Page 562 of 750 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    How many examples are there of it actually working? I'm sure there's probably one or two out there somewhere but off the top of my head I can't think of any.

Within the fiction, sure there's no reason you can't do it, shared continuity and all that. But the logistics are a huge pain in the ass unless one of the characters is given to the other editorial group. Imagine being the X writer and you have a hook for Storm you're really excited about, where, I dunno, Storm goes off and spends a year in space or something. Well, you can't tell that story because you gotta deal with the BP writer, who has a different idea where Storm gets pregnant. Neither writer has the freedom to write their characters the way they want to, and having to consult with completely different editors/writers slows the process down. For a minor character it's not a big deal, but for a love interest who's supposed to be one of the most important supporting characters? Who would want to deal with the hassle?

Now, if Storm (or Monica or whoever) were given to the BP office, and were under the control of that writer and editor, then it's not a problem. But who's going to willingly give up a prominent character just so some other office can benefit from it?

Besides, T'Challa has a rich mythology and doesn't need to borrow from other franchises to have a valid, full setting and cast.
    What's funny is x office did just that, screamed and hollered that bow that their exotic booty call for the x men was off the table, they all of a sudden had big plans that were being ruined by her being in BP, and then after the show of pettiness and the marriage ends, when Storm fans asked what's upe, x office was caught with their d**k on their hands.

Again, at the time, of Hudlin went with Monica rambeau instead, they likely would of been together still because she isn't tied to ab ensemble and would of been able to be more freely used since she was pretty much in limbo.

But all of this doesn't matter now and I am looking forward to an in house LI for T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    At this point I'd take anyone to end this nonsense with Storm. Powered or regular human or even a different colored space chick.

And because I'm petty and this scene irked me, a reverse of this moment would be the cherry on top to end this disaster.

I just don't know who'd be the "Logan " in this situation.
    doesn't matter who, I would rather him just ice her like he did when he annualled the marriage. Short and sweet. "I care about you (kinda) but I need a QUEEN, one who has a responsibility to her people and not finicky and always ready to talk down and steal from those who accepted her from the jump.

I think this weeks Aengers was better written than last months. Tchalla stuff aside it was more entertaining.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    How many examples are there of it actually working? I'm sure there's probably one or two out there somewhere but off the top of my head I can't think of any.

Within the fiction, sure there's no reason you can't do it, shared continuity and all that. But the logistics are a huge pain in the ass unless one of the characters is given to the other editorial group. Imagine being the X writer and you have a hook for Storm you're really excited about, where, I dunno, Storm goes off and spends a year in space or something. Well, you can't tell that story because you gotta deal with the BP writer, who has a different idea where Storm gets pregnant. Neither writer has the freedom to write their characters the way they want to, and having to consult with completely different editors/writers slows the process down. For a minor character it's not a big deal, but for a love interest who's supposed to be one of the most important supporting characters? Who would want to deal with the hassle?

Now, if Storm (or Monica or whoever) were given to the BP office, and were under the control of that writer and editor, then it's not a problem. But who's going to willingly give up a prominent character just so some other office can benefit from it?

Besides, T'Challa has a rich mythology and doesn't need to borrow from other franchises to have a valid, full setting and cast.
    How can the logistics be "a huge pain in the a$$" when one character (storm) can fly at sonic speeds and the other character (BP) has teleportation tech? Same tech that Storm will has access to use.

So how will writers and editors of both franchises have a problem? They can both write whatever as long as they don't contradict each other.

Seems to work just fine for Wolverine or even BP being in many books simultaneously.

The X-fanction have used that excuse for years to refuse and limit any limelight for Storm in the x-books.....oh oh because she has appearances in another franchise. Total and pure unfiltered BS.

Mighty Member

And it's not that hard for editors to agree on the timeline... Easily state an editors note "This occurred before or after that" then move on with the story being told using the same bi-franchise character/s.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    doesn't matter who, I would rather him just ice her like he did when he annualled the marriage. Short and sweet. "I care about you (kinda) but I need a QUEEN, one who has a responsibility to her people and not finicky and always ready to talk down and steal from those who accepted her from the jump.
    This is exactly what needs to happen. Storm will never be the woman that T'Challa needs her to be for his people and vice versa. They just don't got the time lol. They should have a heart to heart whenever they next meet and he needs to let her know it's not healthy for him or his kingdom to be involved with a woman that wouldn't think twice to harm or ignore Wakanda in favor of something else. Storm at best should be a brief temptation every now and then, not the endgame or eternal lost love.

And to be frank, this is going to be an issue no matter who his superheroine love interest is. Storm isn't uniquely strong-willed or devoted to a cause in Marvel Comics. Characters like Captain Marvel or Black Widow aren't the type to subordinate themselves to the needs of a single kingdom, they have friends and obligations wider than any single nation, a luxury T'Challa simply doesn't relate to.

