Page 533 of 750 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Somebody was looking at y'alls conversations. They just stopped at the first step. Lol

Well, I guess cats tend to stick together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He hasn't been a monk exactly... he's been in a relationship with Storm and to a lesser degree Nakia while in space. He's doing alright for himself.
    Storm is a top 5 Marvel heroine but I think people are talking about how he tends to be a monk when she's not around. Nu-Nakia was a welcome change though, even if she has all the personality of a cardboard cutout lol. Hell, Coates even went and gave T'Challa his own contrived love triangle, the only issue I wasn't invested in either love interest. Great ideas, poor execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Holy isht this just went from 0 to 100 fast.

Couple things. Thor wasn't a LI to Yemandi, it was a little cheesy but the kiss was a call back to the Disney frog princess movie since the VA of Yemandi VA the main character of the movie hence why Thor was turned I to a frog. They didn't hook up, and I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to try and link Thor to T'Challa like that, and Yemandi isn't Canon, BP quest is a different universe. Second. I don't see what was wrong with T'Challa vs WS fight? WS is a super soldier and not just peak human, and ontop of that T'Challa never fight any of the heroes seriously, and when he "lost" to WS the first time, it was a set up to get taken to prison where klaw was at and be broke out immediately. Remember the episode the last avenger? T'Challa fought Tony and WS at the same time and whooped both their asses. RJs BP was legit. Plus I remember his pitch, its the same thing, he does Priest panther call backs, allowing himself to "be defeated" whole the enemy unknowingly falls for his traps and then he springs them and they don't know wtf just happened. Plus RJ has written T'Challa before in the comics, it was a short stint I believe it was BP soul of the machine or something, it was promoting Lexus, but I. That story, he wrote T'Challa better than Coates has ever done on his 4 year's and RJ did it in 10 pages. Dude has love for T'Challa, sure I don't agree with everything he has said he would do, but he has more than proven he would write a fire BP solo, again refer to PQ The last avenger
    well, you can't please everyone so i never try.

my T'Challa would certainly piss off many fans just as Coates's version pisses off others. no one can please everyone.

but, if you liked Yemandi, I invented her. Thor wasn't her love interest. Thor had a crush. All that "love interest" stuff is stuff the fans made up.

the version of Zanda everybody likes? Me.

Shadow Council- Rogues Gallery? Me.

Wakandans running around human history grabbing up the dangerous artifacts so the barbarians don't hurt themselves? Me.

T'Challa lost the fight with Iron Man and WS on purpose so he could be arrested and sent to the secret prison. You literally just saw him repeatedly whip Tony's ass through the first half of the season. Why would he suddenly be crap in that fight? He'd just beat up ALL the Avengers.

A lot of people like an overpowered super-hero, one who just shows up spanks any enemy and says something snarky as they go down. I don't. Never have. Never will. I think that sort of writing is shit.

I put my heroes through it. I make them work for every win and it always costs them. I'm not here for exploitive female depictions either, not in the script or visually. Not a fan of a supposedly smart guy whose first option is a beat down. Smart people avoid the need for beat downs. It's part of being smart. T'Challa is a genius.

Also, I'm not a fan of blood-thirsty heroes. I won't write them on my own and i won't make them "cool" if forced to use them for some reason. So, again, that's going to piss off some people who think Wolverine is someone to emulate.

But no one on Earth but me and Axel Alonso knows the actual pitch i pitched to Marvel and it's nothing like anything you've seen. or will likely ever see.

I would bring the heat on the title or i wouldn't accept the job.

One day, when I'm sure it will never happen, I'll post it on my blog like i did with the IRON FIST alternative TV season.

Y'all aren't ready for my 616 Panther run. Trust me.
    Last edited by Redjack; 10-06-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

my T'Challa would certainly piss off many fans just as Coates's version pisses off others. no one can please everyone.

but, if you liked Yemandi, I invented her. Thor wasn't her love interest. Thor had a crush. All that "love interest" stuff is stuff the fans made up.

T'Challa lost the fight with Iron Man and WS on purpose so he could be arrested and sent to the secret prison. You literally just saw him repeatedly whip Tony's ass through the first half of the season. Why would he suddenly be crap in that fight? He'd just beat up ALL the Avengers.

A lot of people like an overpowered super-hero, one who just shows up spanks any enemy and says something snarky as they go down. I don't. Never have. Never will. I think that sort of writing is shit.

I put my heroes through it. I make them work for every win and it always costs them. I'm not here for exploitive female depictions either, not in the script or visually. Not a fan of a supposedly smart guy whose first option is a beat down. Smart people avoid the need for beat downs. It's part of being smart. T'Challa is a genius.

Also, I'm not a fan of blood-thirsty heroes. I won't write them on my own and i won't make them "cool" if forced to use them for some reason. So, again, that's going to piss off some people who think Wolverine is someone to emulate.

But no one on Earth but me and Axel Alonso knows the actual pitch i pitched to Marvel and it's nothing like anything you've seen. or will likely ever see.

One day, when I'm sure it will never happen, I'll post it on my blog like i did with the IRON FIST alternative TV season.

We-ee Ready! We-ee Ready! We Ready, for-r ya'll!!!!!!
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 10-06-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Holy isht this just went from 0 to 100 fast.

