Page 416 of 750 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 11243

BP/T’Challa should be recast. To honor Chadwick imo marvel should have T’Challa in comics & other media to be drawn/depiction to look like Chadwick & to go step Further Further I’d have a elsewhere Panther & on of ancestors T’Challa in 616 ( since we kno marvel with never let him have kids main Universe universe) look like a older version of Chadwick aswell. Then if/when they want to stop or use less of Chadwicks image as a reference that those characters would be be around/evil to be used as tribute to him.

People need to stop. Chadwick passed yes, but T'Challa didn't. People gotta realize that, Chadwick didn't create the character but brought him to life on the nig screen, honor that legacy and continue THE BLACK PANTHER mythos (Which the BP mythos is focused around and is about T'Challa, not Wakanda). BP isn't an ensemble like x men. I understand that black women want representation but you don't do that by hijacking the BP mythos. I swear this is only ever a thing for Black Male protagonists, that they are trying to be replaced constantly. No one would expect batgirl/batwoman or supergirl to take over the Batman or Superman franchises of something happened to the actors so why must this always be a thing for Black characters? It gets old and it reeks of an agenda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    BP/T’Challa should be recast. To honor Chadwick imo marvel should have T’Challa in comics & other media to be drawn/depiction to look like Chadwick & to go step Further Further I’d have a elsewhere Panther & on of ancestors T’Challa in 616 ( since we kno marvel with never let him have kids main Universe universe) look like a older version of Chadwick aswell. Then if/when they want to stop or use less of Chadwicks image as a reference that those characters would be be around/evil to be used as tribute to him.
    To my surprise DC gave Aquaman a kid so maybe there’s hope for T’Challa. But that requires having a love interest outside Storm so it’s still unlikely

Thankfully when the X-Men come around and Ororo gets paired with Wolverine or Forge the BP-Storm ship can die in the comics. That’ll be the best MCU synergy the franchise will ever get, mark my words lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My comparrison was in refernce to having Leia die on screen. If T'Challa hypothetically were to die on screen too, then yes it would remind people of Boseman the same way Leia death no doubt reminded people of of Carrie Fishers death. If they go that route (and I'm only saying IF), the situations potentially would be very comparable. T'Challa in such a situation would likely NOT be the main character... you can only do so much with CGI and additional footage. It would probably mostly be some special effects for another Lion King afterlife scene. Again, we're only speaking hypothetically if we had to show T'Challa die in the movie. It's doable... but tricky.
    Yeaaah your saying to sideline the character the mythos is focused around and to go a step further and kill them off on screen, and to try and soften the blow by making them the supporting character... Didn't we see a title character get sidelined in his own movie? What was that again... Blade trinity.. how'd that work out again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    People need to stop. Chadwick passed yes, but T'Challa didn't. People gotta realize that, Chadwick didn't create the character but brought him to life on the nig screen, honor that legacy and continue THE BLACK PANTHER mythos (Which the BP mythos is focused around and is about T'Challa, not Wakanda). BP isn't an ensemble like x men. I understand that black women want representation but you don't do that by hijacking the BP mythos. I swear this is only ever a thing for Black Male protagonists, that they are trying to be replaced constantly. No one would expect batgirl/batwoman or supergirl to take over the Batman or Superman franchises of something happened to the actors so why must this always be a thing for Black characters? It gets old and it reeks of an agenda
    White women aren't as starved for representation as black women are so there's not nearly as much push for them to supplant traditionally white male heroes. Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, etc. all have well defined stories and roles independent of their male counterparts. Shuri has only ever been relevant when she was Black Panther and has never transitioned into being anything more than the heir apparent to T'Challa (with the Coates stuff being too recent and poorly executed).

Plus Superman and Batman are also gender specific titles. Black Panther is a royal title anyone can claim provided they have the skill. If T'Challa were called Pantherman or something this probably wouldn't be as much of a conversation. And since the chances of a Monica Rambeau or Vixen trilogy are next to 0, the only viable option for a black female-led superhero film is Shuri Black Panther or Blade's daughter. It is an agenda, one rooted in understandable frustrations about representation, but an agenda nonetheless. People are desperate for black girls to get the same excitement black boys got out of T'Challa and Shuri's really the only option.

