Page 448 of 750 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Does it really need to be set in Wakanda though?

I was thinking of a BP video game based on "The Client' story arc with new elements, enemies integrated into the game which would also include the Wakandan embassy and Outreach centres around the city serving as safehouses/hubs.
    If you wanna make it something more than a reskinned spider man, yeah.

But also... why not both, shadow of war style?

It seems NOT using Wakanda would be weird missed opportunity to add uniqueness to the game.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by VantaBlack View Post
    Although I did like them glowing in that bluish hue on Hickman's New Avengers run. For me, the Ultimates gave the absolute best rendition of the eye glow with this Rocafort gem
    Attachment 100421
    Hands down. Rocaforts BP art is my absolute favorite of all. The details he out into the face, eyes and habit is stellar. I love his actual panther face design as it doesnt look lazy like some other that make his face more panther like. And I drew my own version of rocaforts as I was inspired by it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I have two problems with the whole "Elder God" thing.

The first is the phrase "It is said". It's semantically equivalent to "people say", and tends to be used for rumors, legends, and Chuck Norris facts. =)

The other is the simple fact that a handful of issues later, Bast expected that N'Jadaka wanted to "shed his mortal coil" and become a god. At no time was it stated, suggested, or even hinted that he had divine heritage:

Or is having a Klyntar symbiote enough to make up for the lack? If that's the case, they are practically giving divinity away...
    I don’t know, Coates has a very non-explicit, overly Shakespearean way of writing. The fact Shuri, the living repository of Wakandan history said “it is said” makes me think we should just take it as fact. And if we did it does actually gel with what we knew of the gods prior to his retcons. At the very least I’d say it’s debatable.

I don’t think in that scene Bast was expecting N’Jadaka to ascend, I think she was laying out his motives with a full understanding that he couldn’t. The way that entire conversation was framed I think was to demonstrate that Killmonger wanted the power of the gods and could only do so by stealing it, hence why despite already having the faith of the Wakandan people he still needed to siphon off the power of an actual god. We know he’s just a man, if all it took to become a god was the undying fanaticism of his people, there’d be no reason for him to meet an Orisha and use a symbiote to take their power.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-07-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Does it really need to be set in Wakanda though?

I was thinking of a BP video game based on "The Client' story arc with new elements, enemies integrated into the game which would also include the Wakandan embassy and Outreach centres around the city serving as safehouses/hubs.
    A Black Panther game without Wakanda is like a Spider-man game set outside New York or a Thor game without the 9 Realms. Why wouldn’t you have a story set in one of the most distinctive and interesting locations in the MU? For most people Wakanda is half of what makes T’Challa interesting. I do think incorporating elements of “The Client” would work, but it’d have to be limited to brief trips to embassies and outreach centers for information gathering, shutting down foreign operations, etc. Developers could still give it that global feel, but focus more on T’Challa dealing with the ramifications of opening Wakanda in actual Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If be down for something like this. I love rts games
    Dude, give me a good RTS game with a tight Skirmish mode and I'll be playing for hours on hours.

I've played nearly every version of Command & Conquer(game play sucked but it was still fun). Halo: ODST is far better than C&C but the best, most intelligent RTS game by far to me is Warzone 2100.

But back to BP. Any BP-themed game that doesn't include Wakanda is a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Dude, give me a good RTS game with a tight Skirmish mode and I'll be playing for hours on hours.

I've played nearly every version of Command & Conquer(game play sucked but it was still fun). Halo: ODST is far better than C&C but the best, most intelligent RTS game by far to me is Warzone 2100.

