Page 544 of 750 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 11243
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Same reason they had Vita write only this issue. Lol
    I got zero counter-arguments for you.

You win.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That's Jim Shooter, but just about everyone got wrecked in that story, with Thor being almost the last one standing. I actually enjoyed how Jim wrote T'Challa. The scans don't present it well (my fault), but Jim clearly wrote a distinction between T'Challa and Hank Pym. T'Challa is honorable to a fault when Hank is like f^$k that. Jim went on to completely break Pym a few years later with the backhand heard 'round the world.
    Its almost ironic that Pym is the first one lined up to hit a woman. Of course he'd have bo problem hitting a girl... its foreshadowing.

Seriously though, TChalla is noble and that's fine. But I wouldn't say noble to a fault. Maybe back in the 70's or whatever, but a modern day BP can be pretty shady too, as we saw in his time with the Illuminati. He'll mind wipe people and at least blow up uninhabited planets.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Now tell me again where's the swing peaks for T'Challa?? He gets so many (l)ows I can't remember the highs.

It never happened.

The point of losing a crown or a title is for the inevitable pendulum swing back, where the hero shows why he deserves his crown and why he is awesome and the best of the best blah blah.

Thor's loses his hammer and identity, in the end he does what is necessary as the prince of asgard, wins the hammer's loyalty back beats the bad guy(s) in the mega event at the end, and becomes king of asgard. (was the juice worth the 4+ years of that storyline? probably not, it dragged on too long because Jane sold well, but the pendulum did swing back).

Cap is an evil Nazi... oh wait there is real cap! he is back! he punches bad Cap in the face with Mjolnir because Cap is awesome!!!

T'challa's thing never swung back. He got his power sback in a random ass story in Fantastic 4. He eventually got his crown back because Shuri suicided herself for reasons. Then he gives it up again voluntarily... and then he kinda sorta gets it back because of the MCU lol.

There was never a triumphant moment that made the deconstruction worth it. There was no "Yes, T'challa IS the best black panther in the storied history of Wakanda" moment. There is no moment where all the slander pays off. It just keeps going and going and going and going.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    She gave Wolverine permission to kill during the Morlock Massacre, iirc.

T'Challa has a nobility & purity that is non-existent with most of the male mutants. As a long time X-fan, I've seen the writers taint the male mutants. In my head canon, I see exactly why she would be drawn to T'Challa.

But back to reality, one of thing thing about the X-Men was it had a noticeable black fanbase during the 1980's. This was evident during conventions where X-Men booths had a large black turn-out. This was one of the reasons Bishop was introduced as a black man (I believe he was meant to be Asian).

I just don't understand why Storm is used to defecate on other black characters.
    Do you think Black Panther should be in it's own continuity to avoid stuff like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you think Black Panther should be in it's own continuity to avoid stuff like this?
    Nah, Spiderman, Hulk, Cap, and Thor dont have these problems unless is a plot point if the main Marvel story. Seems like the people who do have some association with mutants.

Sometimes that translates to the writer wanting to write Storm, but cant get a solo greenlit, so they go for a nearby franchise.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-08-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Tell me, what has Storm actually contributed to the mythos? What has she brought to it that makes T'Challa and Wakanda better? Because frankly all she has done is taken from it to bolster her own stories and throw shade. So what has she done to enhance T'Challas character arcs or boost his power?
    Well, couldn't we ask the very same thing about Monica Lynne, Nakia/NuNakia or Malaika? These names keep popping up because some people want these characters brought back, but did they bring anything important to Black Panther's mythos when they were being used in his book? Did their inclusion in the Black Panther book make Wakanda better? I think if we ask that question about Storm, we should also realistically ask that about T'Challa's other love interests.

Also, I think even if Storm HAD contributed to the Black Panther mythos (which some would argue she has), or HAD made Wakanda better in some way, some people would have a problem with that and say she did more for Wakanda than Black Panther did, and they would use her important contributions against her and say she was overshadowing T'Challa in his own book (which is a complaint I have seen before in this thread over the years).

I remember Monica Lynne turned down T'Challa's marriage proposal in Priest's book, but some BP fans STILL want her back. If Storm had turned down Black Panther's marriage proposal, (some BP fans would have celebrated, I bet, but some OTHER BP fans might have blamed Storm for that and looked down on her as a character because she threw T'Challa's proposal back in his face).

Nakia tried to straight up murder Monica Lynne and did murder other people in Priest's book but some BP fans want a redeemed Nakia back or some new version of Nakia. But I've seen Storm get hate for doing far less than turning down marriage proposals and murdering people.

Now at the end of the day, I'm a Black Panther fan first and a Storm fan second, because I wasn't a Storm fan until they got married, but personally I think Storm has been given a bad rep over the years for the stuff she's been written to do, when other characters in the BP mythos have done far worse than her and don't seem to catch that same level of backlash (I don't necessarily mean from just YOU, Ezyo, I mean in general from some BP fans).
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-08-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Well, couldn't we ask the very same thing about Monica Lynne, Nakia/NuNakia or Malaika? These names keep popping up because some people want these characters brought back, but did they bring anything important to Black Panther's mythos when they were being used in his book? Did their inclusion in the Black Panther book make Wakanda better? I think if we ask that question about Storm, we should also realistically ask that about T'Challa's other love interests.

