Page 614 of 750 FirstFirst ... 114514564604610611612613614615616617618624664714 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 11243

Just wondering, if a AAA Black Panther game was ever made, what do you think the gameplay should be like? And who should be the main villain?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So the question is, what alias would he get? The most dangerous man alive, (MDMA) or the most lethal man alive (MLMA)?
    They should just go with most dangerous since he's already sort of known for it anyways. It's not like these tags have to be 100% literal. Hulks not the strongest there is ... but it still works.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

So the question is, what alias would he get? The most dangerous man alive, (MDMA) or the most lethal man alive (MLMA)?
    I like "the most dangerous man alive" because I think it strikes fear of what T'Challa is capable of doing if he's pushed to that limit. Not just in how badly he can beat you up, but also in the economic and political power he possesses.

Personally I also like "The Greatest Warrior on Earth", but I don't know if anyone else has that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Just wondering, if a AAA Black Panther game was ever made, what do you think the gameplay should be like? And who should be the main villain?
    My lazy suggestion is that I honestly just want Insomniac to make the whole thing. What they've done with Spider-Man is just incredible, and almost every game mechanic of those two titles can be applied to a Black Panther game. T'Challa deserves something that good in next gen.

But I also remember reading someone's take in an article about combining that sort of action-adventure, open world or semi-open world brawler with a strategy war game, which I think is a great idea that would make a Black Panther game feel unique, but I'm not sure about the implementation. Although I think the recent Assassin's Creed (Odyssey and Vikings) games have stuff like that, so a combination of that could work.

I don't think open world works for BP as much. It works for Batman and Spidey because they're supposed to be street level vigilantes patrolling a city. A great BP game should at least be national and at best international. So there should be different areas of Wakanda you can freely explore and maybe do some side quests, but there should be different places to go to like America and other African countries perhaps.

Story wise, I would want the first game to have a younger T'Challa. I think his formative years are often too ignored in media, and I think it'll give a game a path to do something different. Say this is a young T'Challa in his 20s, just became BP but isn't king yet. A prince that the royal council thinks is too young and reckless. Think Civil War T'Challa but younger and with a lot more fire and has taken it upon himself to find his father's killer and discovers a deep international conspiracy. Something like that. Maybe his mission risks exposing Wakanda's secrets to the world. I like the idea of exploring a T'Challa that isn't in his prime yet. A T'Challa that's spent his whole life training but doesn't actually have all the combat experience, and knows more about being a warrior than a good man and a world leader. It's also a great way of having the player grow in experience with him too. And of course the villain should be Klaw as the big boss battle, but there needs to be a smaller and more personal one to cap things off. Someone from Wakanda. A betrayal.

Astonishing Member

Assassin's Creed mixed with GTA V. Open world, with Birnin Zana as the equivalent to Los Santos, but more compact and with greater verticality and accessibility to the buildings. Then a large hinterland that brings the player to major locations within Wakanda (Necropolis, Techno-Jungle, etc.) interspersed with various temples, towns, vibranium processing plants, ruins, etc.

Probably would need a few missions that briefly take the player overseas to places like NYC and Niganda for that global feel so they can do foreign info gathering, diplomacy, and espionage. I'd like gameplay that focused on stealth, with a fluid combat system based around T'Challa's martial arts and expending kinetic energy. But of course he'd have access to the energy daggers, weaponized shadow physics, kimoyo beads, etc. A highly interconnected skill tree would work great for T'Challa.

Primary villain would be the sound-based cyborg Ulysses Klaw, an underground weapons dealer and smuggler. With the help of subversive forces within the Wakandan government, he's transporting vibranium and weaponizing it to flood the black market and fuel a civil war in neighboring Niganda. This threatens war with SHIELD and the US.

The manipulation of vibranium is also causing the spread of a techno-organic agent that turns civilians and wildlife into weaponized killing machines. Meanwhile, animosity is growing as ultra-traditionalist forces, who've started a terrorist group, are attacking refugees and trying to shut Wakanda from the outside world. They're lead by a mysterious tribal benefactor (M'Baku, who eventually gets redeemed). These two plotlines would converge and incorporate various smaller villains like Zenzi, Moses Magnum, and Malice. Throw in meaty side missions with rogue gods, quarrelling tribes, and undiscovered ruins and I think there's more than enough content for a BP game.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-08-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    for sheer providential for destruction i think you have to give it to doom because he's the most reckless. he's an entirely ego-driven villain and doesn't care about anything but himself and his own vain goals. sort of like if Trump was actually a genius at something.

T'Challa's the most lethal man because against any foe or team of enemies, he is going to be the most ruthless decisive victor.
    How would you go about writing a potential conflict between Wakanda and Krakoa? If seems clear that at some future point there will be a Krakoa vs MU event and no doubt Wakanda would have some (major) part to play in that. So how do you see that playing out, surely T'challa has developed contingencies and has drafted plans to counter any Krakoan aggression. How bad could it get, would it be mutually assured destruction, would T'challa and Cyclops be tactical and strategic equals seeking to outmaneuver the other. Basically when the dust settles who comes out on top? You said Phoenix stomps Wakanda but with all the magic Wakanda has available to it surely they can hold their own and even win.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I like "the most dangerous man alive" because I think it strikes fear of what T'Challa is capable of doing if he's pushed to that limit. Not just in how badly he can beat you up, but also in the economic and political power he possesses.

