Page 537 of 750 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    That was cringe and then just to have NuNakia kill herself a couple issues later.
    Yeah it was do stupid and my and just wasted panel spaces. I wish that someone would let the mab move on, you know the MCU established Nakia as the LI. In Wakanda forever nnendi killed off ole crack head looking Nakia (another insult) then Coates brings in an older Nu-Nakia, has them catch feelings, then has her act cold to excuse why T'Challa starts simping on Storm, then has her turn around and tell her to keep the bed warm bish and then Nakia comment's "noble" suicide and now Vita just sealed the deal.. like, what the actual ****??
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-07-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Mighty Member

Haven't read the issue. But it all stems back to the 10,000 year a@$ pull that was never explored in order to have T'Challa hook up with the windy mutant weather lady. Issues that could have been exploring Wakandan history. Here you go, Mr. Thorne. A major nitpick I have with Hudlin. Still a T'Challa fan, however.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Haven't read the issue. But it all stems back to the 10,000 year a@$ pull that was never explored in order to have T'Challa hook up with the windy mutant weather lady. Issues that could have been exploring Wakandan history. Here you go, Mr. Thorne. A major nitpick I have with Hudlin. Still a T'Challa fan, however.
    How is this Hudlin's fault? The only retcon he introduced was that Wakanda has always been ahead of the rest of the world and that they were never conquered. The latter isn't even a retcon as even in the original BP stories Wakandans hadn't been exposed to foreign cultures until T'Challa's reign and there's no indication they ever answered to a European colonial empire.

I suggest you read the issue because you'll find that Vita's misunderstanding of Wakandan history comes from her own ignorance of basic BP lore, nothing Hudlin established. It's obvious reading that book she doesn't care about anyone in that mythos but the women and she can't even do them justice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Am I the only one really not impressed that Hickman pulled out another explanation for Wakandan excellence out of his a$$?

"They did it because of this McGuffin! It's SO important, we've never even heard of it before! And while I'm at it, here are a bunch of other relics we've never seen that I borrowed from a D&D campaign!"
    I'm just sick of the petty animosity that x office flings at the mythos. They will take every opportunity they can to take pot shots at the mythos and it makes zero sense why. At this point I would give zero fraks if T'Challa just said f all y'all abd never interacted with x men again

This **** was dumb. It would have been better if Gentle was the swordbearer. Especially, if Storm had pulled all that bullshit only to find out she misunderstood the prophecy.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Man, does Bashenga even matter anymore?

Griot Shuri and T'challa got knowledge from "Mother"

I remember that issue where they asked the oldest force ghost BP and it wasn't Bashenga

I don't remember Bashenga mentioned in any of the history lessons involving the Originators or whatever.

1000000000000000000000 BC Avengers introduced a non-bashenga BP

Now this sword stuff

Make Bashenga Great Again lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Keep Storm away from Tchalla..
    X men writer's dislike of Tchalla is Goofy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, does Bashenga even matter anymore?

Griot Shuri and T'challa got knowledge from "Mother"

I remember that issue where they asked the oldest force ghost BP and it wasn't Bashenga

I don't remember Bashenga mentioned in any of the history lessons involving the Originators or whatever.

1000000000000000000000 BC Avengers introduced a non-bashenga BP

Now this sword stuff

Make Bashenga Great Again lol
    Mother and the Griots are just a manifestation of Wakanda's pre-vibranium days so she at least has somewhat of a purpose but we don't know how Griot fits into the Panther Cult hierarchy. Originators are also older than Bashenga because they came when Bast was still "human".

That non-Bashenga BP is probably from the Panther Cult before Wakanda was formally unified by Bashenga so he makes sense as part of a line of pre-Wakandan Black Panthers. But during his lifetime vibranium had already come to Earth (1mil BC) so that's Aaron just fucking up the timeline pay him no mind lol.

They're all older than Bashenga I guess, but it's simply bad writing that with KoTD powers T'Challa has not even spoken a word to the king that started it all.

Isn't storm like the new goddess of wakanda anyway according to Coates. Couldn't she have just commanded her peasants to give her the sword and Bow Down in prayer to her?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

LMAOOOOOOO that was some bulls***.

Never should anyone from the X-Office attempt to write Wakandan lore again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Isn't storm like the new goddess of wakanda anyway according to Coates. Couldn't she have just commanded her peasants to give her the sword and Bow Down in prayer to her?
    For about two more issues which won't come out until next year. Stupid.

#Free Wakanda; #Free Black Panther; #Free The Sword; #Free Lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Man, is Coates **** even canon anymore?

the only ting it hsa connected to in 5 years is one issue Coates Captain America lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Why do the X-writers hate Black Panther so much anyway? Is it because he took their precious "goddess" away from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Why do the X-writers hate Black Panther so much anyway? Is it because he took their precious "goddess" away from them?
    Penis envy.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, is Coates **** even canon anymore?

the only ting it hsa connected to in 5 years is one issue Coates Captain America lol
    Was it ever?