Also, I think even if Storm HAD contributed to the Black Panther mythos (which some would argue she has), or HAD made Wakanda better in some way, some people would have a problem with that and say she did more for Wakanda than Black Panther did, and they would use her important contributions against her and say she was overshadowing T'Challa in his own book (which is a complaint I have seen before in this thread over the years).
    They dont cause problems that lead to franchise fan wars.

People! This should be a time of celebration! Once again, the X-offices made their intentions clear and wanted Storm to break it off from BP. That's a win!

Let her keep the sword which will never be used in a BP story anyway. Go ahead and release the last of the Coates issues on digital and have the new writer ready to go in Jan-Feb.

Redjack on deck!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    People! This should be a time of celebration! Once again, the X-offices made their intentions clear and wanted Storm to break it off from BP. That's a win!

Let her keep the sword which will never be used in a BP story anyway. Go ahead and release the last of the Coates issues on digital and have the new writer ready to go in Jan-Feb.

Redjack on deck!
    I didn't post that Lion King rising sun gif yesterday for nothing. Lol

From marvel's perspective I don't think that's a bad thing. If anything, I think they try and elicit that response.

Even in the very first Wild Kingdom story arc it seemed like they were trying to intentionally get the other fanbase riled up.

Astonishing Member

Yup. Monica Lynne, Nakia/NuNakia, and Malaika will never be as popular or offer as much as Storm did. With them T'Challa won't be part of a "power couple". But they are under the full editorial control of the BP/Avengers office and don't offend anyone in being used as a pure supporting character. Storm invites some of her rabid fans, white liberal racist X-fans, white conservative racist X-fans, and black twitter weirdos that don't read comics.

New love interests wouldn't incite hatred towards BP because they're side characters to fuel his development and offer good visuals. Nothing more nothing less, no demands for "equal billing" or claims of "stealing her away" from other franchises. Keep it in-house and everything is fine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    From marvel's perspective I don't think that's a bad thing. If anything, I think they try and elicit that response.

Even in the very first Wild Kingdom story arc it seemed like they were trying to intentionally get the other fanbase riled up.
    That's a very toxic way to push a romance or any type of relationship between characters. Which is why T'Challa should be with women from his own books who don't create tension between different fanbases. The character doesn't need more hate thrown at him than he already gets for just existing lol. I get the marketing appeal and I guess we wouldn't be getting more hero vs hero stuff if it was profitable, but it does do harm to characters long term.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Well, couldn't we ask the very same thing about Monica Lynne, Nakia/NuNakia or Malaika? These names keep popping up because some people want these characters brought back, but did they bring anything important to Black Panther's mythos when they were being used in his book? Did their inclusion in the Black Panther book make Wakanda better?
    People wanted Malaika because she is MCU Nakia. People wanted NuNakia because she is MCU Nakia. Aka a bad ass spy potential love interest that is 100% controlled by the BP writers. People want Monica back because she is the only real devoted love interest T'challa has had other than Storm. She's just kinda boring though. People wanted regular Nakia back because she is a good villain.
    I remember Monica Lynne turned down T'Challa's marriage proposal in Priest's book, but some BP fans STILL want her back. If Storm had turned down Black Panther's marriage proposal, (some BP fans would have celebrated, I bet, but some OTHER BP fans might have blamed Storm for that and looked down on her as a character because she threw T'Challa's proposal back in his face).

Nakia tried to straight up murder Monica Lynne and did murder other people in Priest's book but some BP fans want a redeemed Nakia back or some new version of Nakia. But I've seen Storm get hate for doing far less than turning down marriage proposals and murdering people.

Now at the end of the day, I'm a Black Panther fan first and a Storm fan second, because I wasn't a Storm fan until they got married, but personally I think Storm has been given a bad rep over the years for the stuff she's been written to do, when other characters in the BP mythos have done far worse than her and don't seem to catch that same level of backlash (I don't necessarily mean from just YOU, Ezyo, I mean in general from some BP fans).
    Monica Lynne turned it down because of Storm lol. That isn't helping your cause at all. And people really want her back because at least she didn't make T'challa look like a chump. And there are tons of stories involving the two... there is a lot of history there.

People wanted Nakia back because she is a good villain and BP lacks good villains. A Dora turned bad with a love obsession is good villain ****. I never heard of anyone wanting her "redeemed" and turned into a love interest... shes like 16 lol. People just wanted some version of MCU Nakia so they looked her direction for a quick minute and then went "nope" lol. Hence wanting the nuNakia or wanting the character MCU Nakia was copied from anyway but comic can't use because of bickering with Gillis.

People are "hard on Storm" because when she comes around, the stories turn to **** for T'challa. And it doesn't help the people on CBR that her "fans" come in here praising the goddess when she does something in BP's book, but when BP gets chumped in the X books, they are no where to be seen defending him (shout out to the few in the Storm thread who do)

Storm creates negative drama the other love interests don't because of the X office. The X Office will never give her up because she is the only black mutant htey have that is popular at all. Storm and the X office are a packaged deal. The only person that could ever change that would be Feige.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I didn't post that Lion King rising sun gif yesterday for nothing. Lol
    I feel like Christmas came early. The relationship is over and the run is ending.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Redjack on deck!
    The good and positive thing about this story being told in an X-book is that the next BP writer can completely ignore it. The swords, the strained relationship, Storm, Wakanda's economical stance with Krakoa...they can ignore ALL of it.
    And that would be more than fair considering the X-Office has a history of ignoring Wakanda and T'Challa.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!