Page 619 of 750 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude, no lie, I don't see who would be a better choice than you to write the BP solo right now. He needs to be course corrected, he needs to be more inline with how the rest of the 616 is treating him. After the disaster of a run that Coates and his cabal had been. I genuinely don't know who Marvel would pick over you. Especially given your recent interview, I think Marvel probably wants someone who actually wants to write T'Challa and thinks it would be an honor to do so and not someone who is trying to use his run as a spring board to get other characters
    hm.

It would be a lie, after hanging around the forums for so many years, if i said I don't see where you're coming from. It would also be a lie if i pretended I've enjoyed the current version of the Panther at all.

But i don't want anybody getting it twisted.

EVERY writer has a take and every writer runs their own plays. Not everyone is going to love everything.

I'm not coming in to drop the hammer on anything. Right now, I swear, this one-shot is all that's been talked about and my script is in and being turned into art. The art looks fantastic. i think it's going to be awesome and i hope you guys and all panther fans dig it but I'm not coming in to say, " SEE? THIS! THIS is how you do BP right!"

I'm just trying to tell a Panther story that I would want to read.

If i got the book there are a lot of things I would do that i bet some folks would be like, " WHAT THE HELL! Oh, HELL NO!"

And I'd just shrug and keep writing. Just like what's happening now with Coates.

I want to tell you a good story.

We'll see how i did when it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    hm.

It would be a lie, after hanging around the forums for so many years, if i said I don't see where you're coming from. It would also be a lie if i pretended I've enjoyed the current version of the Panther at all.

EVERY writer has a take and every writer runs their own plays. Not everyone is going to love everything.

I'm not coming in to drop the hammer on anything. Right now, I swear, this one-shot is all that's been talked about and my script is in and being turned into art. The art looks fantastic. i think it's going to be awesome and i hope you guys and all panther fans dig it but I'm not coming in to say, " SEE? THIS! THIS is how you do BP right!"

If i got the book there are a lot of things I would do that i bet some folks would be like, " WHAT THE HELL! Oh, HELL NO!"

And I'd just shrug and keep writing. Just like what's happening now with Coates.

You're right, I'm sure that there would be some people who would be upset with your take on BP when you do the solo.

All I can tell them is go stand in line with the Frump supporters and suck it up.

hm.

Even though I might disagree with T'Challa intelligence level break down you did on here recently, I loved so much of the other stuff you did say. Reading between the lines you displayed a strong, positive, very diplomatic approach in the treatment of some elements of the Pantherverse. Even though we may all have different views on BP, at heart it we all love the character. That being said, as a creative you show respect to the source material. That all most really want! I think if the book is yours to do, the ancestors will smile on you bro!

hm.

It wouldn't be a lie because of what you you have said over the years. Over the last 5 years I have been apart of the BP forums, you have been straight forward about your thoughts and opinions, and I respect that. Your also genuine on your Love for T'Challa the Character, the title Character and uplifting him. One thing I know you have already seen with us BP fans is that, no writer, no matter how much we enjoy them, is above criticism, and rarely ever (perhaps never) has a writer been disliked because of who they are, or just because on one story they didn't do what we wanted. Coates here isn't disliked because we just didn't like what he had T'Challa moping. He is disliked because he was never in it for T'Challa since day one, he made it painfully clear that he had no intention of ever uplifting T'Challa or Wakanda or making him better.

It took him 4 interviews for him to say what he liked about T'Challa. He was very much wanting to write an x book and every season to date has x characters saving the day (S1 is manifold who brings the ancestors, S2 Storm defeats adversary, even S3 is gearing up that manifold and Storm are who N'Jadaka fears the most) and T'Challa is unable to be the title character.

I mean when in a interview the writer straight up says, "Long time fans of the character aren't going to like my take" and the interviewer awkwardly responds to that, why are you even writing the character? When everything you inject into his mythos are racial stereotypes, columbus analogies, and stuff that directly goes against everything the mythos was created to combat, Why. Are. You. Even. Writing. The. Mythos?

Again, at this point in time, I think you are the best writer for T'Challa, the one who can get him to the next level and set him on the right course. This is 100% based off what I have seen and what your have said. It's not a lie,it's my opinion.

And yeah no one will love everything about your run, but it's about whether you capture his voice and uplift him to the level he need should be operating at, and so far, only Priest, Hudlin, and the ones who have atleast captured his voice, Liss, and Narcisse have been able to do that
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-12-2020 at 07:58 PM.

hm.