There's a reason why when you look at most of the superpowered kings at the Big 2, they're nearly all married to women from their own civilization. Aquaman has Mera, Black Bolt's got Medusa, Black Adam's with Isis, the list goes on. The only viable love interest T'Challa has is either a Wakandan woman who's as willing to self-sacrifice as he is, or a woman from the outside world who truly doesn't have much going for them out there and can devote themselves to Wakanda.

So at one point Monica would've been a better choice than Storm because at the time T'Challa was looking for a wife she was virtually in limbo and had no sizable fanbase that'd bitch about her potential being squandered. But now that she's primed for an MCU appearance and getting a soft push in the comics I'd say she's too out of reach and T'Challa is better served getting back with the likes of Monica, Malaika, and Zanda.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-14-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Smashed that like button harder that a supernova bomb.

Strongly agree.....it always such nonsense from the x-faction editors repeatedly throwing jabs at BP.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Or how about -- and just hear me out on this -- the most important thing for the proposed love interest is that she's a great character and not whatever new superpowers she's given for the purpose of appearing as a "power couple".

Radical idea, I know.
    I get the interest in a power couple but I don't think that T'Challa HAS to be part of one or that no other relationship dynamic can be just as fruitful. Love interests serve the role of humanizing a character and elevating them in a romantic, desirable light for market appeal.

They obviously need space to be their own character and capable in their own right, but I don't think it needs to be to the same extent as T'Challa in order to serve their role. As long as Monica or Zanda aren't damsels in distress or depicted as pushovers who T'Challa walks all over then I don't see why they can't be strong love interests.

It shouldn't matter that he has more money and power, because despite what Coates says, T'Challa respects the women in his life and doesn't have such an ego that he'd treat a women with less than him poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    At this point I'd take anyone to end this nonsense with Storm. Powered or regular human or even a different colored space chick.

And because I'm petty and this scene irked me, a reverse of this moment would be the cherry on top to end this disaster.

I just don't know who'd be the "Logan " in this situation.
    Emma Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Emma Frost.

Make it happen Marvel

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Emma Frost.

Awww heeell NO!!!!

BP is above such revenge sex insipid pettiness... that's what they do over there in the X-Men and it should STAY THERE!

just inject Aaron's T'Challa right into my veins
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This is exactly what needs to happen. Storm will never be the woman that T'Challa needs her to be for his people and vice versa. They just don't got the time lol. They should have a heart to heart whenever they next meet and he needs to let her know it's not healthy for him or his kingdom to be involved with a woman that wouldn't think twice to harm or ignore Wakanda in favor of something else. Storm at best should be a brief temptation every now and then, not the endgame or eternal lost love.

And to be frank, this is going to be an issue no matter who his superheroine love interest is. Storm isn't uniquely strong-willed or devoted to a cause in Marvel Comics. Characters like Captain Marvel or Black Widow aren't the type to subordinate themselves to the needs of a single kingdom, they have friends and obligations wider than any single nation, a luxury T'Challa simply doesn't relate to.

There's a reason why when you look at most of the superpowered kings at the Big 2, they're nearly all married to women from their own civilization. Aquaman has Mera, Black Bolt's got Medusa, Black Adam's with Isis, the list goes on. The only viable love interest T'Challa has is either a Wakandan woman who's as willing to self-sacrifice as he is, or a woman from the outside world who truly doesn't have much going for them out there and can devote themselves to Wakanda.

So at one point Monica would've been a better choice than Storm because at the time T'Challa was looking for a wife she was virtually in limbo and had no sizable fanbase that'd bitch about her potential being squandered. But now that she's primed for an MCU appearance and getting a soft push in the comics I'd say she's too out of reach and T'Challa is better served getting back with the likes of Monica, Malaika, and Zanda.
    At this point s heart to heart is off the table, we already got that isht, hell that's what Coates wasted wall those issues doing and just like that, Vita has Storm talking all thst Isht. Its time for T'Challa to straight ICE that relationship. "I am a King, and what I need a is a Queen who will stand by me and our people and put to first, not someone who will switch loyalties on a dime when her friends call. You will be treated like an honored guest in Wakanda, but we are done. Goodbye Ororo"

Savage, to the point and gets her the frak out of his mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Awww heeell NO!!!!

BP is above such revenge sex insipid pettiness... that's what they do over there in the X-Men and it should STAY THERE!
    I dunno about you, but I'm tired of the noble negro simp trope T'Challa gets forced into whenever or storms around. I want some ice cold savagery with a touch of pettiness if it gets her out of his franchise for good

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Awww heeell NO!!!!

BP is above such revenge sex insipid pettiness...!
    Were you just watching Two and A Half Men? They had a episode on this a few minutes ago.