Page 415 of 750 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    As much as I hate talking about recasting a character due to tragic reasons, I think it's the next logical step to take in honouring Chadwick and the BP chracter as a whole. Heath Ledger had the best potrayal of the joker on the silver screen but that didn't mean Joaquin Phoenix couldn't play the Joker in future movies. Basically I would welcome another actor to play the character of T'Challa and honour Chadwick who was the person that created the foundation, importance and impact the character had so that others could take on the role of BP similar to how Reeves laid the foundation for others to play Superman in future movies.

As for my pick, I would choose Y'Lan Noel.
    Marvels casting for the MCU overall has been pretty phenominal. If they go the route of recasting T'Challa (or if they go a different route and decide to cast a Kasper Cole), I'm pretty confident whoever they choose will be able to handle the role. That said, I feel almost bad for the person stepping into those shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Really not trying to get involved in the whole recasting convo but just wanted to point out this would get IMMEDIATE blow back from certain portions of the audience. There's already people implying that if Shuri doesn't get the mantle Disney is going through hoops to not give a black woman her due.

If Shuri takes the mantle she'll have to keep it until Leticia Wright is done with the MCU. Otherwise there'll be complaints "Disney dashed the hopes of millions of black girls" and that "once again a qualified black woman was pushed aside in favor of a black man". Either Shuri gets the mantle and keeps it for two films or she doesn't get it until she does a complete trilogy, anything else is just asking for think pieces and controversy.
    In the end, Disney is a business. Huge business. Huge business that is hurting a bit.

I don't see them taking their billion dollar, merch powerhouse franchise and giving the keys to it to Letita's Shuri.

That would be... bold as ****. You'd have to have Denzel as the villain to try and counter balance a bit.

Not to mention you'd have to show T'challa die on screen. Who wants to see that now? You'd immediately think of Chadwick.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    What is this?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is this?
    BP logo from the Avengers game
    Last edited by Dboi654; 09-01-2020 at 02:42 PM.

In the end, Disney is a business. Huge business. Huge business that is hurting a bit.

I don't see them taking their billion dollar, merch powerhouse franchise and giving the keys to it to Letita's Shuri.

That would be... bold as ****. You'd have to have Denzel as the villain to try and counter balance a bit.

Not to mention you'd have to show T'challa die on screen. Who wants to see that now? You'd immediately think of Chadwick.
    I imagine that's the problem they had to deal with when Carrie Fisher died prior to Rise of Skywalker. It's a tricky issue you have to balance as respectfully as possible.

But as far as marvel being a business... at this point I think marvels brand name alone is enough to carry a BP movie to sucess, regardless of whether Letita or a new actor is cast in the role. A Coogler directed BP movie will almost certainly do very well regardless of the circumstances.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't understand the angst and misery and emotional gymnastics. Recasting Black Panther is inevitable. (I personally wouldn't mind Shuri as the female BP...it's in canon)
    It's not the first time an actor has died and had to be replaced with an actor as the same character...I remember The Crow.
    Yes, It might be difficult given what Chadwick brought to the role but...it will have to be done.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-01-2020 at 02:30 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I imagine that's the problem they had to deal with when Carrie Fisher died prior to Rise of Skywalker. It's a tricky issue you have to balance as respectfully as possible.

But as far as marvel being a business... at this point I think marvels brand name alone is enough to carry a BP movie to sucess, regardless of whether Letita or a new actor is cast in the role. A Coogler directed BP movie will almost certainly do very well regardless of the circumstances.
    Totally different comparison. Carrie Fisher although a fan fave, was a supporting character, not the main star and they didn't replace her. They had enough unused footage to scatter throughout the movie plus the used the cgi modelling. Not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Totally different comparison. Carrie Fisher although a fan fave, was a supporting character, not the main star and they didn't replace her. They had enough unused footage to scatter throughout the movie plus the used the cgi modelling. Not the same.
    My comparrison was in refernce to having Leia die on screen. If T'Challa hypothetically were to die on screen too, then yes it would remind people of Boseman the same way Leia death no doubt reminded people of of Carrie Fishers death. If they go that route (and I'm only saying IF), the situations potentially would be very comparable. T'Challa in such a situation would likely NOT be the main character... you can only do so much with CGI and additional footage. It would probably mostly be some special effects for another Lion King afterlife scene. Again, we're only speaking hypothetically if we had to show T'Challa die in the movie. It's doable... but tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    (I personally wouldn't mind Shuri as the female BP...it's in canon)
    comic Shuri isn't canon to the MCU really

