fans??

Nothing says she ahs to stay as BP. You write in a way that she does it because it felt right at the time and then over those 1-2 movies-she doesn't need to be BP and wants to be herself. Let a 3rd (or 2nd) one be where we see a new BP chosen via Wakanda traditions.

She is just doing what her brother did when Dad was killed. Only this time she changes her mind and realizes she's more helpful as Shuri not BP. She is not her brother.

If they wanted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Where are those fans??

Nothing says she ahs to stay as BP. You write in a way that she does it because it felt right at the time and then over those 1-2 movies-she doesn't need to be BP and wants to be herself. Let a 3rd (or 2nd) one be where we see a new BP chosen via Wakanda traditions.

She is just doing what her brother did when Dad was killed. Only this time she changes her mind and realizes she's more helpful as Shuri not BP. She is not her brother.

Tchalla is a comic book character. Its not a mantle so much as its a character. Replacing him with ANYONE is going to be poorly received and poorly done.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Absolutely true. Like I said, Coogler and Fiege can do whatever they are comfortable with and I'm sure it will be fine either way.
    See here's the thing, as by Ryan's own words T'Chadwick was very measured in every scene, ensuring Even the smallest nuanced detail's were noted. Dude was in the year 3000s. Mcu Shuri is not comic Shuri, they are completely different. She didn't train her entire life to be BP or Queen, she tinker's on a lab and has shown zero interest in ruling. She doesn't have the warrior spirit like she does in the comics, that was on purpose. Like I said in my earlier posts, if the plan was to have Shuri take over EG was the perfect place to show the seed. Had she been alive, it would of allowed her to not only age up to about 21-22 isht, but then also get experience under her belt with running a country. But she was snapped with T'Challa. So what makes people think she is going to take over when that would essentially be a repeat of the first movie for absolutely no reason at all. The mantle can be passed down but this is T'Challas mythos

Where are those fans??
    The people who immediately thought "Finally Shuri as Black Panther!" before Boseman had been gone even 24 hours?

The great irony is they're not thinking she'll be BP temporarily till the next person, that part is never in their proclamations, ever.

If SHE wants to do that, you mean. Or should mean. Cause another irony is they're not treating her like a human being, just in the opposite direction. Her involvement continuing without her brother (and she did consider him a brother) seems to be a foregone conclusion like she doesn't have a mind of her own and may decide without Chadwick she's done.

Astonishing Member

Where are those fans??

Really not trying to get involved in the whole recasting convo but just wanted to point out this would get IMMEDIATE blow back from certain portions of the audience. There's already people implying that if Shuri doesn't get the mantle Disney is going through hoops to not give a black woman her due.

If Shuri takes the mantle she'll have to keep it until Leticia Wright is done with the MCU. Otherwise there'll be complaints "Disney dashed the hopes of millions of black girls" and that "once again a qualified black woman was pushed aside in favor of a black man". Either Shuri gets the mantle and keeps it for two films or she doesn't get it until she does a complete trilogy, anything else is just asking for think pieces and controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, I just don't get this line of thinking

"Out of respect for Chadwick, we are going to shelve plans on the character he helped popularize"
    It's that same ass backwards mindset of the people trying to say don't recast T'Challa. Its not honoring Chadwick by letting all his hard work and dedication die with him quite the opposite really as it appears like they are trying to erase it. I mean when has letting something positive end with the person who started it ever worked? Did they do that isht mlk of malcolm x? No? So why do it here for a man who inspired million's and an entire next generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    See here's the thing, as by Ryan's own words T'Chadwick was very measured in every scene, ensuring Even the smallest nuanced detail's were noted. Dude was in the year 3000s. Mcu Shuri is not comic Shuri, they are completely different. She didn't train her entire life to be BP or Queen, she tinker's on a lab and has shown zero interest in ruling. She doesn't have the warrior spirit like she does in the comics, that was on purpose. Like I said in my earlier posts, if the plan was to have Shuri take over EG was the perfect place to show the seed. Had she been alive, it would of allowed her to not only age up to about 21-22 isht, but then also get experience under her belt with running a country. But she was snapped with T'Challa. So what makes people think she is going to take over when that would essentially be a repeat of the first movie for absolutely no reason at all. The mantle can be passed down but this is T'Challas mythos
    The fact that she wasn't prepared for this and didn't even necessarily want it is exactly why it's not a repeat of the first movie. She's not Tchalla and would have a very different character arc.

