Page 610 of 750 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660710 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 11243

Redjack: "No one's heard the second pitch and, if i can't do it, I won't try to do BP again"

BP fans:

Marvel, make BP great again!
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-07-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kinda wild this thread is hoping to fix everyting and you have 30 pages in a tie in book

That is how starved BP fans are haha
    I think it's wild how Marvel allowed this to be the case. They are literally sitting on a 5 course meal and poc are hungry, yet they continue to give crumbs and stale bread and think it's a job well done

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think it's wild how Marvel allowed this to be the case. They are literally sitting on a 5 course meal and poc are hungry, yet they continue to give crumbs and stale bread and think it's a job well done
    Bold prediction: Redjack will be writing a Black Panther solo series in 2021.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Ah so alias "RedJack" got the call from marvel, Eh? I'd like to congratulate him on the opportunity buuuutttt I want to see what he can do on those pages. Lookin at the comments on youtube watching Panthers quest people weren't diggin his interpretation of the Panther man especially that fight against Cap's angsty fanboy Bucky, man Marvel's animation is soooo lifeless it hurts. No disrespect to alias RedJack i'm just skeptical of what he can do, if he actually is the writer on that BP KiB story and isn't just blowin vapor.
    Agreed and co-signed on Panther Quest with the only be exception being the BP vs Thor ep and the brilliant creative changes to Zanda ONLY....I have my thoughts on that show many pages back.

Nearly everything that made BP super cool in EMH was stripped and RJ has stated clearly that he does not like characters who are too badass so if he is going to write BP with such writer's bias then it signals that we will not be getting anything close to truly be show BP as the "Most dangerous man alive" yet we have been painfully enduring be terribly bad "Goon Slam Gary" and "No One Man" antics for about 5yrs from writer TNC in the last BP solo.

Apparently there are many fans of Panther Quest in here so I am glad they enjoyed themselves.

I am still willing and also anxious to see RJ's version of BP in comics...... hopefully RJ will change my mind and prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Besouro; 11-07-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I truly hope so, I really hope marvel realised their mistake (like they did with Carol) and give RJ the job, I mean look at his one interview compared to all of Coates. Night and day difference in how the character will be treated and elevated. Plus he has already shown that people like his style through BP quest. The whole literary angle/crowd failed. Just like it did with Carol, hiring non comic writers who give zero fs about the character is a recipe for disaster and forces Marvel to bail them out. Get a writer well liked by fans, ha a solid pedigree and proven track record, loves the character, and pair them with a good artist and you got a recipe for success and long term stability

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonwong923 View Post
    Love this superhero and I would love to learn more about him.
    Amandla, new BP fan... Welcome to Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Agreed and co-signed on Panther Quest with the only be exception being the BP vs Thor ep and the brilliant creative changes to Zanda ONLY....I have my thoughts on that show many pages back.

Nearly everything that made BP super cool in EMH was stripped and RJ has stated clearly that he does not like characters who are too badass so if he is going to write BP with such writer's bias then it signals that we will not be getting anything close to truly be show BP as the "Most dangerous man alive" yet we have been painfully enduring be terribly bad "Goon Slam Gary" and "No One Man" antics for about 5yrs from writer TNC in the last BP solo.

Apparently there are many fans of Panther Quest in here so I am glad they enjoyed themselves.

I am still willing and also anxious to see RJ's version of BP in comics...... hopefully RJ will change my mind and prove me wrong.
    Your mistaking what he said, he didn't say he doesn't like characters thst are too badass, he said he doesn't like writing characters in a way in which they NEVER LOSE or the threat can't actually stack up to the hero. He has stated that he makes the hero work for the win, so that means that the threat is actually a threat. I agree that it would be boring if the threats T'Challa faced never actually stood a Chance against him, thst IS boring. However there's some stuff people need to realize. Remember before panthers quest when the OG Avengers got sent to another dimension by leader and his cabal and BP solod them? That was RJ who wrote that. Remember when bp fought against gladiator in the following episode and went toe to toe with him? That was RJ who wrote that. BP vs Thor? Rj.

People have been complaining that T'Challa struggled against WS but they forget a few things: 1 in their first fight, T'Challa wasn't trying to fight him or hurt him, he was trying to escape, the reason the "lost" the fight was two fold, one WS was getting dangerous and threatening to Injure/ kill Innocents in his anger to Avenge Cap, and second he allowed himself to be captured so he could be sent to the prison klaw was at so he could break him out and get more intrl on the Shadow council, very much channeling Priest T'Challa.

Round two of WS vs T'Challa he fights both him And toby at the same time, Tony is even sporting some new tech specifically to take down T'Challa, and he BEATS BOTH THEIR ASSES at the same time. Infact, that episode T'Challa beats all the Avengers. Again channeling Priest energy.

