Page 456 of 750 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Which subsequently will lead to his replacement in all other forms of media for the sake of synergy with the MCU/Disney. All after having just one solo movie to tell his stories.
    There is nothing good about the idea of Marvel murdering it's one popular fictional black lead character. The very idea of it should be fought against vigorously by us. Black heros have to die while the white ones get recast over and over? No. It's an offensive idea.
    It doesn't appear as though Robern Downy Jr. or Chris Evans are getting recast. They simply walked off into the sunset when their story was done... something that can happen in the movies, unlike the comics. I suspect that's the fate for pretty much all the original Avengers. They all pretty much have legacy characters lines up to take the mantle moving foreward.

Which of course doesn't necessarily mean that's going to happen to T'Challa... YET. Again, that's obviously up to Coogler. If he's got more T'Challa story to tell, then he'll recast T'Challa. If he's decided to move on and more foreward with Shuri, he can do that too. Unlike the comics, the MCU movies seemingly will do well no matter what, so there's less risk of actual change if/when the movies are are ready to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure, SOME people will be upset no matter what Coogler does. Again, he'll get complaints no matter what he does.

I don't know about the Tyler Perry flick part... but I am suggesting that Coogler can put out a BP movie which will be both criticially and commercially sucessful. He's done it before, and Feige has done it a couple dozen times. I think they have both earned enough the benefit of the doubt from at least the majority of the fanbase to the point where they will support whatever Coogler feels is best in the end.
    I won't. I doubt I'm the only one in the world who feels that way. the people that will support whatever he does no matter what are the same people calling for Shuri or Killmonger to replace Tchalla. Marvel studios released a successful Black Panther movie because it had Black Panther in it, not because fans show up just for the sake of showing up. Otherwise all of their movies would be doing black panther numbers instead of some of them doing Ant-Man numbers
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-12-2020 at 10:48 PM.

It doesn't appear as though Robern Downy Jr. or Chris Evans are getting recast. They simply walked off into the sunset when their story was done... something that can happen in the movies, unlike the comics. I suspect that's the fate for pretty much all the original Avengers. They all pretty much have legacy characters lines up to take the mantle moving foreward.

Which of course doesn't necessarily mean that's going to happen to T'Challa... YET. Again, that's obviously up to Coogler. If he's got more T'Challa story to tell, then he'll recast T'Challa. If he's decided to move on and more foreward with Shuri, he can do that too. Unlike the comics, the MCU movies seemingly will do well no matter what, so there's less risk of actual change if/when the movies are are ready to go that route.
    They walked off the set after how many movies? How many solo movies has black panther had? You're going to try to tell us that his story has been told?

Which subsequently will lead to his replacement in all other forms of media for the sake of synergy with the MCU/Disney. All after having just one solo movie to tell his stories.
    There is nothing good about the idea of Marvel murdering it's one popular fictional black lead character. The very idea of it should be fought against vigorously by us. Black heros have to die while the white ones get recast over and over? No. It's an offensive idea.
    Can’t lie, I’ve also worried that if T’Challa gets replaced in the MCU by Shuri it would mean he gets killed off or replaced in the comics as well, knowing Marvel and their hardon for synergy. I don’t want that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Comic book reading fans are not the majority of movie-going fans and vice versa. A few readers and movie-goers will " boycott" BP2 (or they say they will) but...based on his first showing, Coogler will still have the majority of the Black viewers (the numbers that actually matter) despite whatever decision he makes regarding the titular character. Because, unlike the readers, movie-goers (who aren't necessarily comic book readers) tend to be less zealous about these things.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-13-2020 at 02:54 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That's not true. If they decide to kill t'challa then that won't go over well ever. Wakanda is his story. had coogler done a better job with the titular character specifically then we wouldn't even be having this discussion so no I don't have full faith in him. I'm not looking for an interesting movie I'm looking for a Black Panther movie. And that involves t'challa aka the Black Panther.
    what you suggest is that Coogler can just put out a feel-good black movie and everyone's going to show up like it's a Tyler Perry flick.
    Until they start doing that with popular White characters everyone can miss me with that bull. Trying to make wakanda as a whole the main character of this franchise won't be healthy for the longevity of it.
    I have to disagree to some extent on this. I already know your stance on Cooglers take and how he went about T'Challa. Honestly now I think Chadwick played a big role as well given Cooglers tribute, BUT the reason we are seeing people clamoring for Shuri to take over is very simple. The movie was successful, and it showed a Black male protagonist is a good light. Anytime a black male character stars in a show or movie there is a push to replace them with a Black female. It happen in stranger things, it happened on Black lightning, they tried that with blade as well, and we are seeing it here. Its not new. And this push is very much only applied to Black male characters that are rising in popularity or come out as a hit and are successful.