Personally I also like "The Greatest Warrior on Earth", but I don't know if anyone else has that.
    Yeah it's already established so that works well enough , I was just saying it because there was discussion diving into what exactly most dangerous entailed

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How would you go about writing a potential conflict between Wakanda and Krakoa? If seems clear that at some future point there will be a Krakoa vs MU event and no doubt Wakanda would have some (major) part to play in that. So how do you see that playing out, surely T'challa has developed contingencies and has drafted plans to counter any Krakoan aggression. How bad could it get, would it be mutually assured destruction, would T'challa and Cyclops be tactical and strategic equals seeking to outmaneuver the other. Basically when the dust settles who comes out on top? You said Phoenix stomps Wakanda but with all the magic Wakanda has available to it surely they can hold their own and even win.
    that would be the shortest war in history.

Wakanda would spank the mutants in about an hour. no contest.

Mighty Member

Right on! Just what I wanted to hear, especially after that whole nonsense Marauders issue with the bullshit sword.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Most Awesome Man Alive?
    Honestly, I was thinking that when T'Challa is at his best, that's the best description of him. Even when it's McGregor and we're not talking about a character who has the upper hand in all situations, he's still someone who is awe inspiring in his stubborn relentlessness. The book was in a weird situation because it was Jungle Action and theoretically had to have some of those tropes in it, but he was beating up Rinos and Dinosaurs, so he was still awesome.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    My lazy suggestion is that I honestly just want Insomniac to make the whole thing. What they've done with Spider-Man is just incredible, and almost every game mechanic of those two titles can be applied to a Black Panther game. T'Challa deserves something that good in next gen.

But I also remember reading someone's take in an article about combining that sort of action-adventure, open world or semi-open world brawler with a strategy war game, which I think is a great idea that would make a Black Panther game feel unique, but I'm not sure about the implementation. Although I think the recent Assassin's Creed (Odyssey and Vikings) games have stuff like that, so a combination of that could work.

I don't think open world works for BP as much. It works for Batman and Spidey because they're supposed to be street level vigilantes patrolling a city. A great BP game should at least be national and at best international. So there should be different areas of Wakanda you can freely explore and maybe do some side quests, but there should be different places to go to like America and other African countries perhaps.

Story wise, I would want the first game to have a younger T'Challa. I think his formative years are often too ignored in media, and I think it'll give a game a path to do something different. Say this is a young T'Challa in his 20s, just became BP but isn't king yet. A prince that the royal council thinks is too young and reckless. Think Civil War T'Challa but younger and with a lot more fire and has taken it upon himself to find his father's killer and discovers a deep international conspiracy. Something like that. Maybe his mission risks exposing Wakanda's secrets to the world. I like the idea of exploring a T'Challa that isn't in his prime yet. A T'Challa that's spent his whole life training but doesn't actually have all the combat experience, and knows more about being a warrior than a good man and a world leader. It's also a great way of having the player grow in experience with him too. And of course the villain should be Klaw as the big boss battle, but there needs to be a smaller and more personal one to cap things off. Someone from Wakanda. A betrayal.
    I would prefer something semi open, like God of War.

I'm not sure you can do combat like God of War with a character like t'challa (the spiderman/arkham combat is just so easy to see) but I much prefer the GoW combat than the button tappng stuff (althought that is fun too).

The Shadow of War/Shadow of Mordor games had different "cities/regions" you could explore. So you can easily have an open world Wakanda and an open world NYC.

If someone like Insomniac did it, they could just port of NYC from the spider-man games since it is done and save a shit load of money developing the whole thing.

But, I wouldn't be mad with a "just" wakanda open world game. You would just have to introduce some reason for T'challa to patrol. For example, The People causing mayham near the Niganda border cities, The Desturi causing problems in some city, Klaw's sound constructs attacking the Great Mound, Baron's undead zombie soldiers attack some city, Azania threatens from the border, ect. You would have to esalate the threat beyond "robbing an armored car" like Batman/Spider-Man.

Alternate story line using a young panther like you mentioned... T'challa has to infiltrate his own country due to The Desturi (lead by Killmonger or something) taking it over while T'challa is on his "manhood" journey or something. Or even his Journey to the HSH (make it a process like the comics). So the game would "open up" as you infiltrate city by city (even collecting gear... you start with just an old cloth BP habit and as you go along you end up wit the full Vib Weave type of thing.

So first game would be purely wakandan base, second game you add countries.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Honestly, I was thinking that when T'Challa is at his best, that's the best description of him. Even when it's McGregor and we're not talking about a character who has the upper hand in all situations, he's still someone who is awe inspiring in his stubborn relentlessness. The book was in a weird situation because it was Jungle Action and theoretically had to have some of those tropes in it, but he was beating up Rinos and Dinosaurs, so he was still awesome.
    in the end I think Liss just summed it up perfectly with the most dangerous man alive, even when he is getting beat up, he is still coming at you, he has an indomitable will and Spirit and cannot be stopped, and if he sets his sights on you, well... Consider yourself done for

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    THough I get that awesome technically is an accurate way to describe him, I'm not sure the word captures the right tone for the character. That's how Bill and Ted might describe T'Challa. I think you need an adjective that's maybe a bit more mature. Maybe a bit scarier sounding.

I might be willing to give it to a more MCU-ish Shuri though. Calling her the most awesome woman alive works okay for her.

in the end I think Liss just summed it up perfectly with the most dangerous man alive, even when he is getting beat up, he is still coming at you, he has an indomitable will and Spirit and cannot be stopped, and if he sets his sights on you, well... Consider yourself done for
    The simple way I'd put it is... "The Most Dangerous Man Alive" is a great reminder to the rest of the superhero community that they're lucky one of the world's smartest, wealthiest and toughest men is of the forces of good, not evil.