Page 555 of 750 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If you had a gun in a huge fight like what took place on the Solo movie, you again run the risk of friendly fire so that would not be that great of a situation either. Point being, really comics (and hopefully the movie expands on this) need to move away from. Simple spears and give then additional functions, such as the ability to move from close to mid to long range seamlessly. Wakandans should not use conventional guns such as m4s or aks, there "guns" should be more of a blasting type that are attached to melee weapons for easy transitions. Railguns should be the conventional gun they have
    Provided you have people with a reasonable degree of aim, a gun could have been utilized in that situation. Of course, if the Wakandans had guns in the first place both sides would have tried to find cover instead of fighting man to man out in the open. Warfare evolved over time because of the invention of guns. If their weaponry is limited to the degree where they need to fight with spears if they're not fighting a tank at long range, then they need guns. Any type of gun... something that gives you options beyond fighting with a stick 99.99% of the time.

But Wakandans use spears because they look cool using spears, so what can ya do. Realism is a nitpick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so how soon do you think till we get the X-men taking on Wakanda? I'm just catching up on the whole X of Swords comic and it seems like the groundwork is being laid for either Avengers vs X-men or Wakanda vs Krakoa in the distant future
    It honestly depends on Hickman. One of the core aspects of the new X-Men status quo is the X-Men developing icier relations with the rest of the MU heroes, so I have a hard time believing the X-Men’s actions won’t pile on and inevitably result in some kind of conflict. Whether it’s solely limited to a conflict with Wakanda or the entire superhero community is hard to say. Wakanda-Krakoa relations may not be touched upon again until a hypothetical AvX 2.0.

It may be the next arc in Marauders after Kitty and Emma get their revenge on Shaw. We could see something where you have a Wakandan war arc in Marauders which serves as fuel for a bigger X-Men vs Avengers 2.0 writer by Hickman himself (I think this is more likely). I expect something next year to feed into Storm’s “big” story the X-office has been hyping up. The X-office doesn’t care about her Oshtur connection, she really doesn’t have a supporting cast or mutant dynasty of her own, and Black Panther has one of the most rich mythos’ in the MU, they’re gonna wanna exploit that for her and I think the setup was in this issue.

Either way I think a conflict is on the way but there’ll be some limitations depending on who is writing the Black Panther solo and what is going on in it as well as how willing they are to play ball. The idea of a civil war is floated by Shuri if Skybreaker is stolen, are the X-books really about to concoct a whole Wakandan civil war with T’Challa on the losing end if he’s got his own book and appearances in Avengers?

Unlikely, but there may be consequences for him destroying the gate and with the Wakandan protectorates the X-office has a work around to getting a conflict without REALLY affecting T’Challa’s narrative. There’s also a possible X-Men/Black Panther mini series like the Fantastic Four got, one that fleshes out the relationship in a Storm-centric story without really affecting the ongoings. I think at the very least we can expect some skirmish in the not so distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    eh, I've given up on that ever happening. Every time I think things are going good Marvel pulls the rug out from under T'Challa. The best I'm expecting is good showings in Avengers or another team book like Ultimates.

Keep your expectations realistic and you'll never be dissapointed. Off the top of my head, I don't know how many years I'd have to go back for a book that portrayed T'Challa and Wakanda in a truly positive and powerful light. I'm talking present Marvel not like a flashback book Rise of the Black Panther etc. I'd have to go back to Liss or maybe even Hudlin's run since technically T'Challa was depowered and chilling in NYC.

There was that annual from McGregor, Hudlin and Priest but I'm not even sure if that's cannon.
    Yeah again the best thing is for whomever writes the Solo just ignores everything x men related, they are the pettiest office that isht all over other mythos while somehow portraying themselves as the victim's in all of it. Abd I agree avengers, ultimates, and FF is where T'Challa should focus his energy. With the occasional team ups with other heroes of course and inhumans

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Provided you have people with a reasonable degree of aim, a gun could have been utilized in that situation. Of course, if the Wakandans had guns in the first place both sides would have tried to find cover instead of fighting man to man out in the open. Warfare evolved over time because of the invention of guns. If their weaponry is limited to the degree where they need to fight with spears if they're not fighting a tank at long range, then they need guns. Any type of gun... something that gives you options beyond fighting with a stick 99.99% of the time.

