Page 536 of 750 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 11243
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, apparently one of the most advanced nations in the world turns to savages... over a sword lol

oh well, at least T'challa didn't get punched in the face this break up lol
    In fairness, traditionalists in Wakanda have had a hair trigger since Priest. A member of a foreign nation stealing an important relic isn't a slight provocation, either

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, traditionalists in Wakanda have had a hair trigger since Priest. A member of a foreign nation stealing an important relic isn't a slight provocation, either
    Are traditionlists even around? Where were they T'challa wanted to change the whole government?

Man, I wish we got a BP book about actual Wakanda and how it functions. I love the tribal shit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Honestly the ship won't die until the MCU kills it. If the MCU defines Nakia as T'Challa's main love interest and Storm as just a friend from his past then the comics will for the most part follow suit. And if Storm ends up with Wolverine I think that seals the deal. Hell, I think the only reason Marvel has let Coates drag out the relationship for so long is because they don't know what the movies will do and they wanted to build up more material in case they ended up together on the big screen. That and the X-office doesn't care about Storm lol.
    Bro, see below:

Abandon ship!!!

Broken up without T'challa taking an L too. Vita may have done T'challa a solid.

If anything, Storm looked like an idiot. She just had to be patient after all. She acted like it was urgent while the other two (and aren't there more?) were just having a picnic waiting on her lol

All the issue really needed was a line about T'challa doing Avengers stuff and that is why he was away and couldn't show up immediately.
    There is supposed to be 10 total. So unless the other seven show up within in a "comic" hour of Storm showing up, she threw away the relationship for nothing. lol

We haven't seen a Wakandan traditionalist since Zuri. Give her the sword. It was something that Wakanda didn't use or need. X-books needed a flimsy excuse to bring drama.

Astonishing Member

What if the MCU kills T'challa, does that count lol?
    Only if Storm is with Wolverine lol. One of them has to be shown in a healthy relationship without the shadow of the other looming over them.

He's not allowed to. He's too "noble"

He is a simp for Storm. It is 100% his worst character trait. And it will forever be that way until he gets a writer that lets him move on.
    Lol. It is his worst character trait.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We haven't seen a Wakandan traditionalist since Zuri. Give her the sword. It was something that Wakanda didn't use or need. Comic books needed a flimsy excuse to bring drama.
    Fixed it for ya

Fixed it for ya
    Nah... it was right the first time.

Especially when it comes to Storm and BP.

Broken up without T'challa taking an L too. Vita may have done T'challa a solid.

If anything, Storm looked like an idiot. She just had to be patient after all. She acted like it was urgent while the other two (and aren't there more?) were just having a picnic waiting on her lol

All the issue really needed was a line about T'challa doing Avengers stuff and that is why he was away and couldn't show up immediately.
    It's a comic book thing, and yes it makes her look kinda dumb. She clearly could have gotten the sword if she just asked. But obviously that makes for a boring story and we need a hero vs hero fight, so we got what we got. It's normal comic book stuff ... unfortunately.

This is a nation that theoretically could have gone to war over a Dora dating, and still can decide their leadership with a fist fight.

There's enough presedence in Wakanda history to justify drama there IF writers decide they wanna milk that.

Am I the only one really not impressed that Hickman pulled out another explanation for Wakandan excellence out of his a$$?

"They did it because of this McGuffin! It's SO important, we've never even heard of it before! And while I'm at it, here are a bunch of other relics we've never seen that I borrowed from a D&D campaign!"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Am I the only one really not impressed that Hickman pulled out another explanation for Wakandan excellence out of his a$$?

"They did it because of this McGuffin! It's SO important, we've never even heard of it before! And while I'm at it, here are a bunch of other relics we've never seen that I borrowed from a D&D campaign!"
    Its cliche, but fictional sci-fi locations like Asgard or Wakanda or Atlantis tend to be littered with d&d @$$ pulls. The did it with Conan too when he was in Wakanda.

Wakanda is apparently filled with magical weapons and artifacts. It's just that BP writers tend to not want to make up any for BP characters to actually bother using.

Agreed though, very cliche.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm just hopeful now that whoever comes in to write the next BP book can actually concentrate on Black Panther and all things Wakandan. Shared Universe is fine and all but I never needed my franchises to intermingle.
    Should the relationship be completely done for good...well and so. Both characters could be better off without it. Goddess alone knows the writers didn't do anything significant for them when they were together.

So, literally...no love lost.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Here is some all-powerful Wakandan sword that nobody outside of this book has heard of but it's one of the most important relics in the world. That nobody in Wakanda has seen.

And I haven't seen that much protection around the Great Vibranium Mound.