MCU shuri only shares the name and is T'challa's sister (instead of half sister)
    '
    they are nothing alike

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My comparrison was in refernce to having Leia die on screen. If T'Challa hypothetically were to die on screen too, then yes it would remind people of Boseman the same way Leia death no doubt reminded people of of Carrie Fishers death. If they go that route (and I'm only saying IF), the situations potentially would be very comparable. T'Challa in such a situation would likely NOT be the main character... you can only do so much with CGI and additional footage. It would probably mostly be some special effects for another Lion King afterlife scene. Again, we're only speaking hypothetically if we had to show T'Challa die in the movie. It's doable... but tricky.
    It was easier to do Leia because she wasn't the main character and Lucasfilm is not returning to the Skywalker saga unlike Marvel Studios who has future plans for BP.

MCU shuri only shares the name and is T'challa's sister (instead of half sister)
    '
    they are nothing alike
    MCU Jane isn't a whole lot like the comic version, and she'll ended up carrying the hammer around regardless.

The arguement that the MCU doesn't have to follow the comics is 100% valid. But in the least, the source material is enough of a reason to justify Shuri being in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It was easier to do Leia because she wasn't the main character and Lucasfilm is not returning to the Skywalker saga unlike Marvel Studios who has future plans for BP.
    I would certainly agree dealing with Leia will be easier than Coolger dealing with the loss of Boseman. Regardess of how it handles it, be it Shuri or Kasper Cole or Killmonger or recasting, it's likely going to be a very difficult transition. That said, I'm less worried about Coogler ability to handle it than I am the inevitable backlash of whatever he decides to do, since unfortunately I do think there will be a backlash regardless of what route he takes. Though I also believe it will be very very sucessful regardless of what route he takes, so the backlash really won't mean anthing when all is said and done. But we'll see.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

'
    they are nothing alike
    All the more reason why it's a good plot direction (on many levels...not the least of which is having a Black Female Lead carrying a movie) to take...so that we can get a Shuri that's a composite of the two. I liked MCU Shuri and I liked Hudlin's Shuri. A good writer good combine the two.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Representation matters and Shuri being a woman and a black super hero lead mhnnm

Troubleshooting 101-

As the son of a mother who once owned and ran her own theater company the motto of "the show must go on" resonates with me on this topic!

Whether an actor showed up or was late to curtain call there was always an understudy to step in to keep the flow going!

On many ocasions I had to leave my sound and lightning gig and step on stage to fill in for an actor that either quit or got caught in traffic so I generally remembered as many lines as I could just in case!

However, Chadwick Boseman's death has created a void that will be difficult to fill no matter what direction Disney takes!

My gut instincts tell me that switching Mahershala Ali out of the Blade franchise into the bigger and better Black Panther franchise is the way to go but a good friend of mine said he would not mind if Yahya Abdul-Mateen (Aquaman's Black Manta) stepped in!

Either actor is obviously in great shape and has the street cred to do it but like replacing Princess Liea who is the definitive ideal for the role is still an unfair situation for the both of them!

Letitia Wright could very well do the job but then you have to tie up loose ends and have Chadwick die yet a third time (Killmonger and Thanos snap) on screen to make this work logically!

The other option is to let the rest of this phase of Marvel play out without Black Panther and run the clock out with the finalized trilogies of Spiderman, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy and reboot later with younger cast members while also introducing The Fantastic Four and X-men!

Evans and Downey Jr are out by default so what's left is franchises that may not guarantee the billion dollar box offices that will need to sustain Disney post pandemic!

I don't think Eternals and Shang Chi are necessarily barnstormers and Black Widow is a one off considering her fate in Endgame!

Disney has to make up that 70 billion price tag for buying Fox and has lost revenue with the closures of their theme parks plus they are splitting profits with Sony on Spiderman!

Black Panther exiting the portal in Endgame was a huge reveal but Boseman's passing away is catastrophic for writers trying to follow such a huge mic drop!

Gathering twenty plus year old actors in a full Marvel reboot and starting over a few years later down the line can relieve the pressure for any actor having to answer questions about Boseman!

Face it after Thanos snap even Galactus and Dr Doom are not nearly as threatening unless they destory everybody beyond just 50% of all life!

A full reboot gives everybody a breather and a fresh start and allows the pain to subside as new younger energy gets their footing like Tom Holland did with Spiderman!

No matter what Disney does this is not their fault so forgiveness will have to be given up front whatever they do!

AND... I am not offended by them banking off of Chadwick or Carrie Fisher's likeness as that is what they signed up for and it immortalizes them for a long time!

"The Show Must Go On"
    Get Hectic!