I understand and agree we are all hungry for better treatment of T'Challa. What people have to realize is that if there is a long standing show or Solo comic featuring T'Challa, he has to lose sometimes, he can't just cruise through and destroy everyone without breaking a sweat otherwise it becomes stale and there's lack of stakes. It's fine if you didn't enjoy BPQ, but there was ALOT of stuff from start to finish that well just all around well crafted Priest/ Hudlin energy, and when T'Challa is starring, you gotta make the threats credible and it was done without jobbing.

read BP, soul of the machine, it's a Lexus/ marvel team up of short 10-12 page stories. There's one that Redjack does, in that short 12 issue comic he does more to show how badass T'Challa is than the entirety of Coates run

I had my own issues with Panther's Quest but I think Mr. Thorne really believes in T'Challa as a character and his capabilities as a hero, so I'm eager to see him bring that to the table in comic form .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Your mistaking what he said, he didn't say he doesn't like characters thst are too badass, he said he doesn't like writing characters in a way in which they NEVER LOSE or the threat can't actually stack up to the hero. He has stated that he makes the hero work for the win, so that means that the threat is actually a threat. I agree that it would be boring if the threats T'Challa faced never actually stood a Chance against him, thst IS boring. However there's some stuff people need to realize. Remember before panthers quest when the OG Avengers got sent to another dimension by leader and his cabal and BP solod them? That was RJ who wrote that. Remember when bp fought against gladiator in the following episode and went toe to toe with him? That was RJ who wrote that. BP vs Thor? Rj.
    I remember thinking to myself "did we really need a New Avengers team to fight these guys" after T'Challa basically schooled them .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I had my own issues with Panther's Quest but I think Mr. Thorne really believes in T'Challa as a character and his capabilities as a hero, so I'm eager to see him bring that to the table in comic form .

I remember thinking to myself "did we really need a New Avengers team to fight these guys" after T'Challa basically schooled them .
    Writing Big 2 heroes, either in comics or for the screen, is a dance. The Creatives have plans and the Company has needs. The company wins EVERY argument, so part of our job is making them see we have the right vision. If we can't, we don't get our way. On BPQ about 80% of what i wanted to do made it on the screen. You would die over what we weren't allowed to try. But that's the deal. 80% is a HUGE win.

The only time this is offset is if the creative has some outside juice that gives them more weight in the discussions. Even then, the company wins every argument. EVERY argument.

Whatever you see on the screen or on the page is the result of a LOT of negotiating and compromise.

EDIT: Also, BPQ had a VERY specific target audience and it was an experiment in the company shifting from pointing the Avengers at kids ONLY to opening the show up to ALL AGES. All-Ages is not "pointed at children." It's "pointed at everyone" and it was something new for the company at the time. 80% under those conditions is a gold medal. We killed people on the show and they stayed dead. Heroes failed, lied, made choices that bit them on the ass later and when they fought, they got hurt. If you don't like that, yes, don't read my stuff because you will never be happy.

Here's is what you can expect from my John Stewart comics- I will putting John and the Last Lanterns through it. I will not be setting them up to be standard-bearers for all the ills the character has suffered over the years. i will not be putting him in a galactic BLM t-shirt. That isn't my job in this space. That said, if you've been worried about John Stewart being in the backfield or a token all this time, you can put that worry down as long as I'm driving. Put it down and bury it deep.

Here's what you can expect from my King-in-Black tie-in. I will do the Black Panther justice.

I will not be doing Coates' BP.
    I will not be doing Hudlin's BP.
    I will not be doing Priest's or McGregor's or Liss's BP.
    I will not be doing Stan and Jack's BP.
    I will not be doing Aaron's BP.
    I will also not be doing the version of T'Challa we saw in BPQ. Black Panther's Quest took place on Earth-17628. AVENGERS: BPQ

I will be writing my version of 616 BP. My name is Geoffrey Thorne.

Nothing you've seen will prep you for this. Or, maybe, if you've read enough of ALL my stuff, you'll have some idea.

If anybody thinks I took this gig to make T’Challa soft, they need to sign up for summer school because they've been sleeping through class.

This will be a Redjack Joint. Believe that.

And I'm nowhere near done. 2021 is going to be a fireball in comics from me.

Get ready.
    Last edited by Redjack; 11-07-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Seeing as we didn't know he was writing this, I get the feeling this may be true. Black Panther by Redjack could be on the horizon since this is the first BP solo comic we're getting with the book in limbo. Redjack's stock is definitely rising at the Big 2 and I definitely see Marvel being eager to scoop him up before he goes over to DC and writes a definitive John Stewart run lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Right on! Secret defense parks all over the world. My dream meta world is for techno jungle to be a household word and to title one of the themes on a BP movie soundtrack. Mostly because I want a techno jungle lego set.
    In my opinion.

