Page 611 of 750 FirstFirst ... 111511561601607608609610611612613614615621661711 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is what I'm talking about. Establish a baseline for Wakanda/Doras/Hatute Zeraze/etc. and work from there. Don't water down BP/Wakanda to meet a threat. Elevate the threat to try and equal BP/Wakanda.
    Im all for this. Especially if it makes sense. Theres a small portion of people that think BP is overpowered in a way. I don’t think so, but I want to quiet those people and still have him be powerful.

Extraordinary Member

Redjack...thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Im all for this. Especially if it makes sense. Theres a small portion of people that think BP is overpowered in a way. I don’t think so, but I want to quiet those people and still have him be powerful.
    Some people will always be biased against BP. That's their problem.

Astonishing Member

This is what I'm talking about. Establish a baseline for Wakanda/Doras/Hatute Zeraze/etc. and work from there. Don't water down BP/Wakanda to meet a threat. Elevate the threat to try and equal BP/Wakanda.

Too many times we're left scratching our heads on why <insert villain name here> is a threat to BP/Wakanda when we know that it doesn't hold up.

To challenge BP/Wakanda you need to be on an elite level in genius, strategy, skills, cunning and resources. Once you establish that, you look and see what kind of villain/threat meets that criteria.
    Yup, this has been a consistent issue with most Black Panther villains. They lack the resources, strategic wit, and gravitas needed to actually pose a viable threat. The key to fixing that isn't downgrading T'Challa or Wakanda, it's investing in rogues and actually making them dangerous.

The second most important thing in any mythos (comics, anime, novels, etc.) after a good protagonist is a strong villain. It's not worldbuilding or supporting casts, but dynamic and effective villains that contrast strongly with the hero and who can create compelling conflict. T'Challa will NEVER be a marquee franchise if his villains suck.

Klaw, Killmonger, M'Baku, Achebe, etc. need depth and upgrades in order for T'Challa to get to that next level. He also needs new villains or to update more recent ones like Tetu (The People) and the Originators, who have potential but need to be fleshed out and retconned into being good villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I will be writing my version of 616 BP. My name is Geoffrey Thorne.

Nothing you've seen will prep you for this. Or, maybe, if you've read enough of ALL my stuff, you'll have some idea.

If anybody thinks I took this gig to make T’Challa soft, they need to sign up for summer school because they've been sleeping through class.

This will be a Redjack Joint. Believe that.

And I'm nowhere near done. 2021 is going to be a fireball in comics from me.

Get ready.
    But the real burning question is, if would earth 17628 Zanda make it to the 616 if (when fingers crossed) you write the BP solo?

In my opinion.

Wakanda is the most advanced civilization humanity has produced.
    Wakanda has a technology and resources UNIQUE to them, science and magic UNIQUE to them.
    Wakanda, not Latveria, is the most dangerous nation on Earth, to anyone who is not Wakandan.
    A baseline Wakandan soldier is equal to or superior to a baseline ninja from the Hand.
    ANY random Dora Milajae is in Elektra or Iron Fist's fight class. Elite Dora are not to be attacked.
    Nearly every Wakandan is in peak human physical condition. By normal standards nearly every Wakandan is close to olympic class fit.
    The Wakandan spy network TERRIFIES those of the rest of the world good or evil. No one wants ANY of banging up against that.

Wakanda predates the concept of "Africa."
    Everyone who is not Wakandan falls under the heading "Barbarian."

What they are not is gods or demigods. The WEAKEST Asgardian is stronger than the strongest Wakandan. The science of the the Shi'ar, Kree and Skrulls can, at the least, give Wakanda a run for its money. The Phoenix beat Wakanda's ass.

Reed Richards is the smartest baseline human on Earth.
    Lunella Lafayette is the smartest enhanced human on Earth.

T'Challa, Shuri, Hank Pym, Dr. Doom, Tony Stark and a few others are all in the same intellectual weight class but each has a wildly different focus. Of the lot, Doom and Shuri are closest to Reed Richards and Lunnella in approach. They are, by far, the most dangerous minds on Earth, not T'Challa.

These are some fo the things I think. But, if the company disagrees, any or all of them INSTANTLY become fanfic.

Because that's how it works when you don't OWN something.
    This right here is how it should be. I like the approach to how you go about Establishing the weight class of the DM and Wakandan soldiers. I would add to this, that the HZ, would be set up this way: they fall in between the DM and Wakandan soldiers, so 1v1 they would spank a Wakandan soldier but get wrecked by a Dora, HOWEVER, they are unmatched In fire team combat, a fire team of 5 HZ will beat a fire team of 10-15 random DM. Only The elite DM can hope to match them In ab equal number of team combat, and even then, at BEST they take 6/10 in the most ideal situation.