The only way I could see people not clamoring for Shuri to take over would be of the movie bombed. And even then I think they would say that for the sequel they should have Shuri still take over because she will be more interesting or some isht

The difference is that RDJ and Evans stories with Tony and Steve were complete. The infinity saga was a 10 year long story. If RDJ or Evans passed before their trilogy was completed, a d they were supposed to appear in all the avenger's movies, I guarantee you that they would recast. And Coogler said in his tribute that he was working on the script for Chadwick and it's obvious after the first movie there is plenty of story to tell still. And if they drop T'Challa after the first movie, after everything Chadwick did, that would be dishonoring him and I think it will backfire

Does anybody like tactical suit panther as maybe the best? I like the upgrades of the new suit, but I think they should have kept drawing it like this, while holding onto the upgrades.

0D58DD6B-84D2-4EBC-AF85-B65E9E4681F8.jpg
    ADE1A5CD-4F7C-4834-9F3D-037081558F90.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The difference is that RDJ and Evans stories with Tony and Steve were complete. The infinity saga was a 10 year long story. If RDJ or Evans passed before their trilogy was completed, a d they were supposed to appear in all the avenger's movies, I guarantee you that they would recast. And Coogler said in his tribute that he was working on the script for Chadwick and it's obvious after the first movie there is plenty of story to tell still. And if they drop T'Challa after the first movie, after everything Chadwick did, that would be dishonoring him and I think it will backfire
    I certainly don't agree that making Shuri Black Panther dishonors Chadwich anymore than I believe recasting him. You can honor him either way.

I likewise don't agree that either option will backfire... I think the movie will suceed either way, because frankly no MCU have really not been sucessful. I've very doubtful a Coogler BP movie, regardless of how he handles it, will be the first. I think Coogler and Fiege will make it work regardless of what they decide to do. They're earned that benefit of the doubt thus far.

But it's certainly true that RDJ and Evans were able to complete their stories. And if Coogler believes there's more T'Challa story to tell, he'll recast and that's that. Coogler can and will do whatever he feels he needs to do, and it'll work either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can’t lie, I’ve also worried that if T’Challa gets replaced in the MCU by Shuri it would mean he gets killed off or replaced in the comics as well, knowing Marvel and their hardon for synergy. I don’t want that.
    No one ever gets replaced in comics.

At worst Shuri MIGHT take over for a story arc or whatever, but legacy characters NEVER replace the original indefinately. 100 years form now, Batman will still be Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker will still be Spider-Man, and Steve Rogers will still be Captain America. For better or for worse, comics don't really change.

They walked off the set after how many movies? How many solo movies has black panther had? You're going to try to tell us that his story has been told?
    I'm not necessarily saying it's told at all. What I'm saying is that IF Coogler feels he's done and wants to move on to Shuri, THEN he'll do that. But IF he feels there's more story to tell with T'Challa, then he'll recast.

I don't know what he's going to do. But I do believe he has options, and any of those options will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Does anybody like tactical suit panther as maybe the best? I like the upgrades of the new suit, but I think they should have kept drawing it like this, while holding onto the upgrades.

I think it was fine for that particular story arc because he was facing Vlad but BP's suit should be a lot more sleek.

I won't. I doubt I'm the only one in the world who feels that way. the people that will support whatever he does no matter what are the same people calling for Shuri or Killmonger to replace Tchalla. Marvel studios released a successful Black Panther movie because it had Black Panther in it, not because fans show up just for the sake of showing up. Otherwise all of their movies would be doing black panther numbers instead of some of them doing Ant-Man numbers
    I don't think you're the only person in the world to give Coogler and Fiege the benefit of the doubt... but given how criticially and commerciallly sucessful Black Panther was, I think in general they earned the benefit of the doubt. It was an oscar nominated billion dollar movie.... if that's not going to earn you a bit of good will I don't know what will. Enough good will to the point where I honestly believe MOST will support Cooglers movie at least until they see. If they see it and feel it sucks then sure, he'll justifiably lose the benefit of the doubt. But until then, I don't think Coogler has anything to worry about.

Again, people will complain no matter what Coogler does... he's not going to make everyone happy no matter what he does. But a bunch of people complaining on social media one way or the other shouldn't and won't make a dent here. Odds are this movie will be a huge sucess no matter what he does, so people can complain on social media all they want. Not trying in any way to completely dismiss the feelings of people on twitter or whatever... merely arguing Coogler should make the call based on what he feels is best, not to cater to a bunch of people complaining that likely wont' effect the movie either way. He'll do what he feels is best, and the people who end up not getting what they want are simply going to have to learn to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think it was fine for that particular story arc because he was facing Vlad but BP's suit should be a lot more sleek.
    Yea maybe. I like this one a lot also. I could see him wearing a chinchilla coat over it.

A2AB35B4-953A-434F-ABFB-30E973B6FE32.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

I don't think it should be his standard suit. I prefer something a bit more streamlined.

BUT if he ever wants to show suits he modified for a particular situation, I'm all for having something a bit more tactical than his standard look. It shows his ability to adapt and evole as needed.