Page 531 of 750 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Hypothetically speaking there have probably been thousands of BPs throughout history. It's had 5x the longevity of China, the oldest continuous culture in the real world, which produced some 500 emperors over the course of roughly 2,000 years. Granted some of them came in quick succession during times of crisis or civil war, but Wakanda would still have had many more rulers. During New Avengers we saw what, less than a dozen?

Assuming the ones we saw were chosen at random I could believe them somewhat having similar views. Even if they were the greatest BPs of all time with their own radical differences I think I'd buy them being in agreement on the issue of the incursions. Though I'd like to think that you'd have a few BPs that we've never seen who are a bit more open-minded/adventurous, like Yemandi from the cartoon.
    I'm not sure which emperor of the Ming dynasty turned inward philosophically and tangibly. He stopped all exploration due to palace politics and in family fighting. The repercussions were an inward turn philosophically and spiritually. China basically quit the rest of the world and started navel gazing. Historically speaking on a dime. And with 500 BPs, even with Bast weeding out the chaff, I can't see a little nihilism or libertine behavior being totally exempt from rearing its head somewhere.
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 10-05-2020 at 05:51 PM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

will T'challa have more consistent power feats with the phoenix power? how will this enhance his panther abilities?

Will he get a chance to raise Atlantis, then re-flood it? Heh.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Even Don made fun of his monologs in What The?Attachment 101165

Oops. Even sideways you should get the picture
    Lol.... Don's monologues were the Bendis before actual Bendis in term of how much of the page and panels the dialogue occupied..... excessive verbosity.!

But I dunno....I like it anyhow.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I agree I do t want swan as done catwoman or something. There's no reason T'Challa would want to start anything with her especially given how they met. She could try seduction I guess but she already knows he is a warrior who wont fall for that isht so there's no point, bit she could attempt it anyways but like you said he wouldn't fall for it. As for LI
    There could be:
    Monica Lynn apparently she is dead but buried with the HSH and so that could bring her back to life and give her some powers that is t tied to another franchise.

Malika

Nu-Nakia
    And Zanda (Redjacks version) who is super powered. Really Zanda has alot going for her thst can lead to some interesting stories. She should be vain but T'Challa sees she isn't as bad as she always tries to come off due to how she treats her people (she has to have so e redeeming qualities) and sees that when she wants to abd embraces that side, she is very pleasant and has alot in common with T'Challa
    Regarding the HSH....it should be strictly for royalty.

Lynn can get powers by vibranium radiation accident in the mines or something.

I don't mind love interests having a connection to another franchise as long as they were NOT created by and FOR the other franchise.

An example is that nonsense Wakanda X-Men mutant created by and for the X-Men but has never been used in any BP comic.

2ndly, such connections can be used to better effect in BP connections and mythos beyond just Wakanda and America...and frankly it will give Monica Lynne (&/or Malaika) more umph as a character instead of being another Lois Lane or Mary Jane template copy.

Edit:

I agree with u on Zanda.....except the "have a lot in common part"....they can have SOME things in common but it should not be "a lot". A brilliant frenemy in a Catwoman type way.

I also liked Redjack's Zanda from Panther quest.
    Last edited by Besouro; 10-05-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think i tis more the "type." No one will ever approach Catwoman

Black Cat fills the roll in Spider-Man.

Enchantress I would say for Thor. Wolverine has more than one I think (Yukio maybe? can't remember the claw chicks name).

T'challa had one... it was Nakia. Ooops.
    Lady Deathstrike.

Mystique was his Catwoman for a minute. Worked pretty good too.

He also had Chimera and Tyger Tiger.

But nobody and I mean nobody in Marvel had a better Catwoman than Cap:

I mean look at Steve, trying to look like he serious and all.

Okay maybe Daredevil and Elektra.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Lady Deathstrike.

The thing that I liked about Diamondback and Cap was they established an attraction (or at a one way attraction) right from the start. They of course did that with Malice too... but there are other issues there which makes her a somewhat undesirable choice.

I almost think it works better if they create a new female character to be BP's Cat Woman rather than using an existing. If they start from scratch, they can build towards their relationship more organically. They can make sure she's not to evil like Black Swan or too young like Nakia or a drive through worker at KFC like Zanda. It'll take longer because they're starting from scratch, but she can be exactly what's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing that I liked about Diamondback and Cap was they established an attraction (or at a one way attraction) right from the start. They of course did that with Malice too... but there are other issues there which makes her a somewhat undesirable choice.

I almost think it works better if they create a new female character to be BP's Cat Woman rather than using an existing. If they start from scratch, they can build towards their relationship more organically. They can make sure she's not to evil like Black Swan or too young like Nakia or a drive through worker at KFC like Zanda. It'll take longer because they're starting from scratch, but she can be exactly what's needed.
    Zanda works best. Already has history with the character, has her own kingdom, her own resources.

Lady Deathstrike.

I prefer Steve with her his best love interest imo

Zanda works best. Already has history with the character, has her own kingdom, her own resources.
    Of the existing options I would agree, Zanda works best.

Her biggest downside is that Priest and Hudlin sort of made her a joke. That's easier to recover from than Nakia or Black Swans downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I prefer Steve with her his best love interest imo
    I went back and re-read some of those Cap issues. Really liked how they played the relationship.

I agree, I think that was his best LI. She took Steve out of his comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I don't want no white woman playing on Tchalla's heartstrings.....no way .....no how....even remotely.

There has to be a bastion of sweet chocolate black love in mainstream comics and it's B.P..... *that should never change*.

