Page 554 of 750 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 11243

I see that whole X of Swords issue with Storm and T'Challa went as expected
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-11-2020 at 01:19 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Funny how when the Wakandans are fighting each other with the spears, they still basically seem like pointy sticks. If they can take down tanks, why can't they take down each other.

But whatever ... it's a movie. The spears looked cool. I guess that's all that matters.
    Let me ask you something, if you were in close quarters, where you and your allies are bunched up with the enemies, would you fire off a shot capable of destroying a tank? We saw they can hit things at range as they were dropping those aliens in IW with one shot, at range.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's not the origin of vibranium, we don't get that in the issue. But if it were, it's just about the laziest possible explanation for where it comes from. A planet blew up and it crashed into Wakanda? If the origin of vibranium didn't include gods, past universes, and ancient prophecies I'd be utterly disappointed. Which is why I'm thankful Coates or Vita didn't get to tell it.
    Isn't it sort of the movie's origin of Vibranium? Essentially that it was extraterrestrial in origin and a meteor crashed. I'm honestly struggling to remember if this is the first comics explanation we've had at all or if there was something before. I was half expecting the Maximum Security tie-in to cover it, but I think that was just the Resurrection Altar.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Let me ask you something, if you were in close quarters, where you and your allies are bunched up with the enemies, would you fire off a shot capable of destroying a tank? We saw they can hit things at range as they were dropping those aliens in IW with one shot, at range.
    If that's the only context where they're not used as regular spears, then they probably need to carry at least a side arm. Dropping tanks is nice, but if we see an entire battle sequence where they are basically fighting with spears then a regular gun is overall a lot more versatile. A single Wakandan with some sort of sub machine gun could have changed the course of that battle because he could have effectively fired in mid to close quarters. If the spears are the equivalent of a grenade than a gun the fine ... carry a gun too. Point being they don't need to be fighting with spears 99.99%of the time. If that's the case they logically need to upgrade their gear.

But that's incorporating realism, and we're talking about a movie. Spears looked cool in a movie, so its fine.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-11-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Isn't it sort of the movie's origin of Vibranium? Essentially that it was extraterrestrial in origin and a meteor crashed. I'm honestly struggling to remember if this is the first comics explanation we've had at all or if there was something before. I was half expecting the Maximum Security tie-in to cover it, but I think that was just the Resurrection Altar.
    Nah, in the movie opening the narrative said it was a meteor made of Vb. They just changed when it fell. Millions of years instead of 10,000. I guess they thought the audience would believe anyone living in that area at the time should have been killed after the impact.

OK... so T'Challa is not only immune to Mjolnir, but also can command the transfer of the powers of Iron Fist & the Sorceror Supreme, all because of his un-named ultimate ancestor?

(Not to mention "disrupt all non-essential esoteric energies" across half the planet. Which is pretty cool, but a REALLY bad precedent.)

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    OK... so T'Challa is not only immune to Mjolnir, but also can command the transfer of the powers of Iron Fist & the Sorceror Supreme, all because of his un-named ultimate ancestor?

(Not to mention "disrupt all non-essential esoteric energies" across half the planet. Which is pretty cool, but a REALLY bad precedent.)

Meh.
    I think in part there's some notion that the power Khonshu stole somehow had a degree of consciousness to the point where they wanted to be free anyways. I don't think he could have talked their power out of the original owners. If he were fighting Dr. Strange I don't think he could talk Stranges powers to leave him. But it's a random probably one time Aaron @$$ pull so we can only give it so much thought.

Except in Thor case I suppose ... an Aaron written Thor probably has less control of the hammer than the average pedestrian walking the street these days.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If that's the only context where they're not used as regular spears, then they probably need to carry at least a side arm. Dropping tanks is nice, but if we see an entire battle sequence where they are basically fighting with spears then a regular gun is overall a lot more versatile. A single Wakandan with some sort of sub machine gun could have changed the course of that battle because he could have effectively fired in mid to close quarters. If the spears are the equivalent of a grenade than a gun the fine ... carry a gun too. Point being they don't need to be fighting with spears 99.99%of the time. If that's the case they logically need to upgrade their gear.

But that's incorporating realism, and we're talking about a movie. Spears looked cool in a movie, so its fine.
    If you had a gun in a huge fight like what took place on the Solo movie, you again run the risk of friendly fire so that would not be that great of a situation either. Point being, really comics (and hopefully the movie expands on this) need to move away from. Simple spears and give then additional functions, such as the ability to move from close to mid to long range seamlessly. Wakandans should not use conventional guns such as m4s or aks, there "guns" should be more of a blasting type that are attached to melee weapons for easy transitions. Railguns should be the conventional gun they have

Meh.
    It's a trade off. Centuries ago, Wakanda creates a sword so powerful, so important, only Wakandans can wield it, that it has to be guarded in the most secure location in the most advanced nation. But Storm needs it so there.

so how soon do you think till we get the X-men taking on Wakanda? I'm just catching up on the whole X of Swords comic and it seems like the groundwork is being laid for either Avengers vs X-men or Wakanda vs Krakoa in the distant future
    The J-man

Meh.
    Yeah it's kinda dumb, but after 4 year's of Coates and then that last issue of marauders? Its good to just see T'Challa outplaying and wrecking the big bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so how soon do you think till we get the X-men taking on Wakanda? I'm just catching up on the whole X of Swords comic and it seems like the groundwork is being laid for either Avengers vs X-men or Wakanda vs Krakoa in the distant future
    I hope it's not for a long time, not until we have a new writer who respects T'Challa and his franchise and will go to bat for him and not let bullisht like AvX happen again

I hope never. But if it happens, it will only happen in an X-book because these are the things that will happen:

1. Mutant victim complex on full dispaly

2. Wakanda seen as the aggressor.

3. BP doing something like wiping out the X-gene.

4. Gentle appears so that we can be reminded that Wakanda is racist.

5. Storm making some snarky comment about BP/Wakanda.

6. Wolverine.

Whomever write the next BPsolo shouldn't waste their time with anything X-related. I wish the editor would ignore all things X-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I hope it's not for a long time, not until we have a new writer who respects T'Challa and his franchise and will go to bat for him and not let bullisht like AvX happen again
    eh, I've given up on that ever happening. Every time I think things are going good Marvel pulls the rug out from under T'Challa. The best I'm expecting is good showings in Avengers or another team book like Ultimates.

Keep your expectations realistic and you'll never be dissapointed. Off the top of my head, I don't know how many years I'd have to go back for a book that portrayed T'Challa and Wakanda in a truly positive and powerful light. I'm talking present Marvel not like a flashback book Rise of the Black Panther etc. I'd have to go back to Liss or maybe even Hudlin's run since technically T'Challa was depowered and chilling in NYC.

There was that annual from McGregor, Hudlin and Priest but I'm not even sure if that's cannon.
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Wakanda gets invaded by X-Men. Namor controlled by Emma shows up to flood the place.

Panther surrenders to "save" his people.

X-folks move into Wakanda and use Wakandan tech to wipe out Inhumans not named Moon Girl or Ms Marvel.

Panther takes those space ships Coates tossed out and........

Fleeing from the X-Men tyranny, the last Starship Wakanda leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest... a shining planet known as Galador.

Black Panther (cue the BattleStar Galactica music)

And before anyone says Galador was destroyed in 2013. Panther bought it back during Secret Wars and that was the planet he was going to take Wakanda to before Coates run derailed it. It's not like Rom is going to be using that planet.

Unfans rejoice and Marvel is Made Great Again.