I agree with the bits about Wakanda as a whole, and I agree that T'Challa doesn't have to be the smartest or the most dangerous mind in the world, so long as he is the most dangerous MAN alive due to a culmination of all of his skills, mind, and methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This right here is how it should be. I like the approach to how you go about Establishing the weight class of the DM and Wakandan soldiers. I would add to this, that the HZ, would be set up this way: they fall in between the DM and Wakandan soldiers, so 1v1 they would spank a Wakandan soldier but get wrecked by a Dora, HOWEVER, they are unmatched In fire team combat, a fire team of 5 HZ will beat a fire team of 10-15 random DM. Only The elite DM can hope to match them In ab equal number of team combat, and even then, at BEST they take 6/10 in the most ideal situation.

I agree with the bits about Wakanda as a whole, and I agree that T'Challa doesn't have to be the smartest or the most dangerous mind in the world, so long as he is the most dangerous MAN alive due to a culmination of all of his skills, mind, and methodology.
    exactly.

He's the most dangerous man alive not the smartest man alive. EVERY hero needs a lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But the real burning question is, if would earth 17628 Zanda make it to the 616 if (when fingers crossed) you write the BP solo?
    that i can guarantee. a version of.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup, this has been a consistent issue with most Black Panther villains. They lack the resources, strategic wit, and gravitas needed to actually pose a viable threat. The key to fixing that isn't downgrading T'Challa or Wakanda, it's investing in rogues and actually making them dangerous.

The second most important thing in any mythos (comics, anime, novels, etc.) after a good protagonist is a strong villain. It's not worldbuilding or supporting casts, but dynamic and effective villains that contrast strongly with the hero and who can create compelling conflict. T'Challa will NEVER be a marquee franchise if his villains suck.

Klaw, Killmonger, M'Baku, Achebe, etc. need depth and upgrades in order for T'Challa to get to that next level. He also needs new villains or to update more recent ones like Tetu (The People) and the Originators, who have potential but need to be fleshed out and retconned into being good villains.
    Tetu and the people can pose a challenge and would be buffed waaaaay up if it were up to me. Tetu the shaman, should match up to doom, strange, and voodoo In Terms of magical might with the people being enhanced via zenzis the enhancer with (more clearly defined) limiting breaking mystical power and they should pose as the primary mystical/magical threat to Wakanda.

Klaw is upgraded to a near cosmic level threat via sound and transitions from a bp solo threat to an Avengers level threat that the Avengers call on T'Challa to help them handle.

Erik, after being dormant for awhile, becomes a political superpower to rival Wakanda (or he stays as the intergalactic Wakandan leader that occasionally show's up to challenge Wakanda although it's heavily weakened in sizebut focuses on building itself up) them couple with an updated 6 million year man are the primary outer space tech threat to Wakanda as well as the super skrulls as they are salty from getting their asses best by Wakanda.

Supremacists, upgraded costumes, powers and possibly new name, become T'Challas sinister 6. Kiber becomes the primary nation earth bound nation that can rival Wakanda in technology.

Baron macabre and ko g cadaver with the death cult become primary threat's when it comes to well, death related stuff and the alter.

Solomon prey, death tiger, and Moses magnum are primary assassin type villains.

That's all o got for now but I would classify each villain as such to fit specific roles as to not be redundant, give then clear guides for operation and how to upgrade them without overlap. Oh and at this point I would probably have M'Baku and by extension, the jabari tribe, get the MCU make over and have M'Baku become T'Challas new bro.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

He's got a few villains that can be upgraded. I already mentioned Kiber who should be a Doom figure. The Six Million Year man should be like a Vandal Savage type character, turn Tetu into a Ras as Ghul figure.

Killmonger should be his Deathstroke. Stop with the"I want to rule Wakanda" tropes with Killmonger. We all said Achebe is like a Joker type.

Queen Zanda should be closer to a Wonder Woman type but with a less heroic stature.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 11-07-2020 at 03:58 PM.

exactly.

He's the most dangerous man alive not the smartest man alive. EVERY hero needs a lane.

that i can guarantee. a version of.
    Yes, I can get behind these 1000%. That should be his calling card as it's a really good one and it makes sense considering where he comes from. The most dangerous nation on earth full of warriors and stands at the top, it naturally he therefore would be the most dangerous man alive.

As for Zanda. This is by far the best version, one of the best things to come from the show and she should definitely make it to the 616. She was so well Crafted and fleshed out it would be criminal to not bring her over, ESPECIALLY considering how BP rogue's have been handled, though I would also play with the idea that there is a level of sexual tension between them just to add to it as though she is vain as hell, T'Challa should see a kindred spirit in how much she loves and protects her people and her thirst for adventure (obviously they couldn't be together In an actual relationship but a potential fling wouldn't be bad) akin to his own

Too many times we're left scratching our heads on why <insert villain name here> is a threat to BP/Wakanda when we know that it doesn't hold up.
    Because many comic book writers are lazy, and it's always easier to tear down than to build up?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Because many comic book writers are lazy, and it's always easier to tear down than to build up?
    Unfortunately, that's very accurate across the board.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Except when It's their favorite hero like Spiderman, or Cap, or wolverine, then there's no limit to there building capabilities

That must not apply to Bats, Spidey, DD, Wolverine or The Punisher.