Page 539 of 750 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

There are a lot of people who don't know how to write comics in Marvel right now.

Imagine Shuri, former Black Panther and genius inventor choosing to fight Ororo with a sword. Over some new f*cking sword no one has ever heard of that she claims will literally ruin Wakanda if it was stolen.

What the hell was that???

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    There are a lot of people who don't know how to write comics in Marvel right now.

Imagine Shuri, former Black Panther and genius inventor choosing to fight Ororo with a sword. Over some new f*cking sword no one has ever heard of that she claims will literally ruin Wakanda if it was stolen.

Which is just as well...because there are a lot of readers who always think they can do a much better job at writing these characters and going by the reactions and posts I've seen today alone on Storm and T'Challa...are 100% wrong.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I really don't wanna seem like I'm coming hard for our black women, especially since I've been a bit more dismissive of Shuri and Dora due to the MCU situation, but I agree. The BP franchise is at risk of becoming a T'Challa-led ensemble for "strong black women who don't need a man" if the next writer doesn't put T'Challa first and put all the side characters, male and female on the sidelines where they belong.

And if Marvel keeps hiring gay black women with the sensibilities of Vita, that man doesn't have a chance lol. What does Flex say? Hero/Love Interest/Wakanda? Yea go back to that please, Marvel. I don't need bloated supporting casts and men-bashing political commentary in a book.
    Yeah I don't get this at all. Like, dudes IP has huge potential and they are weighing him down with these coat tail holders and stupid bullshit. Shuri, Storm, Aneka a d Ayo, none of them banked in 1.3 billion. None of them started a cultural movement. Put respect on his name.

I would laugh and probably be banned permanently of a writer for BP trolled x office as hard as they do on T'Challa. Just once I would love to see that happen

Vita even wrote the Shuri book lololol

It be your own people

Not all skin folk are kin folk - Luke Cage

Lawd have mercy, Bast save us please
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Which is just as well...because there are a lot of readers who always think they can do a much better job at writing these characters and going by the reactions and posts I've seen today alone on Storm and T'Challa...are 100% wrong.
    Why do you think that? Kurt Busiek was a comicbook fan and reader who became a comicbook writer at Marvel and DC before doing his creator owned work.

Writer's aren't comicbook authorities nor are they necessarily more knowledgeable than fans. Just because they write a character it doesn't mean they are doing it right. It's just their own interpretations which we as fans and buyers have every right to criticize.

I mean, Vita didn't even bother to research anything about Wakandan lore. And I have seen fanfiction heaps and bounds better than what we saw. Research what your writing and come with the mindset of elevating the character can do wonders, see Narcisse. A simple wiki search would also of gone a long way. Realistically, especially in their home turf, Storm would of gotten her isht rocked. But this is Isht on Wakanda so everyone looks like Isht except Storm.

I swear that holier than though attitude and talking down and Vita having T'Challa just simp it up had me rolling my eyes hard. Fake woke people need to stay the hell away from BP
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-07-2020 at 04:15 PM.

We've seen Shuri, W'Kabi and Zuri fight high level metahumans with spears. Wakandans do seem to have a willingness to fight that way for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Why do you think that? Kurt Busiek was a comicbook fan and reader who became a comicbook writer at Marvel and DC before doing his creator owned work.

Writer's aren't comicbook authorities nor are they necessarily more knowledgeable than fans. Just because they write a character it doesn't mean they are doing it right. It's just their own interpretations which we as fans and buyers have every right to criticize.
    Hell, ROY THOMAS was a fan turned writer.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Lol there are like 3 or 4 first kings of Wakanda now.

First Coates retcons Bashenga with this guy

Now the writer of Marauders retconned Coates guy with their own. If you count Aaron's BC BP then we have four unless he's supposed to be Bashenga or someone different and they hadn't moved to Wakanda yet.

This reminds me of how T'Chaka has different dads that was king before him. First there was Azzari introduced by Kirby (later spelled Asiri by Priest then Azzuri by Hudlin) and Chanda, introduced in the 90s in some F4 comic. I think Redjack might be the first person to use Chanda in over 20yrs for BP's Quest.