Wakanda is the most advanced civilization humanity has produced.
    Wakanda has a technology and resources UNIQUE to them, science and magic UNIQUE to them.
    Wakanda, not Latveria, is the most dangerous nation on Earth, to anyone who is not Wakandan.
    A baseline Wakandan soldier is equal to or superior to a baseline ninja from the Hand.
    ANY random Dora Milajae is in Elektra or Iron Fist's fight class. Elite Dora are not to be attacked.
    Nearly every Wakandan is in peak human physical condition. By normal standards nearly every Wakandan is close to olympic class fit.
    The Wakandan spy network TERRIFIES those of the rest of the world good or evil. No one wants ANY of banging up against that.

Wakanda predates the concept of "Africa."
    Everyone who is not Wakandan falls under the heading "Barbarian."

What they are not is gods or demigods. The WEAKEST Asgardian is stronger than the strongest Wakandan. The science of the the Shi'ar, Kree and Skrulls can, at the least, give Wakanda a run for its money. The Phoenix beat Wakanda's ass.

Reed Richards is the smartest baseline human on Earth.
    Lunella Lafayette is the smartest enhanced human on Earth.

T'Challa, Shuri, Hank Pym, Dr. Doom, Tony Stark and a few others are all in the same intellectual weight class but each has a wildly different focus. Of the lot, Doom and Shuri are closest to Reed Richards and Lunnella in approach. They are, by far, the most dangerous minds on Earth, not T'Challa.

These are some fo the things I think. But, if the company disagrees, any or all of them INSTANTLY become fanfic.

Because that's how it works when you don't OWN something.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    EDIT: Also, BPQ had a VERY specific target audience and it was an experiment in the company shifting from pointing the Avengers at kids ONLY to opening the show up to ALL AGES. All-Ages is not "pointed at children." It's "pointed at everyone" and it was something new for the company at the time. 80% under those conditions is a gold medal. We killed people on the show and they stayed dead. Heroes failed, lied, made choices that bit them on the ass later and when they fought, they got hurt. If you don't like that, yes, don't read my stuff because you will never be happy.
    This should've always been the case in my opinion. I mean, it's how they handled some of their earlier shows (especially Earth's Mightiest Heroes) but I guess they shifted that perspective to the MCU.
    I will also not be doing the version of T'Challa we saw in BPQ. Black Panther's Quest took place on Earth-17628. AVENGERS: BPQ
    I didn't know the second animated universe had its own designation. Thanks Secret Wars .

Ultimate Member

In my opinion.

For the folks in back.

In my opinion.

Wakanda is the most advanced civilization humanity has produced.
    Wakanda has a technology and resources UNIQUE to them, science and magic UNIQUE to them.
    Wakanda, not Latveria, is the most dangerous nation on Earth, to anyone who is not Wakandan.
    A baseline Wakandan soldier is equal to or superior to a baseline ninja from the Hand.
    ANY random Dora Milajae is in Elektra or Iron Fist's fight class. Elite Dora are not to be attacked.
    Nearly every Wakandan is in peak human physical condition. By normal standards nearly every Wakandan is close to olympic class fit.
    The Wakandan spy network TERRIFIES those of the rest of the world good or evil. No one wants ANY of banging up against that.

Wakanda predates the concept of "Africa."
    Everyone who is not Wakandan falls under the heading "Barbarian."

What they are not is gods or demigods. The WEAKEST Asgardian is stronger than the strongest Wakandan. The science of the the Shi'ar, Kree and Skrulls can, at the least, give Wakanda a run for its money. The Phoenix beat Wakanda's ass.

Reed Richards is the smartest baseline human on Earth.
    Lunella Lafayette is the smartest enhanced human on Earth.

T'Challa, Shuri, Hank Pym, Dr. Doom, Tony Stark and a few others are all in the same intellectual weight class but each has a wildly different focus. Of the lot, Doom and Shuri are closest to Reed Richards and Lunnella in approach. They are, by far, the most dangerous minds on Earth, not T'Challa.

These are some fo the things I think. But, if the company disagrees, any or all of them INSTANTLY become fanfic.

This is what I'm talking about. Establish a baseline for Wakanda/Doras/Hatute Zeraze/etc. and work from there. Don't water down BP/Wakanda to meet a threat. Elevate the threat to try and equal BP/Wakanda.

Too many times we're left scratching our heads on why <insert villain name here> is a threat to BP/Wakanda when we know that it doesn't hold up.

To challenge BP/Wakanda you need to be on an elite level in genius, strategy, skills, cunning and resources. Once you establish that, you look and see what kind of villain/threat meets that criteria.