Page 534 of 750 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584634 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Someone pick up the phone! BECAUSE WE FREAKING CALLED IT!!!
    How could they not see this coming? Coates was the only one who had them in a relationship. Aaron didn't waste his time about it.

The X-verse just ignored it until it was convenient for them to use(Sword in Wakanda that Storm needed for some X-fight? Yeah right).

They say that they have big plans for Storm in the coming year. I really hope they do for her sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Mark October 7th as the day everything we said about spoilers:
    about Coates wasting those years with Storm(Marauders 13 overall a good issue, Shuri was a bit dramatic)
    end of spoilerscould be true. But nothing is 100%.
    Who could've possibly seen this coming?

Astonishing Member

Happy this is out the way, the spoilers I read made this issue sound a lot worse than it ended up being lol. Now bring back nu-Nakia, Celestial Governess of the Intergalactic Wakandan Space Outposts, throw in some Monica Lynne, humanitarian/R&B superstar extraordinaire and keep every mutant not named Muti out the BP books.

That said, I do find it weird that Bashenga was not named and Vita made up a whole new Black Panther whose name has been lost to history. That don't make sense, you can't just make up the first king of Wakanda. And they mispelled T'Chaka.

Also doesn't speak very highly of Shuri when she goes to fight Storm with absolutely no contingency in place. Did she really think she was just gonna overpower an omega-level mutant? I'm not complaining because she's ultimately just a supporting character, but that didn't seem in-character. And they mispelled T'Chaka.

Overall a solid issue for Storm and hopefully a sign of better things to come for her. She's the best black woman in comics and deserves the best and thankfully T'Challa didn't come out of this looking foolish. I walk away questioning Vita's grasp on the BP mythos but we got some cool lore, T'Challa was in charge, and Wakanda-Krakoa relations took a hit but aren't destroyed (meaning no editorially biased war against the BP mythos). It'll be interesting to see if the implications of this issue play out in a future BP book but I doubt it if the next writer has any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Someone pick up the phone! BECAUSE WE FREAKING CALLED IT!!!
    Coates wasted 4 years building something back that was utterly destroyed in 1 issues but a not even C list writer

That is the power of the X office and that is why real BP fans don't want Storm anywhere near the mythos. Because she will NEVER become part of the mythos, she will always be beholden to the X office. ALWAYS.

Her one issue in a side book (THIS ISNT EVEN HICKMAN! THIS ISNT EVEN THE MAIN BOOKS!) means more than 4 years worth of BP books.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Happy this is out the way, the spoilers I read made this issue sound a lot worse than it ended up being lol. Now bring back nu-Nakia, Celestial Governess of the Intergalactic Wakandan Space Outposts, throw in some Monica Lynne, humanitarian/R&B superstar extraordinaire and keep every mutant not named Muti out the BP books.

That said, I do find it weird that Bashenga was not named and Vita made up a whole new Black Panther whose name has been lost to history. That don't make sense, you can't just make up the first king of Wakanda. And they mispelled T'Chaka.

Also doesn't speak very highly of Shuri when she goes to fight Storm with absolutely no contingency in place. Did she really think she was just gonna overpower an omega-level mutant? I'm not complaining because she's ultimately just a supporting character, but that didn't seem in-character. And they mispelled T'Chaka.

Overall a solid issue for Storm and hopefully a sign of better things to come for her. She's the best black woman in comics and deserves the best and thankfully T'Challa didn't come out of this looking foolish. I walk away questioning Vita's grasp on the BP mythos but we got some cool lore, T'Challa was in charge, and Wakanda-Krakoa relations took a hit but aren't destroyed (meaning no editorially biased war against the BP mythos). It'll be interesting to see if the implications of this issue play out in a future BP book but I doubt it if the next writer has any sense.
    It is typical writer that has no respect for the mythos so they made their own mythos so they wouldn't have to do any research.

T'challa didn't come off looking foolish... he came out looking WEAK. Something that is magically THIS important to Wakanda history and to his people and lets her walk away just bc of that WAP he was getting.

It is once again T'challa not taking into account the will of the people... not for some world ending threat.. but because of WAP and "trust" between someone who just broke into a super secret facility that he trusted her with information about.

No one cares about the BP mythos.

