Page 556 of 750 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606656 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude I'm digging that first one, I really like that dynamic pose. Looks cool so far, I am trying to get more dynamic poses, I am looking at mangas to get inspiration to get a really cool dynamic pose
    Thanks. I've got a few more ideas for dynamic pics that I'll try to get to. I want to try to do a fight scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yet they keep going back to Wakanda and in each of those stories, Wakanda was breached and in some cases completely destroyed. Only time they had a clear cut, decisive win was SWaD.

They're not that protected.
    Protected more than pretty much anyone else... but certainly not as protected as some clearly wish. Fictional locations in marvel are basically props in stories. Atlantis, Asgard, Attilan, Wakanda, etc ... all these places get blown up on a semi-regular basis before being magically restored the next time we see them. But in the least Wakanda does better than most. It usually takes the bad guys 2-3 shots with them. Not unbeatable... but less beatable than pretty much any one else.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's probably because on paper Wakanda wasn't considered a super threat. It's a galactic empire against a nation the size of Jersey. They had the advantage in ships, man power and tech. Like most invasion stories with earth some sort of plot device was needed.
    Yeah, the advanced nation, Wakanda prime, the size of New Jersey, is t the threat, but Storm and Eden are... So you see the issue with your statement?

Thanks. I've got a few more ideas for dynamic pics that I'll try to get to. I want to try to do a fight scene.
    Yeah, in my entire Life, I have only drawn a few fight scenes... And those were for my kids stuffed animals for a Christmas story wife and I drew for them. I haven't actually really drawn and actual scene. But I do have the dynamic poses for one.

Protected more than pretty much anyone else... but certainly not as protected as some clearly wish. Fictional locations in marvel are basically props in stories. Atlantis, Asgard, Attilan, Wakanda, etc ... all these places get blown up on a semi-regular basis before being magically restored the next time we see them. But in the least Wakanda does better than most. It usually takes the bad guys 2-3 shots with them. Not unbeatable... but less beatable than pretty much any one else.
    Protected more than who?

What other country was flooded in AvX?

What other country was destroyed by The Cabal in TRO

What other King/President was captured in Secret Empire?

What other country faced the brunt of the attack in Empyre?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, the advanced nation, Wakanda prime, the size of New Jersey, is t the threat, but Storm and Eden are... So you see the issue with your statement?
    Eden and Storm weren't threats either. They just slowed them down. Like most invasion stories it really took some sort of plot device to resolve things.

Protected more than who?

What other country was flooded in AvX?

What other country was destroyed by The Cabal in TRO

What other King/President was captured in Secret Empire?

What other country faced the brunt of the attack in Empyre?
    Protected more than pretty much everyone.

Wakanda was in TRO only after it successfully repelled Thanos forces ... something no one else in the story was capable of doing up to that point. Wakanda was defeated a third of the way through Secret Empire, while the US was conquered by Hydra by the first issue.

Wakanda is the most powerful nation on earth ... it's just not unbeatable. Stories will try and have Wakanda hold out better than most places.

Protected more than pretty much everyone.

Wakanda was in TRO only after it successfully repelled Thanos forces ... something no one else in the story was capable of doing up to that point. Wakanda was defeated a third of the way through Secret Empire, while the US was conquered by Hydra by the first issue.

Wakanda is the most powerful nation on earth ... it's just not unbeatable. Stories will try and have Wakanda hold out better than most places.
    Thanos didn't attack any other countries, just Wakanda and it still got wiped out by the Cabal.

And in Secret Empire, Hydra didn't conquer America, it's citizens decided to turn on their heroes and leadership and join Hydra.

Thanos didn't attack any other countries, just Wakanda and it still got wiped out by the Cabal.

And in Secret Empire, Hydra didn't conquer America, it's citizens decided to turn on their heroes and leadership and join Hydra.
    Thanos attacked Attilsn personally, but aside from that he didn't need to attack anyone else because no one else offered any real resistance. Wakanda was the only place that sent Thanos forces running... that's why he had to personally get involved.

And there was resistance against Hydra initially in the first issue ... but Shield and the heroes just lost.

In Secret Empire, Hydra took America by force because they had SHIELD and decisively beat all of its heroes. Then despite only really focusing on New Tian, Atlantis, and Wakanda, they made every other country their bitches. Then they beat Atlantis through force, beat New Tian (a smaller Krakoa) through force, and made it a point that Wakanda was making a joke of their army, the largest and most powerful on Earth at the time. T'Challa only lost because Faustus compromised Wakanda against him. And then he only actually surrendered because they were going to make Wakandans kill themselves if he didnt. And then he dunks on Zemo later anyway. Wakanda objectively did the best. And they did the best in Empyre, too, even if that event was truncated so they couldnt really show it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    In Secret Empire, Hydra took America by force because they had SHIELD and decisively beat all of its heroes. Then despite only really focusing on New Tian, Atlantis, and Wakanda, they made every other country their bitches. Then they beat Atlantis through force, beat New Tian (a smaller Krakoa) through force, and made it a point that Wakanda was making a joke of their army, the largest and most powerful on Earth at the time. T'Challa only lost because Faustus compromised Wakanda against him. And then he only actually surrendered because they were going to make Wakandans kill themselves if he didnt. And then he dunks on Zemo later anyway. Wakanda objectively did the best. And they did the best in Empyre, too, even if that event was truncated so they couldnt really show it.
    The most powerful were trapped outside the shield and the NY heroes were trapped in dark dimension? So the midrange heroes lost in NY to a manipulated hammer.

Hydra didn't conquer the U.S., the people and some of the heroes sided with Hydra against their own gov't. Thor, Scarlet Witch and Vision being the most prominent.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hydra didn't conquer the U.S., the people and some of the heroes sided with Hydra against their own gov't. Thor, Scarlet Witch and Vision being the most prominent.
    Scarlet Witch was possessed by Chthon and Vision was reprogrammed by a digital virus. Thor . . . no excuse. He just surrendered because he saw HYDRA-Cap lift Mjolnir when he himself couldn't and thought that meant HYDRA-Cap was in the right. At least HYDRA-Cap turned out to be a Cosmic Cube-created copy, but Thor? Yeah . . . no words there. As for the people of the U.S., while some of it was explained away as brainwashing, a lot of them in-story really did buy into what HYDRA-Cap was selling, as an allegory to the history and pattern of fascism taking hold in previously democratic societies, precipitated chiefly by the failure --- real or perceived --- of institutions within those societies that were supposed to serve the public good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Killmonger didn't believe that either Storm or Manifold could stop them ... just slow them down. Which is basically how the story turned out. They slowed down the bad guys long enough for T'challa to come out with a plot device to stop the armada.
    The story isn't over

Thst whole thing with Faust was stupid and a complete ass pull. What should of happened was Wakanda should of faced off against Hydra Cap and america and it turn into the beacon to start the final fight. What we got was really stupid and was a contrived mess