Those of you with a hard fetish for black men/white women romance have an overwhelming abundance of characters and such relationships to get your fix....leave BP out it.

I can accept BS was a seductress villainess for Tchalla whose lures ALWAYS FAIL on Tchalla who ALWAYS gives a dead pan response (plenty of chances here for comedic effect) .

Additionally...I prefer that BP does not play fast and loose with multitudes of random love interests which would make him a cheap copycat of Namor , Wolverine and Ironman.

A small circle of rotating love interests should be between Monica Lynn, Malaika .....give or take only one other and that's it.

Tchalla is loyal to a fault and steadfast with his heart who doesn't just fall for every pretty face who winks in his general direction. Tchalla is NOT a playboy nor a player nor toyboy.

Lastly, I would give Lynne and Malaika powers.... different powers of course. One can be a inhuman who became an inhuman during that whole inhuman event and the other can be an eternal or part eternal part mutant or some super rare powered hybrid from two (or three) superpowers races or species.

We need to have more sistaz who are poweful in Marvel. Storm gets to hog all that spotlight waaaaaay to much and yet rarely does much in the X-Men other than another lightning bolt, hail and gust of wind and spreading it for whichever random xman to smash with no relationship no withstanding romance.....just like that as if she were harlot picked off the roadside.... then rinse n repeat.
    Can’t be better said

The character looks cool for sure, wouldn't mind more characters with names and ones that are actually DM and not the crappy MA and fake Dora's

Doras getting some love. Not that Coates kinda love.
    Very true it’s sad random other writers can do that easily while we got what we got smh

Hell yeah, they should of been banished for the isht they pulled, not given everything they wanted on some ole bullisht, especially when they are going to leave Wakanda high and dry and hid with their tails between their legs after talking that big game
    Naw that’s way to good for them they need to treated just like Desturi ASAP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Hypothetically speaking there have probably been thousands of BPs throughout history. It's had 5x the longevity of China, the oldest continuous culture in the real world, which produced some 500 emperors over the course of roughly 2,000 years. Granted some of them came in quick succession during times of crisis or civil war, but Wakanda would still have had many more rulers. During New Avengers we saw what, less than a dozen?

Assuming the ones we saw were chosen at random I could believe them somewhat having similar views. Even if they were the greatest BPs of all time with their own radical differences I think I'd buy them being in agreement on the issue of the incursions. Though I'd like to think that you'd have a few BPs that we've never seen who are a bit more open-minded/adventurous, [BOLD]like Yemandi from the cartoon[/BOLD] .
    Oooooh hell nawgh!!!!!

Yemandi was one of the worst things of Panther quest....she as a character was fine until Redjack involved Thor as a love interest.

U do realise that if u advocate for Yemandi to become Canon it means that the black African wakandan royalty was easily seduced by and spread it for the native god of colonizers?

Then year later some writer would pick that and run with it to places unwanted and unnecessary by saying Yemandi's child was a son of Thor and therefore the Tchalla is also part white by descent this the royalty of Wakanda being white European blooded ruling over native Africans.

.... Even going further to say that the romance btwn Yemandi and Thor is how Wakanda was able to develop much faster due to support from Asgard using Asgardian "science" or magic or whatever's instead of Wakanda actually developing and exceeding in tech and science ON THEIR OWN and by their own creations.

Obvious the writer as Redjack tried to do will romanticise this. Urgh!

Man, this is why it seems I am the only one in here against Redjack writing the BP solo.....next thing you know Winter Soldier is King of Wakanda because he hooks up with Shuri......after all the MCU has already firmly placed WS in Wakanda and with Chad gone and presumably Shuri taking over as BP/ queen and the usual requirement of a love interest .....with WS right there....well....do the math.

Sound familiar...?

Familiar to those old school kinda racist "white man bangs and marries the princess and is the saviour of the kingdom of non-white natives"?

From last samurai to last of the Mohicans to James Cameron's Avatar to countless others.

This has been done repeatedly countless times before..... we cannot let this nonsense happen to BP.

I mean...just look at the WS vs BP fight in pantherquest..how do u let WS choke BP and lift BP of his feet with one hand?

WS is nowhere near BP in combat but just see how he was portrayed against WS?

BP cannot even run or have speed when Cap can EASILY CATCH UP to BP riding some oldies bike and yet BP had a headstart during the whole serpent crown is about to blow thingy story scene.

Then worse.....remove all the cool standard gear...the multi-functional energy daggers, the vibranium soled boots, etc.

Then the Yemandi nonsense with Thor.

Then Redjacks plot sample for BP on his website had BP flattened by some random no name white woman character that is eerily similar to Coates Goon Slam Gary.

After all that the head lights were flashing HARD....next thing I see is Redjack wants to write BP solo, I am very sorry sir but respectively....HELL NO!!!

It will be cool to have a BP ancestor who travelled the world and perhaps it's this same ancestor who created the "walk about" as mandatory for all heirs or potential heirs but I would also like that the BPs are not easily philanderous anyhow anywhere with whoever gives them aid in anything.

I went back and re-read some of those Cap issues. Really liked how they played the relationship.

I agree, I think that was his best LI. She took Steve out of his comfort zone.
    Facts reading about Sharon/Peggy like watching paint dry for me , I means it’s better then reading about The MA but not much lol
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 10-05-2020 at 09:22 PM.

you all would have loved my plans for Zanda.

we never even explained how her powers worked on the show.

she ain't Mystique.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Lady Deathstrike.

Wouldn't Spider-Man and Felicia Hardy be the most obvious choice?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?