Page 526 of 750 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Where is that Kiber pic from?
    That's an alt universe version from Marvel Adventures Iron Man I think.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It's crazy to think that Kiber, who debuted back in 1978 has the most tech feats of any BP villain in a single arc appearance. Robots, matter/energy converters, his own island base, this dude is a prime candidate for a revamp. Hopefully the next BP sees the potential for T'Challa's rogues from the 60s and 70s because they got great concepts, it's just a matter of updating them with greater power and more characterization.
    I love Kiber. Like you said out of all of BP's villains he had the genius, the tech and the minions to go against BP. He had his own island nation.

He could have been T'Challa's Dr Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Swan, like the rest of the cabal, need a good story t re-establish them. If Hickman didn't treat all the characters like cogs in his story, this wouldn't be a issue but because he didn't have actually have a clear cut plan with any characters after a specific role it lead to characters falling short of the mark. I think really all of T'Challas rogues from the 60s and 70s need to come back. Killmonger mbaku and klaw need a rest and his old rogue's need to come back, especially because there are some cool ones to fill some specific roles and provide new stories
    Once they put Swan in the Black Order under Thanos, she was a goner. I picked up the Black Order mini awhile back and she's just meh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm still wondering if Monica is even still alive. Not sure if her death in the BP annual is canon or not. But as the only other real love interest apart from Storm, her name belongs in the conversation.
    Yea I think fans get hung up on how she was depicted back in the 70s when many non-super female love interests were just damsels in distress. But with the right retcons and perhaps powers of her own I think she has everything it takes to be T'Challa's main love interest. She literally has more history than any non-Storm lover in the character's publication history, that's not something to just throw away imo. I think her death is canon but if anything that makes her easier to revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I love Kiber. Like you said out of all of BP's villains he had the genius, the tech and the minions to go against BP. He had his own island nation.

He could have been T'Challa's Dr Doom.
    Yup, we're gonna keep seeing T'Challa go up against big names he can never truly beat/kill until he has original rogues that can challenge him. Kiber's got all the basic elements needed to be a global menace that rivals T'Challa on an intellectual and geopolitical level. It just takes a writer willing to tone down the campiness and give him some actual weight in the story.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-04-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Once they put Swan in the Black Order under Thanos, she was a goner. I picked up the Black Order mini awhile back and she's just meh.
    That s what's I'm saying, all the black order members have huge potential. Out then in a 6 issue mino/12 issue maxi and just re-establish them as a huge threat on their own without thanos. Swan is one of those characters thst was shaped by circumstance and have thst tragedy angle that cna be played on, then just go from there. They all should definitely be heavy hitters with the weakest being atleast Spiderman strength.

On another note, I do t know much about kiber where can I read about him?

That s what's I'm saying, all the black order members have huge potential. Out then in a 6 issue mino/12 issue maxi and just re-establish them as a huge threat on their own without thanos. Swan is one of those characters thst was shaped by circumstance and have thst tragedy angle that cna be played on, then just go from there. They all should definitely be heavy hitters with the weakest being atleast Spiderman strength.

On another note, I do t know much about kiber where can I read about him?
    Kiber first appeared in Kirby's run but it was a short appearance, issues #11-#13. In the right hands he could be a major threat to BP and Wakanda.

Kiber first appeared in Kirby's run but it was a short appearance, issues #11-#13. In the right hands he could be a major threat to BP and Wakanda.
    Dude sound's like huge potential, I would scale him up like in an event or something honestly. Or atleast dedicate an entire story to building him up to take on T'Challa and Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I think fans get hung up on how she was depicted back in the 70s when many non-super female love interests were just damsels in distress. But with the right retcons and perhaps powers of her own I think she has everything it takes to be T'Challa's main love interest. She literally has more history than any non-Storm lover in the character's publication history, that's not something to just throw away imo. I think her death is canon but if anything that makes her easier to revamp.

Yup, we're gonna keep seeing T'Challa go up against big names he can never truly beat/kill until he has original rogues that can challenge him. Kiber's got all the basic elements needed to be a global menace that rivals T'Challa on an intellectual and geopolitical level. It just takes a writer willing to tone down the campiness and give him some actual weight in the story.
    I think Monica in theory can be used in a similar way to Jane. She seemed like an outdated love interest to Thor u till Aaron came along.

Heck, in the annual where she died she was given the heart shaped herb. Not all that hard to somehow turn that into a super hero origin story if someone wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Did you ever fine the scan of black swan being uber durable like you said? Would love to add it ot the list.
    I got to do some digging, but she’s stronger than Panher or MK, maybe even Spiderman.
    Other than that future feat that people don’t consider canon. Like you said I have a 1.5 ton Rhino feat (stated on panel) and a 5 ton Rhino feat (stated on panel). But BP has only gotten stronger since either one of those feats, that was my point.

I’ll look for Black Swan
    Since you got the 5 ton feat, here’s the 1.5 ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I got to do some digging, but she’s stronger than Panher or MK, maybe even Spiderman.
    Other than that future feat that people don’t consider canon. Like you said I have a 1.5 ton Rhino feat (stated on panel) and a 5 ton Rhino feat (stated on panel). But BP has only gotten stronger since either one of those feats, that was my point.

I’ll look for Black Swan
    THere's a big difference between bulldogging something that's 1.5 pounds and bench pressing one though.

I've seen people in real life push a car or stop a car from moving. But to bench press a car is a different matter.

That of course doesn't mean he can't bench press a 1.5 pound rhino. But bull dogging one doesn't prove he can. Still a pretty cool feat though.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    THere's a big difference between bulldogging something that's 1.5 pounds and bench pressing one though.

I've seen people in real life push a car or stop a car from moving. But to bench press a car is a different matter.

That of course doesn't mean he can't bench press a 1.5 pound rhino. But bull dogging one doesn't prove he can. Still a pretty cool feat though.
    True.
    I only like this one because he’s shown he can do it more than once. Here is the 5 ton feat. And because we know the specific weight.

And I’m not sure how this compares, but he stops a robot Elephants charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

I’ll look for Black Swan
    There's also Priest run where T'Challa stops a ranging elephant in its tracks of you looking for some other strength feats

Edit: lol beat me to it.

I will add that While it'd true that people ha e stopped moving cars or pushed them in real life, it's a different story all together to stop a moving cars going like, 25 mph and to stop it in its tracks because you have to multiply it's speed times it's weight to get the force being applied. Hence why it's so dangerous to have loose items in your car when driving at high speeds in case you got in an accident. That 2 lb item at 70 mph now is essentially 140 lb
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-04-2020 at 03:55 PM.

There's also Priest run where T'Challa stops a ranging elephant in its tracks of you looking for some other strength feats
    Cool thanks. You familiar with which issue?

I'm on the Black Swan for his Catwoman team. She's powerful she's smart and she's manipulative. She has an ax to grind against the Black Panther because he is the one who stopped her plans to reform her family. Had he never intervened and knocked her the F out the heroes of Earth would have never gotten as far as they did in stopping Rabum Alal. She can have the black dwarf as a sidekick who wants his revenge for the loss he took to the panther. That way someone can give us a flashback scene of a full fight between the two and show us how Panther beat him down and made him run away