But Wakandans use spears because they look cool using spears, so what can ya do. Realism is a nitpick.
    It's because big action fantasy movies love melee combat. Hence why IW and EG went the way they did at the final battles. In IW it would of made sense to open the portal so the enemies would be bottle necked then had all the soldiers, dragon fliers and WM just rain all types of hell down on them and any outrider that got close could be melee'd if they somehow dodged all the spear lasers. But then that wouldn't be as exciting. But realistically Wakandans would have technology that would utterly obliterate the enemy before they got close and those guns would not be conventional guns seen today, like I said, the closest thing to a conventional gun Wakanda should use should be a rail gun, and even then it's not even shooting a projectile but essentially a bolt of lightning

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It honestly depends on Hickman. One of the core aspects of the new X-Men status quo is the X-Men developing icier relations with the rest of the MU heroes, so I have a hard time believing the X-Men’s actions won’t pile on and inevitably result in some kind of conflict. Whether it’s solely limited to a conflict with Wakanda or the entire superhero community is hard to say. Wakanda-Krakoa relations may not be touched upon again until a hypothetical AvX 2.0.

It may be the next arc in Marauders after Kitty and Emma get their revenge on Shaw. We could see something where you have a Wakandan war arc in Marauders which serves as fuel for a bigger X-Men vs Avengers 2.0 writer by Hickman himself (I think this is more likely). I expect something next year to feed into Storm’s “big” story the X-office has been hyping up. The X-office doesn’t care about her Oshtur connection, she really doesn’t have a supporting cast or mutant dynasty of her own, and Black Panther has one of the most rich mythos’ in the MU, they’re gonna wanna exploit that for her and I think the setup was in this issue.

Either way I think a conflict is on the way but there’ll be some limitations depending on who is writing the Black Panther solo and what is going on in it as well as how willing they are to play ball. The idea of a civil war is floated by Shuri if Skybreaker is stolen, are the X-books really about to concoct a whole Wakandan civil war with T’Challa on the losing end if he’s got his own book and appearances in Avengers?

Unlikely, but there may be consequences for him destroying the gate and with the Wakandan protectorates the X-office has a work around to getting a conflict without REALLY affecting T’Challa’s narrative. There’s also a possible X-Men/Black Panther mini series like the Fantastic Four got, one that fleshes out the relationship in a Storm-centric story without really affecting the ongoings. I think at the very least we can expect some skirmish in the not so distant future.
    X office gotta milk that drama. If they do AvX vol II which is where they look like their headed, then they gotta take attacks on Wakanda off the table. The majority of the events in the last 6+ years have featured an attack on Wakanda and most if not all showed a Wakanda not displaying it's full might.

AvX -attack on Wakanda
    TRO -attack on Wakanda
    Secret Empire - attack on Wakanda
    Empyre - attack on Wakanda

They pretty much have Worfed Wakanda. Show how bad someone(s) is by attacking Wakanda. But don't portray Wakanda as the badass is it(SWad anyone?) but nerf it just enough. Some writer will have BP start spouting some lines about how fierce Wakandan is and the next they you know, shields are down, invaders breaking through, a few Hataute Zeraze show up with ineffective weapons and Wakanda left picking up the pieces.

Next writer shows turmoil in Wakanda as they blame BP(again) for whatever happened. Storm shows up feeling guilty about what happened and wanting to help.

Then this whole broken relationship cycle starts all over again. Someone please get BP a better editor that wants to protect the franchise.

I don't understand why editorial won't protect Wakanda and BP franchise. Mcu has shown it's the biggest Solo IP. Numbers don't lie yet they want to keep shitting on the franchise and letting BS happen without oversight. Tro, SE empyre, they never showed the full might of Wakanda. Hell Coates rune, when you can show it's full might without consequence, didn't show Wakandas full might, instead deciding to make Storm the key to victory *rolls eyes* while Wakanda was inconsequential.

Now more than ever, we need Hudlins WWW event to remind people why you don't frak with Wakanda and especially the Black Panther

Some preliminary BP artwork. Still in the development stages

This is from the cover of PP:SS #298
    Black Panther PPSS 98.jpg

This is my first attempt at doing my own original BP drawing
    BP Spear of Bashenga II.jpg

Both look a little fuzzy in the pic. Adding more details and hope to get them done soon.