It's a viable story to tell if Coogler wants to tell it. Or not. Again, he has options.

Regarding the Avengers game, I've no doubt BP will be added in, and probably sooner rather than later. But announcing that right now, this week? Yeah, some people would see that as being opportunistic. If nothing else, give the developers a week to make a "In loving memory to a tremendous actor....we bring you King T'Challa!" video to go along with the character reveal. That way it looks like a thoughtful tribute instead of using Chadwick's death to hype your product.

I mean, I wouldn't have been upset if EA had announced BP today, personally. I could use some good news, honestly. And they certainly had this stuff lined up well before Chadwick passed so it's just a case of horrible timing and not heartless business opportunism. But I get why they might hold off on that announcement for a minute.

Regarding Shuri taking over the mantle.....I still feel like it's too soon to be getting into the possibilities but this discussion should probably start with whether Wright even wants to headline the franchise. She might have no interest in taking that step. Not to mention Coogler and what he might want.

I really doubt he would want, "kill the character off because I am dead." Dude seemed rather selfless
    I'm inclined to agree. But I didn't know the man. I'd assume he talked about all this with his family; he must have at least considered the possibility of not living to fulfill his contract. And he seemed like a great guy who would want the legacy of the Panther to out-live him, to ensure kids (and grown up kids) can always be inspired by the Panther and his world. But I don't know what Chadwick might have wanted in regards to T'Challa and I won't presume to guess. We'll just have to put our trust in Fiege, Coogler, and the Boseman family and have faith that, whatever the Studio ends up doing, they'll respect not only the character but Chadwick as well.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-01-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Where are those fans??

If Marvel makes Shuri the next BP you'll have fans for and against that move. She will be BP for about 2 movies and then replaced.

Those fans that supported the move will be pissed that Marvel made the change and probably won't want to watch again.

How does that help her and where does she go from here? One step forward and 3 steps back.

If they wanted to make her BP in movies further down the road then maybe. But right now, they gotta be rethinking their whole BP movie strategy and it's best to start with re-casting the role.

There’s no easy choice. You can replace T’Challa with Shuri but I would prefer they recasted T’Challa (John David Washington would be a good choice) or replace him with either Kasper Cole or maybe give T’Challa a secret son with Nadia who takes over the mantle. I think a black man helming the Black Panther franchise was a big part of the success and I’d prefer to see that continue. Black women will have Riri taking over the Iron Man franchise as Ironheart if the rumors are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s no easy choice. You can replace T’Challa with Shuri but I would prefer they recasted T’Challa (John David Washington would be a good choice) or replace him with either Kasper Cole or maybe give T’Challa a secret son with Nadia who takes over the mantle. I think a black man helming the Black Panther franchise was a big part of the success and I’d prefer to see that continue. Black women will have Riri taking over the Iron Man franchise as Ironheart if the rumors are correct.
    There's a lot of potential options. Making Shuri BP. Introducing Kasper Cole. I've even heard a few fun theories with a redeemed Killmonger. And of course simply recasting.

Its definitely a tough decision which will get criticism no matter what.

As much as I hate talking about recasting a character due to tragic reasons, I think it's the next logical step to take in honouring Chadwick and the BP chracter as a whole. Heath Ledger had the best potrayal of the joker on the silver screen but that didn't mean Joaquin Phoenix couldn't play the Joker in future movies. Basically I would welcome another actor to play the character of T'Challa and honour Chadwick who was the person that created the foundation, importance and impact the character had so that others could take on the role of BP similar to how Reeves laid the foundation for others to play Superman in future movies.

As for my pick, I would choose Y'Lan Noel.