Face it, you're the hero Black Panther needs right now.

You're going to have to do "Born Again" for the Panther.

Mighty Member

hm.

So the next time you pitch your BP ideas to Marvel, put us on your resume as contacts. We'll let them no you are not pandering here, but a real T'Challa fan who wants to write him.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Unsurprising Grace Randolph's inside scoop about CGI Chadwick was debunked by Victoria Alonso and just like Letitia said, she mentioned they're not thinking about the story right now while grieving.

https://thedirect.com/article/black-...nks-cgi-rumors

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Unsurprising Grace Randolph's inside scoop about CGI Chadwick was debunked by Victoria Alonso and just like Letitia said, she mentioned they're not thinking about the story right now while grieving.

I mean... Yeah, people are idiots if they actually thought that was true in the slightest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Of course Grace was wrong, but Alonso's comments aren't exactly reassuring. I guess they're not intended to lean one way or another regarding a recast but when she says their king "died in real life, not just in fiction" it does look like they're rolling with the idea T'Challa the character has died. She also talks about how T'Challa as a character "left his moment in history". Overall I'm happy they're not gonna go the ghoulish and sensationalist route of killing T'Challa off with CGI, but it does look like they believe T'Challa has died with Boseman. Could be a translation thing or just the line of dialogue she's supposed to give the press but that's just something I noticed. We'll see what they do going forward I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Of course Grace was wrong, but Alonso's comments aren't exactly reassuring. I guess they're not intended to lean one way or another regarding a recast but when she says their king "died in real life, not just in fiction" it does look like they're rolling with the idea T'Challa the character has died. She also talks about how T'Challa as a character "left his moment in history". Overall I'm happy they're not gonna go the ghoulish and sensationalist route of killing T'Challa off with CGI, but it does look like they believe T'Challa has died with Boseman. Could be a translation thing or just the line of dialogue she's supposed to give the press but that's just something I noticed. We'll see what they do going forward I guess.
    Maybe she's referring to T'Challa having died at the end of Infinity War. Although I still say it would look bad from a Black Panther brand perspective to show T'Challa being dead AGAIN, if that's not what Victoria Alonso is talking about.

Also, personally, I'm not entirely convinced that Disney does not yet know how they will move forward with the Black Panther franchise in the MCU, despite what they say. I have a feeling they already know how they are going to handle things, but of course are not going to reveal their plans until they are ready to do so.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I saw that too, honestly I don't think Disney is thst short sighted. The amount of backlash and problems trying to replace him with Shuri, especially with his story far from over, would make for major problems. Especially considering how the treatment of Black males had been

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Maybe she's referring to T'Challa having died at the end of Infinity War. Although I still say it would look bad from a Black Panther brand perspective to show T'Challa being dead AGAIN, if that's not what Victoria Alonso is talking about.

Also, personally, I'm not entirely convinced that Disney does not yet know how they will move forward with the Black Panther franchise in the MCU, despite what they say. I have a feeling they already know how they are going to handle things, but of course are not going to reveal their plans until they are ready to do so.
    You might be right. It's also possible she's speaking in meta terms, like Boseman was the king of the MCU in a fictional, out of universe sense, but also a real human being. It's definitely open to interpretation. I agree it'd be bad to kill T'Challa off a third time but who knows what Disney might do.

My thought is that they're still thinking out how to honor Boseman no matter what direction they go in. Recast or not, they'll have to organize the right events, get the opening and closing of BP2 right, etc. So Disney might not know what they want to do with the character, but they have to make sure they do Boseman justice and I think that's their priority.

I think the film gets pushed back 1-2 years (maybe even 3) and we'll start seeing more concrete info on potential recastings/mantle changing by the end of next year. Disney's got a lot on their plate already and while BP is their most profitable solo franchise, that also means they don't wanna mess up this next installment by tarnishing Boseman's legacy. That means losing fan goodwill and potentially profit. So I think they're being extra careful with how they approach this. There's no immediate need to make a decision on the character yet imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I saw that too, honestly I don't think Disney is thst short sighted. The amount of backlash and problems trying to replace him with Shuri, especially with his story far from over, would make for major problems. Especially considering how the treatment of Black males had been
    I think we should be prepared for any direction Disney goes in. It lessens the disappointment if they end up doing something we wouldn't have done lol. I tend to agree they see the problematic nature of killing off T'Challa with his story unfinished and him being by far the most popular character in the franchise. But I also see how they could rationalize to themselves why it's ok to take him off the board.