Yeaaah your saying to sideline the character the mythos is focused around and to go a step further and kill them off on screen, and to try and soften the blow by making them the supporting character... Didn't we see a title character get sidelined in his own movie? What was that again... Blade trinity.. how'd that work out again?
    I didn't say he needs to killed on screen... someone else mentioned it, and I simply said if that happens similar to Leia it would have to be done in a sensitive manner.

But certainly there is a question mark about Legacy characters and their ability to carry a franchise. We're seeing that with Captain America, Thor, and likely Iron Man replacing the originals. I do think the marvel brand is strong enough to where this can be done successfully, but we'll see. Hopefully Feige (and Coogler if he goes that route) will handle it better than Blade.

Get Hectic!

INFINITE days my "G" Brothers catch it from everyone, like 24/7! That's what made Chadwick, and his role as T'Challa so powerful! A strong black male hero was let loose in all his might! Quite simply he dominated, period! Now all the agents coming out of the woodwork wanting to mute the image and presence! Naw fam, T'Challa was, is, and will be THE Black Panther!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...heim-ntp-feeds

Whoopi Goldberg urging Disney to do a Black Panther inspired theme park in honor of Chadwick.

That would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Representation matters and Shuri being a woman and a black super hero lead mhnnm
    Representation matters and T'challa being a man and a black super hero lead mhnnm
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Representation matters and Shuri being a woman and a black super hero lead mhnnm
    But it's not her franchise to lead. Chadwick dying isn't a T'Challa dying. Again people need to stop trying to let Chad's hard work die with him under the guise of "honoring his memory" you do it by continuing what he was striving for, not letting it die and then going a different route that requires a lot of hamfisted changes. Plus if that's the case why aren't people pushing for that Storm Solo? You want to know the REAL reason? Its the same as why people pushed for doom or Namor or show up. Because BP rolled in 1.3 billy, if he did ant man numbers and was just a okay movie, people probably would be looking elsewhere.

Use BP as an example and a push for more representation, instead of trying to hijack it's sucess and use it as their own. That is not going to get the results. In these tributes there was a bit that Chadwick was trying to avoid the whole one Black person filling a role and having everyone exist in the same space instead of trying to take it over
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 09-01-2020 at 07:29 PM.

I'm less worried about Coogler ability to handle it than I am the inevitable backlash of whatever he decides to do
    True, there will be ranting and raving no matter what happens. Movie comes out too fast? Or too slow? People gonna bitch. Movie re-casts T'Challa or uses M'Baku or Shuri or who the hell ever? People gonna bitch. And there's no perfect solution here that's gonna make everyone happy.

But hey, what's new? Did we all forget the boycotts against the first film? People trying to tank review sites without even seeing the movie? Black Panther was at the center of a sh*t storm the first time, and walked out as a new global icon with a billion in its pocket.

Losing Chadwick f*cking sucks. For so many reasons. But he, Coogler, the rest of the cast, and Marvel rose above the noise and made the haters look like fools. I expect nothing less from the sequel.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    True, there will be ranting and raving no matter what happens. Movie comes out too fast? Or too slow? People gonna bitch. Movie re-casts T'Challa or uses M'Baku or Shuri or who the hell ever? People gonna bitch. And there's no perfect solution here that's gonna make everyone happy.

But hey, what's new? Did we all forget the boycotts against the first film? People trying to tank review sites without even seeing the movie? Black Panther was at the center of a sh*t storm the first time, and walked out as a new global icon with a billion in its pocket.

Losing Chadwick f*cking sucks. For so many reasons. But he, Coogler, the rest of the cast, and Marvel rose above the noise and made the haters look like fools. I expect nothing less from the sequel.
    Yeah, I think internet complaining aside there's not much to legitimately worry about. At this point basically all the MCU movies do pretty well, and there's no reason whatsoever to assume BP 2 will be any different. It won't be EXACTLY what everyone necessarily wants... but it almost certainly will be a sucessful movie. Regardless of whether it's headlined by Shuri of Kasper Cole or Killmonger or some actor we've never even heard of taking on the habit, this movie likely will be a massive hit. So in that respect, we don't have much to worry about regardless of what Coogler decides to do.

Mighty Member

If T'Challa is not the main protagonist in BP2 I'll just rent.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

But as far as marvel being a business... at this point I think marvels brand name alone is enough to carry a BP movie to sucess.
    Depending on the company's brand name to carry the property worked so well with Star Wars! It's stronger than ever, at no point did the person running Lucasfilm say that they had to step back for awhile as other franchises have stuff coming in the next 10 years.
    https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020...-is-going.html
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest