Page 553 of 750 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I say the vibranium was planted by an elder of the universe for his solar system destroying cosmic concerts.
    How do you picture his design? A DJ, a metal head, or a classical pianist?

Mighty Member

It's an old thought. So everything. Cosmic drummer to Paganini to metal head ( one final power chord to overload the vb mound) DJ ala Samurai Jack. Or a maestro controlling an orchestra.

Or maybe he appears different and sounds different depending on each person hearing the music. His new roadie would be Klaw. Lol
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 10-10-2020 at 05:42 PM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What I can't figure out is why would any Wakandan name a sword skybreaker. Shouldn't it be Sword of Aziri or Sword of T'Chaka Sword or Sword of Bashenga or some such?

Skybreaker doesn't sound like any kind of name for a Wakandan weapon.
    Because the sword exists for the sole purpose of making Storm relevant to the story by stealing from T’Challa lol. It’s named Skybreaker because it ties directly to her nature. It’s the most sacred sword in Wakanda which spawns their entire civilization so Storm gets the feat of stealing it from one of their most secure facilities. It has the properties it does because it enhances her lightning powers.

Everything about that sword ignores established lore and what actually makes sense to enhance her story. This is the oldest and most important artifact in Wakandan history and there’s not a single reference to Bast or Bashenga. Don’t pay it any mind lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-10-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea the one true love narrative surrounding these characters puts any future love interest at a bigger disadvantage than they already are to gain legitimacy. If Marvel keeps pushing that along with putting them together just to break them up it becomes this toxic romance that taints every other love interest.

Storm gets the benefit of the occasional “woman separating herself from an unworthy black man” story like this but T’Challa keeps simping for her and looking like a jackass whenever Wakanda gets hurt. He needs to be shown having self-respect, not being badass in Avengers and his own book then a lovesick puppy whenever the X-office wants to throw Storm a bone by having her do something related to BP.

A lot of that could’ve gone away by now if Coates has invested in the likes of Malaika and Monica in the first place. The MCU has already shown T’Challa objectively doesn’t need Storm and 3-4 years of Malaika would’ve created a greater degree of separation between the BP mythos and the X-Men so this stuff like Marauders wouldn’t even happen possibly.

The thing with Wakandans and guns in general is I’d honestly prefer they didn’t have them but I’m at a complete loss for a long range weapon that has the same accuracy and speed. So I’m for guns (infantry, HZ, etc.) but only because I can’t think of a viable alternative.

My bad, I meant Madam Slay lol
    I actually have the opposite reaction on seeing Wakandans with guns. I wish we'd see more Wakandan soldiers with fire arms. I was never the biggest fan of their fixation on spears. At this point I can't entirely fault any writer or artist for doing it since it's shown enough to a degree you have to consider it in-characters for Wakandan to use spears. But I always thought fire arms just made more sense.

As long as they're using spears and winning the fight I guess it's okay. It's when they're using spears and losing (like say Wkabi and Zuri vs Morlun or Shuri vs Proxima) that you sort of have to role your eyes a bit.

Spears are fine as long as they’re scifi Kirby-esque spears that can shoot energy blasts or what not. When they’re literal sticks with metal ends tied on with leather, then I start side eyeing the creative and editorial teams. Why the hell would the most advanced nation on Earth give their army such crap weapons?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Spears are fine as long as they’re scifi Kirby-esque spears that can shoot energy blasts or what not. When they’re literal sticks with metal ends tied on with leather, then I start side eyeing the creative and editorial teams. Why the hell would the most advanced nation on Earth give their army such crap weapons?
    Aesthetics. Otherwise, it wouldn't be important to give them spears in the first place.

Because the sword exists for the sole purpose of making Storm relevant to the story by stealing from T’Challa lol. It’s named Skybreaker because it ties directly to her nature. It’s the most sacred sword in Wakanda which spawns their entire civilization so Storm gets the feat of stealing it from one of their most secure facilities. It has the properties it does because it enhances her lightning powers.

Everything about that sword ignores established lore and what actually makes sense to enhance her story. This is the oldest and most important artifact in Wakandan history and there’s not a single reference to Bast or Bashenga. Don’t pay it any mind lol.
    But she's a goddess, she doesn't need a sword to enhance her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Aesthetics. Otherwise, it wouldn't be important to give them spears in the first place.
    At this point I think the visual is pretty much locked in. Wakandan soldiers are shown with spears so often, it's a signature thing to the point where you almost have to do it otherwise they don't look like Wakandan soldiers. That or the white cat suits.

I guess so long as they're winning the fights with the spears it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At this point I think the visual is pretty much locked in. Wakandan soldiers are shown with spears so often, it's a signature thing to the point where you almost have to do it otherwise they don't look like Wakandan soldiers. That or the white cat suits.

I guess so long as they're winning the fights with the spears it doesn't matter.
    It does matter frankly showing them with standard Spears is stupidly lazy and they need to take notes from the movie on showing an advanced nation. Like take a page out of any futuristic sci-fi

This. It was complete **** and obviously catered for Storm in a stupid obviously bullshit kinda way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It does matter frankly showing them with standard Spears is stupidly lazy and they need to take notes from the movie on showing an advanced nation. Like take a page out of any futuristic sci-fi
    I think the MCU actually cemented the spear thing. We'll likely never see a Wakandan army without an ocean of spears ever again because of it.

download.jpeg

758788688.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Tchalla putting that work in next week.

That's just beautiful!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    A noble man doing heroic things is all I ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the MCU actually cemented the spear thing. We'll likely never see a Wakandan army without an ocean of spears ever again because of it.

download.jpeg

758788688.jpg
    Difference is mcu spears can take down a tank.. at range... 616 are literally pointy sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Difference is mcu spears can take down a tank.. at range... 616 are literally pointy sticks.
    Funny how when the Wakandans are fighting each other with the spears, they still basically seem like pointy sticks. If they can take down tanks, why can't they take down each other.

But whatever ... it's a movie. The spears looked cool. I guess that's all that matters.