I don't understand why editorial won't protect Wakanda and BP franchise. Mcu has shown it's the biggest Solo IP. Numbers don't lie yet they want to keep shitting on the franchise and letting BS happen without oversight. Tro, SE empyre, they never showed the full might of Wakanda. Hell Coates rune, when you can show it's full might without consequence, didn't show Wakandas full might, instead deciding to make Storm the key to victory *rolls eyes* while Wakanda was inconsequential.

Now more than ever, we need Hudlins WWW event to remind people why you don't frak with Wakanda and especially the Black Panther
    In a lot of those stories Wakanda was actually more protected than anyone else. It took multiple tries to topple Wakanda when other places had first round knock out.

They're protected to the degree that they are making Wakanda tougher than pretty much anywhere else... they're just not protected to the degree that Wakanda can't be beat. Because bad guys need to be able to actually be capable of beating the good guys, especially for big event level stories.

I feel like Krokao is gonna implode on itself before it starts waring with the rest of the world.

I am not 100% sure where hickman is going with this story but I am sure we will get a time jump sooner or later lol.

I mean, it seems like you can only have so many egos on one island and so many questionable characters before it blows up in their face.

I just don't think "all the omega mutants vs Wakanda" makes for a very compelling story. I actually thought the issue where Magneto met with other world ambassadors, including Hodari, made it seem like Wakanda and Krokoa had an understanding. They are kinda similar... world power minorities countries.

If hickman wrote teh stupid Swords issue id say it would be more improtant. But they went deep in the bullpin for that so... eh.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Some preliminary BP artwork. Still in the development stages

This is from the cover of PP:SS #298
    Black Panther PPSS 98.jpg

This is my first attempt at doing my own original BP drawing
    BP Spear of Bashenga II.jpg

Both look a little fuzzy in the pic. Adding more details and hope to get them done soon.
    Dude I'm digging that first one, I really like that dynamic pose. Looks cool so far, I am trying to get more dynamic poses, I am looking at mangas to get inspiration to get a really cool dynamic pose

In a lot of those stories Wakanda was actually more protected than anyone else. It took multiple tries to topple Wakanda when other places had first round knock out.

They're protected to the degree that they are making Wakanda tougher than pretty much anywhere else... they're just not protected to the degree that Wakanda can't be beat. Because bad guys need to be able to actually be capable of beating the good guys, especially for big event level stories.
    And out of all of those, no e of them showed Wakandas full might, abd the only one that kinda made thst they lost was Tro and Even then they didn't do Wakanda any favors. Intergalactic Wakanda story should of been showing Wakanda prime as a super threat despite them not as "advanced" as the empire.

These are excuses

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I feel like Krokao is gonna implode on itself before it starts waring with the rest of the world.

I am not 100% sure where hickman is going with this story but I am sure we will get a time jump sooner or later lol.

I mean, it seems like you can only have so many egos on one island and so many questionable characters before it blows up in their face.

I just don't think "all the omega mutants vs Wakanda" makes for a very compelling story. I actually thought the issue where Magneto met with other world ambassadors, including Hodari, made it seem like Wakanda and Krokoa had an understanding. They are kinda similar... world power minorities countries.

If hickman wrote teh stupid Swords issue id say it would be more improtant. But they went deep in the bullpin for that so... eh.
    I been waiting for a good moment to talk about that. Hodari says their countries will have to settle for the familiar relationship of kings and queens. That was way back in issue 4. Hickman planned this since back then. LOl

And out of all of those, no e of them showed Wakandas full might, abd the only one that kinda made thst they lost was Tro and Even then they didn't do Wakanda any favors. Intergalactic Wakanda story should of been showing Wakanda prime as a super threat despite them not as "advanced" as the empire.

These are excuses
    That's probably because on paper Wakanda wasn't considered a super threat. It's a galactic empire against a nation the size of Jersey. They had the advantage in ships, man power and tech. Like most invasion stories with earth some sort of plot device was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

There will be some mutants who don't want to go to war for sure. Maybe Jean, Logan, Prof X.

Storm will be conveniently dead/missing/trapped so that she can sit this one out.

I don't think that Krakoa will implode completely. I think there will be a break off faction somewhere down the line.

Yet they keep going back to Wakanda and in each of those stories, Wakanda was breached and in some cases completely destroyed. Only time they had a clear cut, decisive win was SWaD.

They're not that protected.