Marvel doesn't give ish about BP or his lore other than a prop for their other properties.
    Lol facts, needs a quick clean up, never was man of Chanda but I have 2 quick clean up for him..

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is with black queer women authors taking a dump on T'challa anyway? What did he ever do to them lol?
    You can be black & can be anti-black/anti-African, have a more white supremacists line of thinking or You and write things in a way that will make Anti-black readers More comfortable and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And black gay men lol, there's something about T'Challa that really irks some demographics. I think it has less to do with T'Challa and more to do with the feeling that Storm was stolen or damaged by her time with BP under Hudlin so they've been taking shots ever since. Even though Storm remains stagnant 8 years after the fact and her biggest moment as of late comes from T'Challa.

It'll be interesting as a Storm fan to see if and how the X-office will develop Storm with her connection to Wakanda frayed the way it is. I'm 99% certain the next BP writer will be a black woman btw, Marvel ain't about to pass up those headlines, and if she's gay the book's getting an automatic Eisner.
    A lot of straight black characters both male and female are lot of times are viewed as a threat or something passé to use by a lot of readers and a lot of people who work in fiction. Usually stemming from those peoples on personal issues with straight Black people in real life. So a lot of people get off on humbling them in one way or another take them down a level. Making sure that you’re not viewed as Great unless it’s in service of a white character or White agency ( see storm robbing an African nation in today’s issue of a resource to give to a predominantly white nation)..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 10-07-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Hell, ROY THOMAS was a fan turned writer.
    Given the choice, I'd rather have a writer who isnt a comic fan on a book over a comic fan who isn't a writer. You can't just grab any ol' guy out of a comic shop and expect them to be able to write a good comic. Though if they happen to be both like Roy Thomas, all the better.

What I liked:

90% of the art.
    The fact that not all of Wakanda subjects love TChalla. Gives a sense of realism.
    A peek at who a few of the other warriors she’ll be fighting with are. I like it, and those characters in this role.
    A run down of some of the powerful weapons in Wakandan history and where they came from.

What I didn’t like:

How can they make everyone but TChalla the king look cool? Too many people make it look like a wet suit. At least make the mask cool.
    He doesn’t need his hand to activate and deactivate the mask, it’s controlled by thought.
    He came off as looking like a simp for Storm as mentioned.
    Sometimes the dialogue with her and Shuri was overdone. And those palace robot guards looked lame, for the most advanced tech in the world. Could have done a little better.

All in all for the art and what I did like. It was 7.5 out of ten.

Except we are not writing the books, are we?

Of course you have the right to criticise,...no one is debating that.
    But the idea that you , me and the majority of readers on this forum can do a much better job (given ALL the parameters within which you HAVE to work?)...that is highly questionable.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Except we are not writing the books, are we?

Of course you have the right to criticise,...no one is debating that.
    But the idea that you , me and the majority of readers on this forum can do a much better job (given ALL the parameters within which you HAVE to work?)...that is highly questionable.
    You don't know that for sure, you can only assume. I do my own fan faction like alot of other people and I'm sure we can come up with some pretty good ideas.

Divid Liss was given a pretty shitty premise for Black Panther that nobody was interested in and by the time he was done, he won alot of BP fans over.

We've also seen professional writers(Coates) write a book and do crappy isht.

Spectacular Member

Can't wait see more strong African women. We don't have a lot in media .

You don't know that for sure, you can only assume. I do my own fan faction like alot of other people and I'm sure we can come up with some pretty good ideas.

Divid Liss was given a pretty shitty premise for Black Panther that nobody was interested in and by the time he was done, he won alot of BP fans over.

We've also seen professional writers(Coates) write a book and do crappy isht.
    And until you are writing these characters for Marvel in a professional setting earning a paycheck (like Liss and Coates) I have only your word here in this forum that you are any good.

"Critcism" in these forums are usually just another way of saying "My idea is better and the story would be better if the writer wrote it this way."
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-07-2020 at 06:17 PM.