But back to BP. Any BP-themed game that doesn't include Wakanda is a miss.
    Do you mean Halo wars? Halo odst was essentially halo bit as a regular human. I thoroughly enjoy Halo wars and had I not sold my xbox for a switch, I would of played the crap out of halo wars two

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A Black Panther game without Wakanda is like a Spider-man game set outside New York or a Thor game without the 9 Realms. Why wouldn’t you have a story set in one of the most distinctive and interesting locations in the MU? For most people Wakanda is half of what makes T’Challa interesting. I do think incorporating elements of “The Client” would work, but it’d have to be limited to brief trips to embassies and outreach centers for information gathering, shutting down foreign operations, etc. Developers could still give it that global feel, but focus more on T’Challa dealing with the ramifications of opening Wakanda in actual Wakanda.
    The reason why I said that is because Wakanda is regarded as a utopian society where the crime rate is low, society is flourishing and any form of threat is automatically eradicated due to its high level of technology so creating a game where T'Challa fights bad guys in his homeland kind of defeats the purpose of what Wakanda is but that's just my take on it.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me if they go either way.

The reason why I said that is because Wakanda is regarded as a utopian society where the crime rate is low, society is flourishing and any form of threat is automatically eradicated due to its high level of technology so creating a game where T'Challa fights bad guys in his homeland kind of defeats the purpose of what Wakanda is but that's just my take on it.

It's the super hero genre... there's gotta be bad guys everywhere. It doesn't need to be like Spider-Man or Batman, where T'Challa potentially is punching out a bank robber or a picket pocket around every corner, but there can and should be bad guys for him to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Do you mean Halo wars? Halo odst was essentially halo bit as a regular human. I thoroughly enjoy Halo wars and had I not sold my xbox for a switch, I would of played the crap out of halo wars two
    Yeah, I had both games and I usually mix the names up.

My brother is a far bigger gamer than me so when his X-Box died a few years ago, I gave him mine. Right now I don't have any consoles but I was thinking about getting a PS4 at some point.

You don't need bad guys in Wakanda and a BP game shouldn't be a game where T'Challa is fighting bank robbers and muggers.

The game should be about BP and Wakanda defending itself from outside threats.

Astonishing Member

That makes sense but I think at a certain point compromises need to be made for the sake of the game. As long as the narrative clearly communicates that under normal circumstances Wakanda would never be dealing with a bunch of villains within its borders I think you can find a way to make it work. But the idea of traveling outside the kingdom is really important just to give T’Challa that international scope and make it so that he’s not only dealing with issues within Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm not into gaming like I used to be but I'd do a War of Kings game with these characters:

Black Panther -Wakanda
    Doom -Latveria
    Namor -Atlantis
    Scott/Jean or Emma? -Krakoa
    Black Bolt/Medusa -Attilan
    Viper/Gorgon - Madripoor

You can unlock these empires:
    Kree
    Skrulls
    Xandarians
    Spartax

They don't do too much in the ways of RTS games anymore which is my preference so someone who is more game knowledgeable than me can figure out the best format for this.
    Magneto Professor X & Apocalypse - Krakoa

Could make the "minions" mystical in nature.

aka Baron's undead, Anubis, Hynea clan infiltrates, klaw has sonic goons, Killmongers death cult, The Desturi loyalists

If we are talking a Spider-Man type game.

So instead of "these groups of thugs are robbing a armored car!" you have, "alert, a group of Anubis soldiers have been seen in Birnin T'chaka"

I mean, even using "Wakanda is a uptopia" definition doesn't stop bad guys from doing bad guy ****. It just means petty, common crimes don't happen.

I mean, you gotta make some compromises if you want a game about punching people lol. Just like you gotta make compromises int he comics so it isn't boring AF
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Could make the "minions" mystical in nature.

aka Baron's undead, Anubis, Hynea clan infiltrates, klaw has sonic goons, Killmongers death cult, The Desturi loyalists

If we are talking a Spider-Man type game.

So instead of "these groups of thugs are robbing a armored car!" you have, "alert, a group of Anubis soldiers have been seen in Birnin T'chaka"

I mean, even using "Wakanda is a uptopia" definition doesn't stop bad guys from doing bad guy ****. It just means petty, common crimes don't happen.

I mean, you gotta make some compromises if you want a game about punching people lol. Just like you gotta make compromises int he comics so it isn't boring AF
    All of that then you have big battles take place, skrulls invasion, black order, giant plants (done right this time) to have those really epic going all out moments

Mighty Member

Not sure how any of you feel about audible books, but I just got Saunders' Imaro for free. The narrator does well enough that I am enjoying the listen.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.