Super genius attacked an omega mutant with a knife. Lord have mercy on us

Apparently "T'challa is busy, be patient" just meant T'challa was in the bathroom and needed some privacy after some Taco Bell and he'd be there in a bit, chill girl
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I was thinking that about the sword story too. But its an Xbook, so the only thing that will stick is her not being there. lol

Vita could have easily picked some random BP or even say the sword was forged by a BP who helped Apocalypse during the war that separated the island. I guess she did it to try to make it seem important, but it didn't really land that way with me. Shuri was over selling it. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is typical writer that has no respect for the mythos so they made their own mythos so they wouldn't have to do any research.

T'challa didn't come off looking foolish... he came out looking WEAK. Something that is magically THIS important to Wakanda history and to his people and lets her walk away just bc of that WAP he was getting.

It is once again T'challa not taking into account the will of the people... not for some world ending threat.. but because of WAP and "trust" between someone who just broke into a super secret facility that he trusted her with information about.

I got the feeling that Ramonda and Shuri were "trying" to say that the King can determine what to do with it because its his by tribal law. Because other BPs were able to use it. And Shuri kept saying be patient, not that she couldn't use it under any circumstances.

Astonishing Member

Coates wasted 4 years building something back that was utterly destroyed in 1 issues but a not even C list writer

That is the power of the X office and that is why real BP fans don't want Storm anywhere near the mythos. Because she will NEVER become part of the mythos, she will always be beholden to the X office. ALWAYS.

Her one issue in a side book (THIS ISNT EVEN HICKMAN! THIS ISNT EVEN THE MAIN BOOKS!) means more than 4 years worth of BP books.

Super genius attacked an omega mutant with a knife. Lord have mercy on us

Apparently "T'challa is busy, be patient" just meant T'challa was in the bathroom and needed some privacy after some Taco Bell and he'd be there in a bit, chill girl
    I think Vita was writing well in that case because it's been established T'Challa trusts Storm in a way he does no one else. It doesn't take much for me to believe he'd let her steal a national treasure, in fact that's what I predicted at first when I saw the solicit. He recognizes the threat posed and trusts the mutants to take care of it.

How he deals with the political fallout remains to be seen, especially going by Shuri's statements about acts of war and blood in the streets. This is definitely not the last time we see the two countries interact and we may very well see a T'Challa that's more hardened next time. Or one that's been overthrown and asking the X-Men for help reclaiming his kingdom lol.

But yea it's pretty obvious Vita isn't well versed in BP and like many writers/commentators more interested in the "idea" of Wakanda than the character and world itself. I mean, Bast wasn't even mentioned in any way regarding this holy item lol.

It's ovah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's ovah!!!

[/IMG]
    Until Storm needs a bump up again.

Then X writers will look around and go, "shit, we never did anything for her. Quick, lets have her go to Wakanda again!"

It'll be truly over when there is a comic of T'challa gettin some from someone else.

What is McGregor doing? Get him back for an issue

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Bro, it's an X-book. They don't care how they make the sausage.

Storm needed a sword(that just happened to be in Wakanda) so she has to go there, things get hostile and they fight.

They don't care about Wakandan history.

They don't care about spelling.

They don't care about BP.

Now it's over. Praise the Hoyata Yobu!!!!

Until Storm needs a bump up again.

Then X writers will look around and go, "shit, we never did anything for her. Quick, lets have her go to Wakanda again!"

It'll be truly over when there is a comic of T'challa gettin some from someone else.

What is McGregor doing? Get him back for an issue
    Redjack on deck! Tell Zanda to pack them bags, she on her way to Wakanda!

LOL. I think it's def time to put a bow on the T'Choro relationship. It had a good run. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    LOL. I think it's def time to put a bow on the T'Choro relationship. It had a good run. Time to move on.
    Imagine Shuri, uber genius, former Queen of Wakanda and Black Panther, brother of 10 steps ahead T'challa...

attacking an omega mutant with a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Redjack on deck! Tell Zanda to pack them bags, she on her way to Wakanda!
    Naw, I need T'challa to sneak in Monica Lynn's apartment Don McGregor style lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I was thinking that about the sword story too. But its an Xbook, so the only thing that will stick is her not being there. lol

Vita could have easily picked some random BP or even say the sword was forged by a BP who helped Apocalypse during the war that separated the island. I guess she did it to try to make it seem important, but it didn't really land that way with me. Shuri was over selling it. lol.
    So many more interesting ideas than what was actually produced. Vita doesn't care about BP or the mythos but at least she broke them up lol. And you're hitting the nail on the head with this inflated importance. It was a sword that we had no previous hints to that's all of a sudden so important "Wakandan blood will run in the streets" if it's taken. Yawn.