Page 535 of 750 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates wasted 4 years building something back that was utterly destroyed in 1 issues but a not even C list writer

That is the power of the X office and that is why real BP fans don't want Storm anywhere near the mythos. Because she will NEVER become part of the mythos, she will always be beholden to the X office. ALWAYS.

Her one issue in a side book (THIS ISNT EVEN HICKMAN! THIS ISNT EVEN THE MAIN BOOKS!) means more than 4 years worth of BP books.

It is typical writer that has no respect for the mythos so they made their own mythos so they wouldn't have to do any research.

T'challa didn't come off looking foolish... he came out looking WEAK. Something that is magically THIS important to Wakanda history and to his people and lets her walk away just bc of that WAP he was getting.

It is once again T'challa not taking into account the will of the people... not for some world ending threat.. but because of WAP and "trust" between someone who just broke into a super secret facility that he trusted her with information about.

No one cares about the BP mythos.

Super genius attacked an omega mutant with a knife. Lord have mercy on us

Apparently "T'challa is busy, be patient" just meant T'challa was in the bathroom and needed some privacy after some Taco Bell and he'd be there in a bit, chill girl
    Dude, this is a win. If this means that it's over then we win. Thank you Vota!

Naw, I need T'challa to sneak in Monica Lynn's apartment Don McGregor style lol
    By the time Don Mc had T'Challa finish his monologue, Monica would have done the job herself.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    So many more interesting ideas than what was actually produced. Vita doesn't care about BP or the mythos but at least she broke them up lol. And you're hitting the nail on the head with this inflated importance. It was a sword that we had no previous hints to that's all of a sudden so important "Wakandan blood will run in the streets" if it's taken. Yawn.
    Yeah, apparently one of the most advanced nations in the world turns to savages... over a sword lol

oh well, at least T'challa didn't get punched in the face this break up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    By the time Don Mc had T'Challa finish his monologue, Monica would have done the job herself.
    BRUH

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Imagine Shuri, uber genius, former Queen of Wakanda and Black Panther, brother of 10 steps ahead T'challa...

attacking an omega mutant with a knife.
    I used some headcannon and assumed that Shuri held back or got careless because she still considered Storm family. Tried to make sense of it that way lol.

It was a well-written issue. I just wish the writer did a bit more research about BP/Wakandan lore. The lack of research kinda showed.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-07-2020 at 07:43 AM.

I think the bigger insult to is that Coates had this whole set up with Nu-Nakia... Just to throw it away on some Storm isht. And what worse he had storm telling her that essentially she was going to leave and to keep him company till she comes back... Coates knew he wasted all our time. Now I hope the next writer comes on and builds up a relationship (a real one) for T'Challa and when Storm tries to slide into T'Challas DMs, the LI kicks her ass and sends her packing

I think it was X-Men Gold that had her making out with Gambit the same time Coates had them back together. Has Hickman made her Logan's side piece again yet? I don't keep up with the X books anymore.

I think Vita was writing well in that case because it's been established T'Challa trusts Storm in a way he does no one else. It doesn't take much for me to believe he'd let her steal a national treasure, in fact that's what I predicted at first when I saw the solicit. He recognizes the threat posed and trusts the mutants to take care of it.

How he deals with the political fallout remains to be seen, especially going by Shuri's statements about acts of war and blood in the streets. This is definitely not the last time we see the two countries interact and we may very well see a T'Challa that's more hardened next time. Or one that's been overthrown and asking the X-Men for help reclaiming his kingdom lol.

But yea it's pretty obvious Vita isn't well versed in BP and like many writers/commentators more interested in the "idea" of Wakanda than the character and world itself. I mean, Bast wasn't even mentioned in any way regarding this holy item lol.
    In basic super hero logic, if the Xmen need the sword to save the world from WHATEVER, let her steal the dam sword. Not like Wakanda needed it at the moment.

If the rules were reversed and Tchalla needed to steal something from Krakoa or Asgard or the US or whatever he'd do it too. If we ignore the fact that Storm could have gotten the sword by just asking Tchalla nicely (cause super hero comics need the drama), it was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think the bigger insult to is that Coates had this whole set up with Nu-Nakia... Just to throw it away on some Storm isht. And what worse he had storm telling her that essentially she was going to leave and to keep him company till she comes back... Coates knew he wasted all our time. Now I hope the next writer comes on and builds up a relationship (a real one) for T'Challa and when Storm tries to slide into T'Challas DMs, the LI kicks her ass and sends her packing
    That was cringe and then just to have NuNakia kill herself a couple issues later.

At this point I rather see T'Challa live the bachelor lifestyle with a revolving door of LIs ranging from existing characters to new ones until we get the right one for the long haul. A different LI for different story arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    At this point I rather see T'Challa live the bachelor lifestyle with a revolving door of LIs ranging from existing characters to new ones until we get the right one for the long haul. A different LI for different story arcs.
    He's not allowed to. He's too "noble"

He is a simp for Storm. It is 100% his worst character trait. And it will forever be that way until he gets a writer that lets him move on.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

He is a simp for Storm. It is 100% his worst character trait. And it will forever be that way until he gets a writer that lets him move on.
    Honestly the ship won't die until the MCU kills it. If the MCU defines Nakia as T'Challa's main love interest and Storm as just a friend from his past then the comics will for the most part follow suit. And if Storm ends up with Wolverine I think that seals the deal. Hell, I think the only reason Marvel has let Coates drag out the relationship for so long is because they don't know what the movies will do and they wanted to build up more material in case they ended up together on the big screen. That and the X-office doesn't care about Storm lol.

So many more interesting ideas than what was actually produced. Vita doesn't care about BP or the mythos but at least she broke them up lol. And you're hitting the nail on the head with this inflated importance. It was a sword that we had no previous hints to that's all of a sudden so important "Wakandan blood will run in the streets" if it's taken. Yawn.
    Broken up without T'challa taking an L too. Vita may have done T'challa a solid.

If anything, Storm looked like an idiot. She just had to be patient after all. She acted like it was urgent while the other two (and aren't there more?) were just having a picnic waiting on her lol

All the issue really needed was a line about T'challa doing Avengers stuff and that is why he was away and couldn't show up immediately.

Honestly the ship won't die until the MCU kills it. If the MCU defines Nakia as T'Challa's main love interest and Storm as just a friend from his past then the comics will for the most part follow suit. And if Storm ends up with Wolverine I think that seals the deal. Hell, I think the only reason Marvel has let Coates drag out the relationship for so long is because they don't know what the movies will do and they wanted to build up more material in case they ended up together on the big screen. That and the X-office doesn't care about Storm lol.
    What if the MCU kills T'challa, does that count lol?

Yeah, they need to stop with that "T'Challa is Storm's back up plan if she can't find a man" nonsense.

X-Books just ended the thing without even waiting on Coates. They said frak 'im.

Door is wide open for the next writer to bring his own LI(s) to the story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In basic super hero logic, if the Xmen need the sword to save the world from WHATEVER, let her steal the dam sword. Not like Wakanda needed it at the moment.

If the rules were reversed and Tchalla needed to steal something from Krakoa or Asgard or the US or whatever he'd do it too. If we ignore the fact that Storm could have gotten the sword by just asking Tchalla nicely (cause super hero comics need the drama), it was okay.
    Shuri was understandably in favor of T'Challa making that move because there were serious implications to just handing Storm the sword. She alluded to revolts and even a war with Krakoa by Wakandan traditionalists. So while yes the immediacy of the situation was on Storm's side, I think waiting a few more hours would've avoided the conflict. Not that I'm complaining of course lol.