They're gonna get backlash no matter what they do, unfortunately. Recast and people will claim they don't care about black women and are desecrating Boseman's legacy. Pass the mantle and you'll have angry longtime fans plus neckbeards talking about an SJW agenda. There's no winning with audiences so I like to think Disney is giving the decision over to Coogler and the cast while looking for the approval of Boseman's family. Plus I'm sure they'll consider what direction will help them the most money-wise in the wake of a pandemic, so it's a lot of factors to consider and I doubt a decision is made soon.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Alonso said "not just in fiction" because the rumour speculated that T'Challa will be killed on screen in the sequel and a CGI model will be used to depict it. If anything she's clearing the air by saying the plan isn't to kill the character off (at least right now).

If they have decided to actually kill off the character I doubt she'd let it slip like that. And based on the rest of her comment, they haven't decided anything yet.

You might be right. It's also possible she's speaking in meta terms, like Boseman was the king of the MCU in a fictional, out of universe sense, but also a real human being. It's definitely open to interpretation. I agree it'd be bad to kill T'Challa off a third time but who knows what Disney might do.

My thought is that they're still thinking out how to honor Boseman no matter what direction they go in. Recast or not, they'll have to organize the right events, get the opening and closing of BP2 right, etc. So Disney might not know what they want to do with the character, but they have to make sure they do Boseman justice and I think that's their priority.

I think the film gets pushed back 1-2 years (maybe even 3) and we'll start seeing more concrete info on potential recastings/mantle changing by the end of next year. Disney's got a lot on their plate already and while BP is their most profitable solo franchise, that also means they don't wanna mess up this next installment by tarnishing Boseman's legacy. That means losing fan goodwill and potentially profit. So I think they're being extra careful with how they approach this. There's no immediate need to make a decision on the character yet imo.

I think we should be prepared for any direction Disney goes in. It lessens the disappointment if they end up doing something we wouldn't have done lol. I tend to agree they see the problematic nature of killing off T'Challa with his story unfinished and him being by far the most popular character in the franchise. But I also see how they could rationalize to themselves why it's ok to take him off the board.

They're gonna get backlash no matter what they do, unfortunately. Recast and people will claim they don't care about black women and are desecrating Boseman's legacy. Pass the mantle and you'll have angry longtime fans plus neckbeards talking about an SJW agenda. There's no winning with audiences so I like to think Disney is giving the decision over to Coogler and the cast while looking for the approval of Boseman's family. Plus I'm sure they'll consider what direction will help them the most money-wise in the wake of a pandemic, so it's a lot of factors to consider and I doubt a decision is made soon.
    There is no reasoning to it being okay. Again, I think Feige and Coogler, are astute enough to know how such a depiction would look for Black people. And honestly I don't see the argument of not caring about Black women when the majority of the cast is female, and also, more importantly, the mythos is based on T'Challa, it's a solo hero movie, not an ensemble.the only argument is "but the comics" while people ignore that MCU Shuri and mu Shuri are the same in name only. MCU is a Disney princess and the comics is female T'Challa but less capable and more traditional and ruthless. They also ignore that, in the comics Shuri doesn't want to be BP again ever. Then they casually ignore that Bucky isn't the White wolf, never had been never will be and only showed up on the mythos once in rise. But all of this is ignored because they don't actually care about the MCU following the comics, they just want to push Black males out in favor of putting in black females in a zero sum game.

That's why that angle, even the desecrating Chadwick's legacy, holds very little ground. Especially because Chad had said already he wants the character to outlive us all.

Ultimate Member

Let them complain then.

The first movie had HOW many black women in it? Who did NOT sit in the background and look pretty. Who probably did more in that ONE movie than every single Marvel & DC super hero movie put together.

But all of this is ignored because they don't actually care about the MCU following the comics, they just want to push Black males out in favor of putting in black females in a zero sum game.
    THIS.
    How many hit pieces did we see go after Black men on ELECTION DAY?
    How many hit pieces do we see DAILY from The Root or Grio go after a black man?

Why can't we get a decent budgeted Shuri movie that shows what she is doing and be a bridge between Black Panther 1 & 2?

Show her in the community and building things. Let her have an adventure and end the movie with whoever takes over for Panther asking her how was her day?

SO the fake woke and black feminists can buzz off. SHuri got her film about HER.