Couple things. Thor wasn't a LI to Yemandi, it was a little cheesy but the kiss was a call back to the Disney frog princess movie since the VA of Yemandi VA the main character of the movie hence why Thor was turned I to a frog. They didn't hook up, and I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to try and link Thor to T'Challa like that, and Yemandi isn't Canon, BP quest is a different universe. Second. I don't see what was wrong with T'Challa vs WS fight? WS is a super soldier and not just peak human, and ontop of that T'Challa never fight any of the heroes seriously, and when he "lost" to WS the first time, it was a set up to get taken to prison where klaw was at and be broke out immediately. Remember the episode the last avenger? T'Challa fought Tony and WS at the same time and whooped both their asses. RJs BP was legit. Plus I remember his pitch, its the same thing, he does Priest panther call backs, allowing himself to "be defeated" whole the enemy unknowingly falls for his traps and then he springs them and they don't know wtf just happened. Plus RJ has written T'Challa before in the comics, it was a short stint I believe it was BP soul of the machine or something, it was promoting Lexus, but I. That story, he wrote T'Challa better than Coates has ever done on his 4 year's and RJ did it in 10 pages. Dude has love for T'Challa, sure I don't agree with everything he has said he would do, but he has more than proven he would write a fire BP solo, again refer to PQ The last avenger
    Winter Soldier was whipping on Steve, picking him up off his feet with the same one hand so no big deal there.

I'm riding with Redjack all day everyday. I will take his Black Panther and read it and enjoy it and be extremely satisfied.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Winter Soldier was whipping on Steve, picking him up off his feet with the same one hand so no big deal there.

I'm riding with Redjack all day everyday. I will take his Black Panther and read it and enjoy it and be extremely satisfied.
    Exactly. I have never read a comic book run where I completely agree with every single thing a writer does with a character. Redjack's version of T'Challa was different from the ideal version for me, but it was easily one of the most enjoyable takes on the character of this decade.

He gets T'Challa's voice, had a solid handle on key characters like Shuri, and had him pull through extreme adversity in a way that was believable and more importantly, fun. I'd be ecstatic if he's ever given the chance to do a BP run but I'm even more ecstatic we have a black comic creator who has such amazing talent and can take on more properties in the future. Hopefully his Vixen becomes a definitive story for her over at DC.

Mighty Member

Wakandans running around human history grabbing up the dangerous artifacts so the barbarians don't hurt themselves? Me.

Says you. Only reason we might not be ready cuz we're starving. And it's not good to gorge yourself when you're starving. A monthly title from you will be just perfect.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Exactly. I have never read a comic book run where I completely agree with every single thing a writer does with a character. Redjack's version of T'Challa was different from the ideal version for me, but it was easily one of the most enjoyable takes on the character of this decade.

He gets T'Challa's voice, had a solid handle on key characters like Shuri, and had him pull through extreme adversity in a way that was believable and more importantly, fun. I'd be ecstatic if he's ever given the chance to do a BP run but I'm even more ecstatic we have a black comic creator who has such amazing talent and can take on more properties in the future. Hopefully his Vixen becomes a definitive story for her over at DC.
    People don't like some of the things Priest, Liss or Hudlin did but they're runs are extremely well received.

Release your BP solo Redjack and if some don't like it, frak 'em.

I know you can't please everyone, but you can make a run that will be remembered for all the right reasons and be something that fans can be inspired by and sets up the next generation and new fans with kick ass BP stories.
    I don't like everything Hudlin or Priest did but their runs are ultimately what set T'Challa up to be successful and redifined the character and what inspired the MCU version and based off what we have seen from you already for BP quest, I have fill confidence that you will come correct if you get the chance

People don't like some of the things Priest, Liss or Hudlin did but they're runs are extremely well received.

I would say that I'm assuming what your getting at is as long as your getting T'Challas voice and scaling the threat up instead of bringing T'Challa down, and respecting the character and his world Instead of forcing contrived changes or situations to fit a narrative that doesn't work with the character, then yea. But I would say that the gripes with Coates are very much legitimate and it's not just some that don't like it as it's obvious that other writer's aren't acknowledging what he is doing outside minor things or aesthetics.

Astonishing Member

I could make a list of all the shit I don't like from Priest, Liss, and Hudlin lol but overall they're great runs and I accept the strong creative visions of the writers. Redjack is no different, I wouldn't love 100% of what he does but I'd definitely enjoy it so I don't see why Marvel doesn't give the man a shot.

If he could retrofit his ideas for T'Challa into some kind of original character/story that'd be dope.

Mark October 7th as the day everything we said about spoilers:
    about Coates wasting those years with Storm(Marauders 13 overall a good issue, Shuri was a bit dramatic)
    end of spoilerscould be true. But nothing is 100%.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I was being tongue-in-cheek.

But I still like the Cap/Diamondback better. It's much closer to the Bats/Catwoman dynamic. Strait-laced almost stoic hero/carefree villainess.
    FWIW, I like the relationship a lot until it got kinda rapey with Crossbones.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

about Coates wasting those years with Storm(Marauders 13 overall a good issue, Shuri was a bit dramatic)
    Someone pick up the phone! BECAUSE WE FREAKING CALLED IT!!!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html